White Men of Japan

What? Roots Reggae is not a naturally brown Rasta man with a huge dick smoking ganja and banging cuties in a hammock?
So disappointed ! :D

I think the only thing you got wrong is the colour, otherwise it sounds exactly like him!

Though obviously I have never met him, so it's all speculation but I still believe the only minority he belongs is he uses helmet in his bike trips!

Interesting. I just thought it was silly and a bit fun. It's hard to believe that she had any serious intentions. But maybe I was wrong. Maybe this is really how she thinks and feels. If so, she's obviously wrong. It's not easy to make it in Japan, and some of the smartest people I have met anywhere are white males in Japan. The kind of expats you could find in places like Thailand and Philippines 20 years ago (and maybe still), never survived in Japan. I hope I don't offend anybody. Still, I think if you have lived in Japan for some time, you recognize the types. I, at least, sometimes run into people resembling somebody from her groups.

I tried to reciprocate with similar rant about "white women in Japan" . In fact you don't need to change much... and in fact it looks way more offensive the other way round

"They fall into these categories:

1. Condescending asses who will insist that Japan treats all people equally if you try hard enough, society is so much better than her home country, sexism does exist but is no worse than in the west , and she started her business with absolutely nothing but her brains and the expensive college education her daddy bought her (or, in some cases, her pussy).

2. “I just like Japanese men.” Ugly, socially inept fuck who could never get a date in any other country, but Japanese men date her because she’s a 〜*white woman*〜.

3. Otaku. Socially inept. Wants to compare pussies with every other foreigner they meet. “I’ve been in Japan THIS long.” “I speak THIS well!” etc.

4. Drunk British or Australian (or American) woman in ugly leggings who will make (or at least think) inappropriate sexual comments, look down on Japanese men, take up three seats on the train, and vomit in public

5. Entitled white girl. Totally offended that you don’t want to be friends, expects to be treated like a Japanese lady, totally wasn’t her fault that she got fired from her last two jobs because she can’t shut her mouth when her opinion isn’t needed. Or (more likely) expat's wife with similar attitude.

A lot of times they’re a combination of two or more of these. It’s never a pleasant interaction.

Reactions: just4fun
If so, she's obviously wrong.

She might be right too. I mean she definitely doesn't want to date or have sex with white guys. I am totally with her on that.

And I remember one discussion on some random forum 30 years ago. For you youngsters that was when we used smoke signals to communicate as electricity was not invented yet.

Anyway some new guy from US was venting how none of the foreigners (and I bet he was referring to other while males) whom he meets in the streets of Tokyo never greet him back even when he is happily nodding and going "good morning" to them.

Some older guy wrote back that you learn not to talk, communicate or make friends with any foreigners in Japan very soon when you find out that around 90% of them are complete whack jobs or other kinds of lunatics who are here only because they never did fit in their respective home countries.

None of the above descriptions fits me...

I'm more like 6. Exhausted expat trying to get by, build a career and save money while staying grounded and avoiding other expats as much as he cans.

Reactions: Garcian
What? Roots Reggae is not a naturally brown Rasta man with a huge dick smoking ganja and banging cuties in a hammock?
So disappointed ! :D

Hey, after that description, me too-I am so disappointed.:ROFLMAO:

Actually, in a way, I resemble my avatar.

And..
only one of your delusions is correct.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Lukes and MikeH
You always become like that every summer when you get little suntan on your bike trips. Just believe me when I say that being a brown cyclist doesn't put you in any minority groups and thus don't guarantee slim girls! Come the winter and you are again as ugly meat eating heterosexual ignorant white guy like any of us.

I do take precautions, you know.

Firstly, I lather up the face with sunblock, the kind that's whiter than my face, and try to make it disappear. I'm usually only slightly successful in this endeavor.

Then, on goes the sunblock arm sleeves-they actually seem cooler.
sunblock arm sleeve.jpg

And I don't do it, ride the bike, for the women, but thank you for believing in the possibility, or lack thereof.

I do it to stay alive, to know that I'm alive and still capable of getting back in the saddle.

She might be right too. I mean she definitely doesn't want to date or have sex with white guys. I am totally with her on that.

And I remember one discussion on some random forum 30 years ago. For you youngsters that was when we used smoke signals to communicate as electricity was not invented yet.

Anyway some new guy from US was venting how none of the foreigners (and I bet he was referring to other while males) whom he meets in the streets of Tokyo never greet him back even when he is happily nodding and going "good morning" to them.

Some older guy wrote back that you learn not to talk, communicate or make friends with any foreigners in Japan very soon when you find out that around 90% of them are complete whack jobs or other kinds of lunatics who are here only because they never did fit in their respective home countries.

I skimmed her blog. There are references to her bipolar condition, complaints about mental health care in JPN, and having visited 5 or 6 psychiatrists. Sounds like a complex back story - certainly not a typical expat story.

I think the only thing you got wrong is the colour, otherwise it sounds exactly like him!

Though obviously I have never met him, so it's all speculation but I still believe the only minority he belongs is he uses helmet in his bike trips!

Yeah, and that helmet saved my life.

Almost three years ago, I regained consciousness in an ambulance on Enoshima. I still have no memory of the accident. A dislocated shoulder put me out of commision-riding, for four months.

I do remember, just before the ride, of adjusting the helmet straps which were a little too loose.

I have little Bluetooth speakers attached to the helmet, listening to...roots reggae.:cool:

Yeah, and that helmet saved my life.

Without bicycle helmets I would personally have two close friends less than I do now so I am all for using them.

Meet the Charisma Man archenemy.

I did some googling the other week and a Tumblr blog caught my eye. Here’s a 26-year old American girl (“call me Ari or Alice”) with an attitude. She clearly has a background as sex worker in Kabukicho and as hostess, but it seems she has left that behind now. She answers questions from her female readership about working in Kirari, the mysterious host world, and other such things.

She's funny. She writes well, is knowledgeable and entertaining - with a big attitude. I liked reading her posts. Well, that was until yesterday, I suppose. Yesterday the post below popped up on my screen.

I would hope I’m one of the “normal dudes”. But probably small chance. Reluctantly, I would have to put myself in category 2.

What about the other esteemed (white) TAG gentlemen? To which group do you belong?

k-u-r-a-g-e

anonymous asked:

What are the white men in Japan like? Good or bad experiences?

HmmMM. I know a few decent, normal dudes.

That said, a go out of my way to avoid white men in general. They fall into these categories:

1. Condescending ass who will insist that Japan treats all people equally if you try hard enough, sexism doesn’t exist, and he started his business will absolutely nothing but a small loan and the expensive college education his daddy bought him.

2. “I just like Japanese women.” Ugly, socially inept fuck who could never get a date in any other country, but Japanese girls date him because he’s a 〜*white man*〜.

3. Otaku. Socially inept. Wants to compare dicks with every other foreigner they meet. “I’ve been in Japan THIS long.” “I speak THIS well!” etc.

4. Drunk British or Australian man in shorts and flip flops who will make inappropriate sexual comments, grab Japanese women, take up three seats on the train, and tell you to “Get the fuck out of my way you fat cunt.”

5. Entitled white boy. Totally offended that you don’t want to be friends, expects to be treated like a Japanese, totally wasn’t his fault that he got fired from his last two jobs because he can’t shut his mouth when his opinion isn’t needed.

A lot of times they’re a combination of two or more of these. It’s never a pleasant interaction.

She sounds like an uptight, miserable feminist that hates herself for being white because of "white guilt" and projects her self-hatred onto white men exclusively.

So all white men in Japan have all these problems, yet white women in Japan don't? Get the fuck out of here with that nonsense!

Time to stop listening to Glen Singleton.

I've probably spent more time (cumulative ) waiting on train platforms here than this person has lived here. I can't imagine why I would care how this (self admittedly) crazy person has to categorize me to make her world work for her.

I guess you trigger guyz of "what you think" deep down in mind. She must have kept thinking of stereotypes and gave up taking positively transformation of guys she really deserve.Ex, If you think "all of my clients are nuts!" Then, you only attract nutsy clients. "I only deserve nice clients, nice guyz" then you trigger nice clients or guyz, imo.

Now I know the reason why, TAG got down...
lol. Just a joke, though!

I had been busy last week, but I wonder why I missed all those good stuff, is that related to TAG got inaccesible for awhile..., or rocky sleet accidently slipped in and hit the server???
Love ya all!

She sounds like an uptight, miserable feminist that hates herself for being white because of "white guilt" and projects her self-hatred onto white men exclusively.

So all white men in Japan have all these problems, yet white women in Japan don't? Get the fuck out of here with that nonsense!

Time to stop listening to Glen Singleton.

We all, as human beings, have problems.

The problem, in this case, is in lumping people together as a "type," rather than recognizing one as an individual. In making a stereotype, the writer, in effect, is justifying maltreatment of all in this type. Types, therefore, act to deprive basic rights a person has as a human being.

And forgive me, you too, in your post, commit the same faux pas as the blog lady.

Last edited:
Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I guess you trigger guyz of "what you think" deep down in mind. She must have kept thinking of stereotypes and gave up taking positively transformation of guys she really deserve.Ex, If you think "all of my clients are nuts!" Then, you only attract nutsy clients. "I only deserve nice clients, nice guyz" then you trigger nice clients or guyz, imo.

Love this!! I am a true believer of how the universe will only give back to you the type of energy you put out there yourself.

Attachments

• IMG_8829.JPG
    IMG_8829.JPG
    200.7 KB · Views: 77
We all, as human beings, have problems.

The problem, in this case, is in lumping people together as a "type," rather than recognizing one as an individual. In making a stereotype, the writer, in effect, is justifying maltreatment of all in this type. Types, therefore, act to deprive basic rights a person has as a human being.

And forgive me, you too, in your post, commit the same faux pas as the blog lady.

The same could be said about this post you made where you singled me out...kind of like how Glen Singleton does with white people. <---You like what I did there? lol

Even if the woman doesn't believe in all the bs she is typing...why defend her on any level? You are stereotyping me all the time, which is why you always post most things directed at me lol. In this post you are stereotyping me as a guy who stereotypes a woman who stereotypes as well...to a much more extreme degree...so what is your point...other than trolling me?

At least in my post, I stated that all white people (regardless of gender) in Japan have problems, whereas that woman was categorizing all the types of men she arbitrarily "hates".

Now I know the reason why, TAG got down...
lol. Just a joke, though!

I had been busy last week, but I wonder why I missed all those good stuff, is that related to TAG got inaccesible for awhile..., or rocky sleet accidently slipped in and hit the server???
Love ya all!

I be spitting so much truth it be knocking out the server yo! They call me Rocky Sleet!

rocky-stallone-flag-xlarge.jpg

Reactions: Yuriko
Love this!! I am a true believer of how the universe will only give back to you the type of energy you put out there yourself.

thats true! I love movies like TrainSpotting and rockers like Iggy Pop so in return I get a very healthy , balanced life ! :)

Reactions: Yuriko and Troilist