Bitcoin / Bitcoin cash

seems BTC is going mainstream in Japan ... this is posted at the local Kojima x BIC Camera

IMG_20170908_063627.jpg

Trolling? Or you really didn't read what we posted before?
I did but I just didn't understand anything , to be honest . HODL, Wirex, Bitflyer... its Greek to me . So yes you're right I should study more. But my question was not trolling ... more seriously , for me a currency exchange booth in Kabukicho is the place where (I assume) only physical stuff can be exchanged. Coins, banknotes, heck maybe a beer coupon but at least something you can touch. So how does it work with BTCs in this kind of place?

It's electronic. You have a BTC Wallet on your phone and you'll have a balance of BTC in your wallet. The easiest payment method is to scan a QR code from the shop and the BTC is deducted from your electronic wallet.

It's electronic. You have a BTC Wallet on your phone and you'll have a balance of BTC in your wallet. The easiest payment method is to scan a QR code from the shop and the BTC is deducted from your electronic wallet.

Ok thanks , now I get it (y)

Reactions: TAG Manager
I've started investing recently, gold and gold mining industry mostly. I've made about $100 since starting in March. Once some of my other ventures take off I can start diversifying and investing more into gold. I just can't bring myself to invest in something as unstable as Bitcoin though.

BTC dropped on the news that China is apparently banning bitcoin exchanges / coin IPOs. Apparently there is a ton of misinformation though, waiting to hear the final word from the Chinese government.

BTC dropped on the news that China is apparently banning bitcoin exchanges / coin IPOs. Apparently there is a ton of misinformation though, waiting to hear the final word from the Chinese government.
Saw this too, but haven't had time to really dig into it.

Its a temporary dip those korean investors really have cold feet since they got so late in the game

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/bi...hedding-nearly-20-billion-in-value-2017-09-13

Mixed variety of factors that have led to its temporary demise. I think it's the whole "fuck banking institutions" notion of it all that have led to people dragging Bitcoin and its reputation. Not sure if this is a sign of a bubble burst or just a temporary dip that comes about when people start taking a bearish stance towards it when certain aspects of it get hyped up.

Unsurprising given how strict China tries to regulate everything in the country. Their main currency is controlled by the govt too, while Bitcoin just doesn't work that way, so that's why they would ban it.

There's already a huge black market for many things existing in China even with all the control that the government exerts, imagine how much more the situation can be exacerbated when you throw in a cryptocurrency.

There is a host club in kabuki cho that has a sign outside that says they accept bitcoin, lol! So if you cant spend it anywhere else this is always an option (this place is kind of known to have not so hot guys though, haha)

I attended a Bitcoin event at the Pink Cow in Roppongi last week. I learned that they were the first place in Tokyo to accept and have BitCoin ATM, the ATM has since disappeared, but some interesting people at the event. One dude claims he is "killing it" doing crypto arbitrage... I tried to get him to quantify killing it but he wouldn't
I also asked what economic indicators he was watching and he advised non... He is using algorithm to control the trading
. He said why would I act on something that is uncertain ????? I had to walk away... IMO, cryptocurrency is here to stay. People are fed up with traditional banking institution where fees continue to rise and services decline, imagine u can do banking on your own terms at much lower fees. Off line digital walleican not be hacked... And u can keep that wallet unknown to others, say in divorce... There is no paper trail.
With more organizations accepting cryptocurrency it's just a matter of which ones stay and fall, BitCoin is the daddy, rest are just kids. Think if BitCoin can get 0.0001% of global transactions... That could be 1000% return... People are watching what SEC determins in 6months...

I have some Bitcoin that I got a few years ago, and Bitcoin Cash too as a result. Looking at the prices today I don't regret it.

I've noticed most of the providers here either don't use it or haven't heard of it. And TBH the whole topic is kind of a date-killer so I don't bring it up much. All I can say is, if some of them had listened more to me they'd be a lot richer now, ha ha. Them and pretty much everyone else I know.

Couple of warnings though: Japanese exchanges in 2017 are becoming like the US ones, asking all sorts of intrusive questions about your work and financial affairs, and shutting down accounts that don't comply. If you want to stay private you'll need more off-exchange trading options from now on. Second, the Bitcoin fan community is close-knit in Tokyo. Be careful you don't doxx yourself here by revealing where you go or who you know ;)

Currently killing it in BTC/ETH right now, amazing stuff. I think Ethereum/Bitcoin Cash honestly has longer staying power than BTC, but BTC will always be the "main" cryptocurrency. Anyone else dabble into any of the ICOs?

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Currently killing it in BTC/ETH right now, amazing stuff. I think Ethereum/Bitcoin Cash honestly has longer staying power than BTC, but BTC will always be the "main" cryptocurrency. Anyone else dabble into any of the ICOs?
No... I'm just holding on to the BTC I've been getting.

Today is getting ridiculous, we're above 1m yen/BTC right now.

initial coin offerings are kinda scammy and some countries are strictly controlling these offerings (like the temp ban from China). some countries it's are a big gray area until the government starts to ask for it's share of the money.

HODL (in my own wallet)

Yeah I would say most ICOs are bullshit, the only one that caught my eye was a rendering software coin which was interesting. Bought some Golem as well.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland