Guest viewing is limited

Alternative to Bliss Out in Shinjuku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, Bar S? Am I missing something or how does one find that place? Googling just returns a posh bar in Ginza...
https://asakusashangrila.wixsite.com/bar-s

If you Google "bar s ueno" you can find there. Note that maps doesn't show the exact location. You have to call the shop to get directions from the general area.

Yes this shop is for those who can speak japanese and have health insurance cards.
OMG!! Did you go Bar S??
Bar S requires Japanese health insurance cards, which means non-Japanese tourists friendly.
I went there several times.
The 2nd floor is smoky, but overall not so dirty. Every customers are kind and they respect manners, but you might feel they are weird for the first time.
If you would like to try another, I would recommend Bar Collabo in Iwamotocho.
I understand you are a resident of Japan or you can communicate in Japanese.

Yea, it was on my list of shops to try. I live in Japan and speak japanese well enough so I am usually ok with going to most shops.
If I sounded overly bad about bar s I did not mean it. The people there were great, very friendly and kind. Just the playstyle of the bar doesn't match me. There is a big expectation of share play so the poor guys felt let down when I didn't do that haha.

What kind of bar is Collabo?

(New) bar s: ooooh boy.... This is a unique place to say the least. It's basically an old house converted into a bar. 4 floors. 2nd is bar space and lockers. 3rd is a sitting area. 4th is a playroom. The bathrooms and showers were a little old and a tiny bit dirty, but not terrible. The main problem was the culture of the bar. This is a gangbang bar 100%(I heard rumors but wasn't sure until I went). Women go here for multiple play. Couples go for multiple play. When we went it was a busy affernoon. Meaning like 20 guys and 4 ladies haha. This bar is famously cheap for guys to enter. It's only 4,000 yen for the entire day and you can come and go as you please. Couples are free if they post 3 hours ahead of time.
We met friends there that were regulars. They enjoy multiple play so they often go here. The regulars were friendly enough, but unless people want to do gangbang stuff I cannot suggest this bar. Its also not a great choice for non-japanese speakers. My partner and I enjoyed ourselves even though we don't do gangbang stuff. There was a rope expert that day so my lady was bound up for punishment in front of the very eager gentlemen. We probably won't be going back there but it was an interesting experience to say the least!
As a regular at gang bang parties in Germany (untill 2017) and Italy i was so exciting reading your report and I was hoping I had found a cheap place to have fun in Tokyo. But the excitement didn't last long, as the place is not tourist friendly :(

As a regular at gang bang parties in Germany (untill 2017) and Italy i was so exciting reading your report and I was hoping I had found a cheap place to have fun in Tokyo. But the excitement didn't last long, as the place is not tourist friendly :(
There isn't really any happening bar that is tourist friendly. For sure that is a nice market if one starts. But a little birdie told me that bliss out(the easiest for tourists to visit) might be opening back up sooner than later 😉. They always hosted a monthly gang bang event.

Reactions: Gina and Alice
There isn't really any happening bar that is tourist friendly. For sure that is a nice market if one starts. But a little birdie told me that bliss out(the easiest for tourists to visit) might be opening back up sooner than later 😉. They always hosted a monthly gang bang event.
That’s great news.

I wonder if the raid means that 9259 is closed and if it’s permanent or not.

The website is completely gone. Might be closed. Hadn’t they already been raided before?

I am starting to think there might be a HB crackdown going on. Bliss Out had a really strange move to a new and worse location without explanation then just closed.

Sleeping Beauty raided and closed.

None of this makes sense apart from the owners having some serious reason to do so.

It might be that places with open play rooms are getting raided first. Never heard of a place with play rooms behind locked doors being raided.

Last edited:
Thanks! I'll be in Tokyo from 1st December untill 10th December on 11th flight back home. Hope to find something interesting... :giggle:

Reactions: JamesT and Gina
Just recently heard Bar Eden got raided.
How often this kind of establishment got raid or is there any indicator? for example : lack of private room etc?

I have never been to a swingers club, I was always too nervous to go by my self as a single male, but i now have a freaky new girlfriend that is keen to try it out with me as well.
I had heard of bliss out and we were going to try it a few weeks ago, and then I look up that it had closed, and there is all these raids going on.
Happy to have found this thread, might give some of the suggests a try, I don't speak much Japanese, but my girlfriend is Japanese.

One questions, does anyone know how strict they are with Tattoos, I seen on a few websites that they don't allow tattoos.

Reactions: jackoffinthebox
Just recently heard Bar Eden got raided.
How often this kind of establishment got raid or is there any indicator? for example : lack of private room etc?
So bars do get raided, but it is usually related to some incident that happened.
After talking to many regulars and owners they have educated me a lot on how it all works. Basically it's a gray zone business. Public nudity is illegal but police kind of look the other way as long as bars operate in a safe and regulated manner. For example, the biggest bar in Shibuya was raided because the bar refused to follow COVID business regulations.
Often it is the case that there is a problem at a bar such as harassment, noise pollution, or date rape and the police are notified. Good owners keep a close relationship with people who know the police status and will try to deal with issues before a raid is done. But even the most connected bars can still be raided. That's why many bars have a double door system, so if the police come there is more time for customers to dress. If people are clothed when the police see them, there is no crime. I have heard why the bars recently were raided, but as it's only heresy so I won't repeat it. But basically the same reasons as always.

