Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Yes - as an adult (medical reason)

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • No

Votes: 34 47.9%
  • I don't know

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters
I'm uncut (thank god). Circumcision is easily the subject that infuriates me the most and drives me crazy every time I see the stupid arguments for doing it.
Especially the hygiene reason, you know why? Because uncut people can have the foreskin pulled back and leave like that if they want!! And then there's no difference and you can clean it just as easily as someone who is cut. Or you can just pull back the foreskin in the blink of an eye and clean it, no problem!
Bunch of brained washed ignorant people cutting off the most sensitive and important part of penis without giving the child a right of choice. You fucking WAIT and you let them decide for themselves!!
AAAAARGH I get sooo mad. Maybe you should wait and let them decide if they want to follow your religion too. Stop the brain washing of children! God designed everything so perfectly but man, that foreskin is just sooo annoying, let's get rid of it! Nope, turns out it's actually there for a reason. Eyelids are pretty useful too from what I understand, and they fill some similar functions.

Circumcision (male and female) is one of the worst crimes against humanity, and for some reason male circumcision is socially accepted, but female is not. It's the same fucking thing!!
If I was with a woman and doing child planning and she told me she wants the child circumcised I would refuse, no negotiation.
Well, since you said GOD designed everything so perfectly then circumcision MUST be in Gods plan. :p

Hey now... accidents happen, doesn't sound like she did it on purpose, she was probably almost as traumatised as her partner!

yea they both where... the story kinda keeps popping into my mind when im getting a "power" handjob

Reactions: Sudsy
While I am also somewhat 'pro-choice' on cicrumcisions, from my experience, if you plan to cut your kids peepee, cut it when their young
Last thing you want is a dirty drinking story of a botched up post surgery.
I've seen kids and adults get cut and as far as I can tell, the kids are far more manly.
There was this one fat kid I remember who just walked up to the bed, sat there and stared at me the whole way, while he got his little snippy. Not a single profanity thrown.

Female circumcision is definitely worse than male! For male it's usually a small cut in a hospital as babies. Now, i'm not an expert at female circumcision but i have heard horror stories that you would never wish to your worst enemy. Girls of ages like 9 having most of the outside part of their vulva cut off with very unhycienic tools, getting sand and whatever in the wounds, being not able to ever experience any pleasure from sex or even to have sex without pain...

I'm not pro male circumcacion but its not the same thing.

I don't believe in a god. That was me being ironic, which you probably got. :joyful:
I totally get the point though. Like people cant be transsexual, do a lot of surgery, modify their eggs and sperm so their future child doesn't get genetic diseases because they are "playing god" but cutting off a piece of skin that God put on a child is totally ok.

Reactions: Wwanderer
While I am also somewhat 'pro-choice' on cicrumcisions, from my experience, if you plan to cut your kids peepee, cut it when their young
Last thing you want is a dirty drinking story of a botched up post surgery.
I've seen kids and adults get cut and as far as I can tell, the kids are far more manly.
There was this one fat kid I remember who just walked up to the bed, sat there and stared at me the whole way, while he got his little snippy. Not a single profanity thrown.
I suppose that grown ups are generally a lot more attached to their dear penis than children.

Reactions: Wwanderer and Torky
I think the reason is superficially "hygiene" but actually has more to do with religion being about restricting sexuality than anything and it's just a conspiracy to stop boys masturbating / having sex rampantly, in much the same way female circumcision is about that

I don't know if it is currently common, but in the US in decades not long past, many doctors routinely recommended circumcision to the parents of (male) newborns to be done before they went home from the hospital. It was basically a part of the delivery and post-delivery medical services. The parents had to consent of course but only in the sense and way that they consented to all of the other minor medical treatments their child received post-delivery. In other words, it was not regarded by many as any sort of major issue or decision...similar to routine childhood vaccinations for example.

-Ww

Four years ago it was not recommended to us or even discussed , not that I pursued a discussion. They just asked "to snip or not to snip", and that was it.

The routine circumcision recommendation situation I encountered was at one of the Harvard University Med School affiliated hospitals in Boston, i.e., one of the top hospitals in the world, fwiiw...and decades back as I mentioned.

-Ww

I'm not surprised this happens in the US. The hospitals are able to sell the skin to cosmetic companies.

If they make enough money doing that to even show up in the finances of a major US hospital, tiny snips of foreskin must be the most expensive commodity per gram on the planet! :confused:

-Ww

Amazing!

If individuals could do that and get even a modest fraction of US$100k, there would surely be lines of not-yet-snipped guys waiting to cash in on their foreskins...and probably not just junkies, the homeless etc but also those wanting a down payment on a house or to pay off their student loans etc. I mean for most, it is no huge deal even in adulthood. Probably that would be considered unethical and/or illegal though.

-Ww

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I'm not surprised this happens in the US. The hospitals are able to sell the skin to cosmetic companies.

Really? I was always told that they were sold to luggage companies to make special wallets.

What's so special about a wallet made of foreskin, you might ask? Well, give it a few gentle rubs, and it turns into a briefcase.

Amazing!

If individuals could do that and get even a modest fraction of US$100k, there would surely be lines of not-yet-snipped guys waiting to cash in on their foreskins...and probably not just junkies, the homeless etc but also those wanting a down payment on a house or to pay off their student loans etc. I mean for most, it is no huge deal even in adulthood. Probably that would be considered unethical and/or illegal though.

-Ww

Unsurprisingly, to prevent the sort of abuse that would occur, there are laws that forbid the selling of your own body parts in most countries. While aimed at preventing the poor being exploited as organ farms, it would also apply to a foreskin.

Female circumcision is definitely worse than male! For male it's usually a small cut in a hospital as babies. Now, i'm not an expert at female circumcision but i have heard horror stories that you would never wish to your worst enemy. Girls of ages like 9 having most of the outside part of their vulva cut off with very unhycienic tools, getting sand and whatever in the wounds, being not able to ever experience any pleasure from sex or even to have sex without pain...

I'm not pro male circumcacion but its not the same thing.

I've seen before and after photos of FGM (female genital mutilation) and it ain't pretty. The female genital AFAIK contains more nerve endings (clitoris alone contain 8000, trumping the penis' 4000) and can't even begin how to imagine the pain. In 3rd world countries they do this w/o pain killers, with a razor blade, on the ground.

Recently gynecologists (educated people) are proposing that a genital "nick" can be used as a compromise to avoid a such more extreme procedure.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/female-...radition-surgical-procedure-gynecology-374706

Why not just educate the women in the countries still performing FGM?

I am pro no effing cutting/nicking the genitals!

I don't know if it is currently common, but in the US in decades not long past, many doctors routinely recommended circumcision to the parents of (male) newborns to be done before they went home from the hospital. It was basically a part of the delivery and post-delivery medical services. The parents had to consent of course but only in the sense and way that they consented to all of the other minor medical treatments their child received post-delivery. In other words, it was not regarded by many as any sort of major issue or decision...similar to routine childhood vaccinations for example.

-Ww
I wouldn't trust hospitals too much, some decades ago the medical world sold amphetamine as an easy to get medicine and there has been a lot of addictive drugs being sold over the counter before. Also treating mentally ill people with icepricks and stuff like that.
The medical world did things that would now be considered insane in a not very distant past.

I've seen before and after photos of FGM (female genital mutilation) and it ain't pretty. The female genital AFAIK contains more nerve endings (clitoris alone contain 8000, trumping the penis' 4000) and can't even begin how to imagine the pain. In 3rd world countries they do this w/o pain killers, with a razor blade, on the ground.

Recently gynecologists (educated people) are proposing that a genital "nick" can be used as a compromise to avoid a such more extreme procedure.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/female-...radition-surgical-procedure-gynecology-374706

Exactly, they cut off big pieces of young girls their vulva and it can easily get infected the way they do this.

While the procedure proposed would be much better (and results probably similar to male circumcasion done in hospitals) i still don't feel that people should perform operations on babies that could cost them sexual pleasure later in life just because of culture or religion.
Let people decide for themselves if they want a penis without foreskin or a "designer pussy".

Then again, the guys on here who had circumcasion all comment defending and positively and while that may be because they don't know better and because they don't wanna put down their parents' upbringing, it makes me think that it's not such a big deal and trauma that some people make out of it.

At birth, the foreskin can't be pulled back yet. From what I've read parents should wait until the baby is 2-3 yo before trying to pull it back.

So the circumcision procedure for babies are invasive -> sexplanations (YT video)
But I've heard circumcision can be very traumatic, the older the male. It's arguably better to do it to babies. It's some they won't remember.

However, there might be a way to modify the procedure, where the minimum foreskin that is necessary (for hygienic purposes) is removed.

I think female circumcision is some insane shit perpetrated by sexually repressed or ignorant people. Unlike with males, where there is at least an hygienic argument, it serves no purpose with women other than to mutilate their genitals to inhibit sexual pleasure and repress their sexuality.

I think female circumcision is some insane shit perpetrated by sexually repressed or ignorant people. Unlike with males, where there is at least an hygienic argument, it serves no purpose with women other than to mutilate their genitals to inhibit sexual pleasure and repress their sexuality.
I totally agree. It's an insane, sick way to make sure that women wont enjoy sex.