Guest viewing is limited

Your Favorite City For Living In Japan

Quite literally: zero single girls. It's a pussy desert. I've asked local Japanese guys in my area (including a bar owner) where they all are, all repeat the same thing: "...girls move to Tokyo as soon as they can" ... And it's a hard truth. Only mommies (families), old people (naturally) and Junior High school students seem to exist outside of Tokyo.

Found this interactive map last year, I think. Mouse over a location and it will show the percentage of women 20-39 years old by 2040 (compared to 2010 numbers). If I understood it correctly. Bleak situation as most of the locations have negative values.
http://www.nikkei.com/edit/interact...38.0157470703125/dataset=sou_women_ratio/z=7/

Yokohama is one of the few locales where 20-39 yo population actually is predicted to increase.

Reactions: roots reggae
One of the not-so-large cities in the Kansai area. Nishinomiya, Takarazuka, Ibaraki, Ashiya, Akashi, Himeji... but I'd even choose Nishinari-ku instead of Tokyo. Or Hirosaki in Aomori prefecture. At least the rent is cheap there.

Sapporo. I like the cold and snow.

It's a little bit inconvenient though, as soon as the mercury hits -8°C or lower you have to leave the tap slightly open while not at home, otherwise the pipes will freeze and burst. Oh, and put an electric heater into your toilet, otherwise the water in there will freeze too. Not only in older apartments, also within the newer ones. That's the price for the lack of typhoons :confused:

I've personally polled several Japanese in my area the very question of "where would you live if..." and almost all reply, "Yokohama"
Best in Japan my friend. Edoko weep with envy.

I've personally polled several Japanese in my area the very question of "where would you live if..." and almost all reply, "Yokohama" for its proximity to Tokyo (primarily) but I guess it has a fun atmosphere (lots of singles)? I don't know anything about Yokohama (never been there) other than I hear it has a large China Town.
@Wowzerz

Since you've never been to scenic Yokohama, here's a picture of the waterfront-breathe in the fresh air!

45207514.jpg

My wife forces me to close the car windows each time we drive the Bayshore on the way to Tokyo

Best in Japan my friend. Edoko weep with envy.

And here's another view of the oil refinery district, complete with John Chaver's favorite Gojilla adversary, Astro-Monster

3168381._SX540_.jpg

I've lived in Osaka, I've been to lots of places in Japan and, for me, nothing beats Tokyo.
So many great places not too far from Tokyo (Enoshima, Nokogiriyama, Kamakura, Odawara, Matsumoto, Utsunomiya, etc.) and an incredible number of parks/temples within Tokyo.

Reactions: roots reggae
Tokyo. I've lived in other cities and areas in Japan, and visited other cities. I don't know if I could live in another city in Japan besides Tokyo.

Reactions: majimekun