Abbreviations and Translations

According to a list of SM terms in Japanese, 局部奉仕 (kyokubu houshi) is a term for oral sex—licking/sucking the female or male genitals. The term comes from the use of houshi, which refers to a type of service that is done selflessly and not for any monetary gain, most often for religious reasons. There are other uses, too.

“Kyokubu”, although sometimes translated as “local”, often refers to a human’s private parts.
Thank you kindly for the explanation!

Reactions: Alice
Hi Everyone,
I didn't see this posted. What is the best way to ask for prone bone in Japanese?
If you mean both of you facing down to the mattress that would be utsubuse. Not sure if there is a specific position name.

If you mean both of you facing down to the mattress that would be utsubuse. Not sure if there is a specific position name.
Utsubuse (うつ伏せ) just means laying face down - like you would for a back massage.

The correct term is 寝バック (nebakku) or less commonly 寝ながらバック (nenagara bakku)

Regarding sex positions, not a lot of girls in Japan give a clear answer on “spooning.” It’s currently my favorite position and easiest way to get a nut, but the number of girls who I ask what to call it have given me what seem to be acceptable answers:

- 側位 sokui is the dictionary correct term, but a surprising number of ladies today do not know what it means.

- 横バック yokobakku seems to generally be understood, but some girls go to nebakku despite the self-explanation of 横, or perhaps my misunderstanding construed with it.

If anyone knows a better term or easier way to suggest spooning I’d be delighted to hear an answer.

Regarding sex positions, not a lot of girls in Japan give a clear answer on “spooning.” It’s currently my favorite position and easiest way to get a nut, but the number of girls who I ask what to call it have given me what seem to be acceptable answers:

- 側位 sokui is the dictionary correct term, but a surprising number of ladies today do not know what it means.

- 横バック yokobakku seems to generally be understood, but some girls go to nebakku despite the self-explanation of 横, or perhaps my misunderstanding construed with it.

If anyone knows a better term or easier way to suggest spooning I’d be delighted to hear an answer.
Just google translate cuddle/snuggle and you get yorisou, guess you could say yorisotte kure, kinda like get closer to snuggle, but that might be upfront instead of from behind her.
So maybe ushiro kara dakishimetai. But as a position name im lost, sorry.

Also,

Utsubuse (うつ伏せ) just means laying face down - like you would for a back massage.

I understand what you mean but it's kinda sudden to just go hey nebakku shiyo. I would kinda go chotto utsubuse ni natte kure, nebakku o tameshitai. Or something like that

Just google translate cuddle/snuggle and you get yorisou, guess you could say yorisotte kure, kinda like get closer to snuggle, but that might be upfront instead of from behind her.
So maybe ushiro kara dakishimetai. But as a position name im lost, sorry.
That’d be the equivalent of “ho, lay yo’ ass down beside me.”

Not saying it that way, thank you.

Also, the verb 抱きしめる dakishimeru has an intimacy to it that isn’t best associated with NSA/p4p sex. Saying that also should include using words like “I love you” and “You’re the only one for me,” which isn’t the truth at all for the 60th girl I’d be banging this year…
Also,
I understand what you mean but it's kinda sudden to just go hey nebakku shiyo. I would kinda go chotto utsubuse ni natte kure, nebakku o tameshitai. Or something like that
Brevity is key in Japanese. There’s a reason why phrases like sumimasen and yoroshiku onegaishimasu are used for almost everything in this culture.

That’d be the equivalent of “ho, lay yo’ ass down beside me.”

Not saying it that way, thank you.

Also, the verb 抱きしめる dakishimeru has an intimacy to it that isn’t best associated with NSA/p4p sex. Saying that also should include using words like “I love you” and “You’re the only one for me,” which isn’t the truth at all for the 60th girl I’d be banging this year…

Brevity is key in Japanese. There’s a reason why phrases like sumimasen and yoroshiku onegaishimasu are used for almost everything in this culture.
That not even close man, yorisou is to get close or to cuddle, how did it turn to that?

And i get the brevity as well but that doesnt make my phrase wrong, in the end you do you man i was just trying to help but if its not for you thats the end of that.

That not even close man, yorisou is to get close or to cuddle, how did it turn to that?

And i get the brevity as well but that doesnt make my phrase wrong, in the end you do you man i was just trying to help but if its not for you thats the end of that.
You wrote “yorisotte kure.” This becomes command form, which is rude. “Kure” is the command form of Japanese that gristly old men or anime characters use and is generally inappropriate when naked with a woman who “wants” to please you (unless it’s specifically an SM situation.)

Also, yorisou can translate to “cuddle” but looking at various examples it could be standing up and sitting down. Not clear instructions for spooning.

I appreciate your desire to help, but your phrasing could lead to a “wtf” from the girl if she isn’t used to pointless phrasing…it is not a good idea to use that kind of Japanese, so you are better off doing like me.

You two, get a room!
I’m not done with you yet though, sugar 💋

Oof, i posted a bad joke in reply but deleted it quick, sorry.

Its all good man just difference of opinions, im good and hope requiem is not offended or nothing
I’m not offended.

I just want you to be decent to women and not use command form. 😊
And also not waste their time by trying to ease them into it. This is her job—tell her what she needs to do to please you clearly.

You wrote “yorisotte kure.” This becomes command form, which is rude. “Kure” is the command form of Japanese that gristly old men or anime characters use and is generally inappropriate when naked with a woman who “wants” to please you (unless it’s specifically an SM situation.)

Also, yorisou can translate to “cuddle” but looking at various examples it could be standing up and sitting down. Not clear instructions for spooning.

I appreciate your desire to help, but your phrasing could lead to a “wtf” from the girl if she isn’t used to pointless phrasing…it is not a good idea to use that kind of Japanese, so you are better off doing like me.

I’m not done with you yet though, sugar 💋
I thought you would both be in bed and you want her to get close and snuggle. There would be no getting up or sitting. And i used kure as informal or friendlier i guess "kureo" would be less commanding? But kudasai when qyou are in bed seems cold/distant. I dont know maybe im just weird or my japanese is cause i have taken some classes in college but its mostly from anime base so... yeah.

横バック is definitely the more commonly used term, but not every woman is going to understand it, even fuzoku girls. Just like in English, not every woman is going to understand the name of every single sexual position out there... just the common ones and maybe a few that she's tried and liked enough to learn the names for.

I’m not offended.

I just want you to be decent to women and not use command form. 😊
And also not waste their time by trying to ease them into it. This is her job—tell her what she needs to do to please you clearly.
Well just noticed you were referring to a pro and not a gf so i get why my answer was kinda weird. The original comment didnt say for who it was so i didnt think it through but i guess to a provider it would be like you said, wtf is this guy on kinda situation. My bad

Dude - you actually said above that "utsubuse" is the way to say it and that you didn't know a position name, I give you (and the original poster) the name of the position, and now
you're trying to give me a grammar and usage lesson? I gave you a vocabulary item in isolation, not a suggestion to grunt the word in bed.

And seriously, drop the "kure", unless you want to sound like a 70 year old Peace Light puffing kei truck delivery driver.*

maybe my japanese is [weird] cause i have taken some classes in college but its mostly from anime base
That explains a lot. Life tip: Do not assume anything you learned from anime applies to real life. And given what we've seen of your understanding of Japanese, you probably shouldn't be giving anyone language advice until you spend some significant time learning and using the language in the real world.

Keep in mind that Requiem and I live here and use the language in our day to day lives.

* Since you don't live here and might not understand the reference: Peace Light is a particularly powerful yet cheap high nicotine cigarette brand, favoured by the low end of the working class.

Last edited:
Japanese is like a Gruyère cheese, the more japanese you know, the less japanese you know.

This conversation reminds me of my session with Kaoru. I asked her how "doggy style" was in japanese and she went like "yeah, just bakku lol".

How was that quote? Simpler is better.

I thought you would both be in bed and you want her to get close and snuggle. There would be no getting up or sitting. And i used kure as informal or friendlier i guess "kureo" would be less commanding? But kudasai when qyou are in bed seems cold/distant. I dont know maybe im just weird or my japanese is cause i have taken some classes in college but its mostly from anime base so... yeah.
You could use the gerund with rising intonation:

Yorisotte kureru?

If I were ever to use this word, I would prefer to use volitional:

Yorisoou?

Well just noticed you were referring to a pro and not a gf so i get why my answer was kinda weird. The original comment didnt say for who it was so i didnt think it through but i guess to a provider it would be like you said, wtf is this guy on kinda situation. My bad
Then your advice is kinda worse. I also have a girlfriend, and the conversation usually goes like this:

Me: Daisuki!
Her: Nande?
Me: Asobitai yo!
Her: Ima?
Me: Onegai?
Her: Mou, shou ga nai, anta…saisho de seijoui de ii?
Me: Sokui!
Her: Aikawarazu…

This is her in a good mood. Notice how short the phrases are. Flowery cozy shit like you suggested out of my mouth and she’ll think I did something wrong, which will turn into a fight, which will turn into me sleeping on the chair by myself.

Dude - you actually said above that "utsubuse" is the way to say it and that you didn't know a position name, I give you (and the original poster) the name of the position, and now

you're trying to give me a grammar and usage lesson? I gave you a vocabulary item in isolation, not a suggestion to grunt the word in bed.

And seriously, drop the "kure", unless you want to sound like a 70 year old Peace Light puffing kei truck delivery driver.*

That explains a lot. Life tip: Do not assume anything you learned from anime applies to real life. And given what we've seen of your understanding of Japanese, you probably shouldn't be giving anyone language advice until you spend some significant time learning and using the language in the real world.

Keep in mind that Requiem and I live here and use the language in our day to day lives.

* Since you don't live here and might not understand the reference: Peace Light is a particularly powerful yet cheap high nicotine cigarette brand, favoured by the low end of the working class.

Well i did get around a whole month mostly by myself last time and im doing the same this time, and the base might be anime but the same is true for my english which is my 2nd language being cuban and i studied and work in the us in english mostly. And also studied the japanese language even if 2 semesters is not that much.
And the time in japan is no measure by itself. Ive seen youtubers that have lived 10+ years there and honestly suck at japanese imo.

And for the kure it is just an informal kudasai, as i said in my last post i thought he wanted the phrase to snuggle with a gf not a provider and kudasai seems cold or distant when talking with someone you are dating, i think. And there are way worse words like sore wo shiro(do that) or just plain order like kocchi koi (come here) which do sound more demanding/commanding but could be playful depending on your tone.

Lastly i have no idea about the quote cause i dont smoke as well, but im guessing they are japanese and they use the word kure right, so ill keep my tone and demeanor nice and think about when to say stuff like kure.

You could use the gerund with rising intonation:

Yorisotte kureru?

If I were ever to use this word, I would prefer to use volitional:

Yorisoou?

Then your advice is kinda worse. I also have a girlfriend, and the conversation usually goes like this:

Me: Daisuki!
Her: Nande?
Me: Asobitai yo!
Her: Ima?
Me: Onegai?
Her: Mou, shou ga nai, anta…saisho de seijoui de ii?
Me: Sokui!
Her: Aikawarazu…

This is her in a good mood. Notice how short the phrases are. Flowery cozy shit like you suggested out of my mouth and she’ll think I did something wrong, which will turn into a fight, which will turn into me sleeping on the chair by myself.
There you go kureru sounds great, even nicer and closer. Perfect man