I do hope we get more reviews on Millefeuille as it seems very promising and a potential successor to Bliss Out. However, I noticed hardly anyone posts on their BBS. Hope it doesn't reflect the actual number of customers that visit the shop each day.

I do hope we get more reviews on Millefeuille as it seems very promising and a potential successor to Bliss Out. However, I noticed hardly anyone posts on their BBS. Hope it doesn't reflect the actual number of customers that visit the shop each day.
I went there during daytime on weekday once with a lady who can only meet during that time. Nobody was there other than us and the owner.

I personally didn't like the place. It is like a friend's apartment. Very amateurish, untidy, dark curtains, small play rooms. The room felt like those in fashion health place, small tiny bed and narrow.

I felt bad bringing my lady there since it was the first time for her to go to a happening bar.

The owner seems nice but I don't think we can get along.

I would much prefer Retreat as it seems to be more well runs as a proper bar.

Having said that I might give it a try again during an event just to see how the crowd is like

I went there during daytime on weekday once with a lady who can only meet during that time. Nobody was there other than us and the owner.

I personally didn't like the place. It is like a friend's apartment. Very amateurish, untidy, dark curtains, small play rooms. The room felt like those in fashion health place, small tiny bed and narrow.

I felt bad bringing my lady there since it was the first time for her to go to a happening bar.

Having said that I might give it a try again during an event just to see how the crowd is like
This is a good take. Some people like the relaxed feel, others want the more upscale. Retreat, arabesque, harness, scarlett are all good fancy bars. 440 and millefeuille are more friend's house feel.

Reactions: Tabanico
Breaking News

9259 was raided last night.

On the evening of 28 October, around 21:00, the police entered the venue. Unfortunately, a male individual was found engaging in indecent exposure. He seemed naked and jerking off in the floor. Both he and the staffs present were taken into custody by the police.

It is important to note that there is a risk of crimes involving indecent exposure, even though those venues have membership systems in place.

Metropolitan Police Department has recently increased their efforts in conducting these raids.
Would all members present also be arrested in that case, regardless of whether they were doing something illegal or not?

Reactions: Alice
Would all members present also be arrested in that case, regardless of whether they were doing something illegal or not?
So in the case of 9259 there was just one guy who was jerking off when the police came in. Seriously the saddest way to get caught lol. Everyone else goes home. The owner has some problems, the one dude gets arrested but it's not like a jail problem.

Reactions: ThaWeeknd
No wonder why when I tried to go to their Halloween event at 9259 on the 2nd if Nov , they were closed

I'm so sad that 9259 was closed because it was such a fun bar where there isn't an atmosphere of only regulars . Colors and lots of other bar have a lot of regular and sometimes its very difficult to join their conversations as a single guy

I usually now only go to happening bar with a lady but going as a single guy was so much fun

• Sad

Thank you for your update, I’ve been interested in this place and might venture there on an event night.

Bliss out was always a great time, especially with the foreigner-friendly vibe that I always felt.

Thank you for your update, I’ve been interested in this place and might venture there on an event night.

Bliss out was always a great time, especially with the foreigner-friendly vibe that I always felt.
If you have japanese ability I can also suggest papillon in ueno and bar 440. They have that same "friends house" vibe, but you have to speak basic enough japanese to understand the rules and such. I'll be going to papillon this weekend or the next and will give a bigger update

If you have japanese ability I can also suggest papillon in ueno and bar 440. They have that same "friends house" vibe, but you have to speak basic enough japanese to understand the rules and such. I'll be going to papillon this weekend or the next and will give a bigger update
I’ve been to 440 and enjoy the vibe, even though it is quite small compared to some others that I’ve been to.

I was at colors on Halloween weekend and had a lot of fun. I went to the opening event of color’s sister bar “white out” and thought that the regulars would shift there but I haven’t heard much talk about the place since.

I’ve been to 440 and enjoy the vibe, even though it is quite small compared to some others that I’ve been to.

I was at colors on Halloween weekend and had a lot of fun. I went to the opening event of color’s sister bar “white out” and thought that the regulars would shift there but I haven’t heard much talk about the place since.
Yea off-white had a cool looking concept, but it closed awhile back. Probably they couldn't get enough people to go. I haven't tried colors yet since they have a no tattoo policy on their website, however I did have someone tell me it isn't super strict as long as it's not super huge and obvious.

Reactions: Gina
What's the most friendly places for people with tattoos
Any place that doesn't mention it in the rules section XD.
My partner has her upper back fully tatted so if they allow her it's usually ok for most. We were fine at most places. Millefeuille has a tattoo event for those who have a fetish for tattooed people so I would say there is friendly. Scarlett didn't care about tattoos and I've seen a few people with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.