Bitcoin / Bitcoin cash

Lol. 7 years ago I was laughing at someone for suggesting I use my expensive new computer for bitcoin mining...

I have an old HDD somewhere with a few bitcoins (between .5-3), its in one of my storage lockers but I haven't found it yet...feels bad.

Reactions: jhingy567
I'm hoping I don't find it till Bitcoin is worth $100k HAHA
Apologies for the possibly dumb question that I’m about to ask, but I had to start paying for Backpage ads in Singapore with Bitcoin and created a Paxful wallet for it. There’s a very small amount still left on that wallet, and I’d like to know if it’ll ever increase/decrease in value. I’m very new to Bitcoin, so again, I’m really sorry if this is a dumb question. I just want to know if I got myself into something beneficial or risky, or maybe if things change depending on the type of wallet..? I didn’t have much time to think about it when I started using Bitcoin..

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
There’s a very small amount still left on that wallet, and I’d like to know if it’ll ever increase/decrease in value. I’m very new to Bitcoin, so again, I’m really sorry if this is a dumb question. I just want to know if I got myself into something beneficial or risky, or maybe if things change depending on the type of wallet..? I didn’t have much time to think about it when I started using Bitcoin..

The value of your bitcoin is only relative to the exchange where you want to get real cash from. If the bitcoin value goes up, your actual bitcoin doesn't change but the value you can get when selling goes up.

You have to check exchanges to see what the current rates are. Take your BTC balance and plug it into a exchange tool and track what the value is.

For example:

btc_jpy.PNG

That's just a simple google quote; but if you check it day by day, you'll see the value go up and down.

0.1000 BTC = 108,022.58 Yen as of now.

Your BTC rates for buying and selling will differ of course, but you can track the actual cash value of your BTC pretty easily.

The value of your bitcoin is only relative to the exchange where you want to get real cash from. If the bitcoin value goes up, your actual bitcoin doesn't change but the value you can get when selling goes up.

You have to check exchanges to see what the current rates are. Take your BTC balance and plug it into a exchange tool and track what the value is.

For example:

View attachment 6053
That's just a simple google quote; but if you check it day by day, you'll see the value go up and down.

Your BTC rates for buying and selling will differ of course, but you can track the actual cash value of your BTC pretty easily.
Ohhh.. I see. Thank you so much for explaining it!

Reactions: TAG Manager
Afaik, it's just like holding any other currency. Their relative values will ofcourse go up and down. (if I could predict this, I'd be rich). And the wallet you use won't have any impact on this.
Risky? - for amounts on the same order of magnitude as the cost of a backpage ad, I wouldn't worry about it.

Their relative values will ofcourse go up and down. (if I could predict this, I'd be rich).

Well, predicting it is very easy. Getting the prediction right is the difficult part. :p

One currency trader in one of the big places in Tokyo told me once semi-seriously "everyone in my group who gets it 50% correct is called a guru" when I asked if the yen is going to go down or up in the next few months.

For example:

View attachment 6053

I am no statistician but seeing that graph and considering it's not a real bond but basically commodity makes me very uncomfortable. Sure it may stay for a couple more months or years, but it's not going to last.

I am no statistician but seeing that graph and considering it's not a real bond but basically commodity makes me very uncomfortable. Sure it may stay for a couple more months or years, but it's not going to last.
Yeah, i wonder if its already past its prime and too late to get into now?

Reactions: BB0523
It's kinda sad that people only ever think about the price. Bitcoin was meant to be open, un-censorable money that you could use to buy things like... backpage ads. Things you can't use cash or a credit card for. But now no-one uses it for much, which makes it look more scammy than it should.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
It's kinda sad that people only ever think about the price. Bitcoin was meant to be open, un-censorable money that you could use to buy things like... backpage ads. Things you can't use cash or a credit card for. But now no-one uses it for much, which makes it look more scammy than it should.
TAG uses it to receive payments and we are just stocking the BTC for now. More places around Tokyo accept BTC as payment.

Reactions: marcfive
TAG uses it to receive payments and we are just stocking the BTC for now. More places around Tokyo accept BTC as payment.
I saw a host club that advertises accepting bit coin (sign outside their club).
Too bad its a club thats famous for not having cute guys and that i dont have any bitcoin or i might try going and paying by that just for the sake of it, lol.

Too bad its a club thats famous for not having cute guys and that i dont have any bitcoin or i might try going and paying by that just for the sake of it, lol.

I think more clubs should use this. Then everyone would just go "oh honey, I didn't really want to go to that hostess/host club, I just went to see how the Bitcoin payment works in real life".

Reactions: jhingy567
So how can you do that ? You print BTCs in 3D or something ?
But the Bitcoin was invented by a Japanese bro...all you need is your smartphone and a virtual adress for BTC transferts.

But the Bitcoin was invented by a Japanese bro...all you need is your smartphone and a virtual adress for BTC transferts.
Yeah I was just kidding but it wasnt obvious apparently. It was invented by a guy (or guys) with a fake Japanese name , from what I heard, not really Japanese

I invest in stocks mostly and I've heard Bitcoin so much. I guess I need to read up on it some more, but I wonder if it's worth it now. I'd hate to buy in and it takes a plunge putting me in the hole. (n)

My stock account shows GBTC at $1470.01 USD. Up $141 for the day. Seems to be climbing pretty good.

Is Bitcoin cheaper to purchase or will buying the stock amount to the same?

I thought you needed to buy one full bitcoin. You don't. You can buy in any amount you want like .3% etc. If I knew that I would have bought more earlier.
I did have the same idea at first, but I took a deeper dive before I started getting into it. I started around the $3,800 USD mark, it's turned out quite well so far.
Ofc, wish I had put a little more into at that time... but certainly not complaining. Now, to watch and see what happens and be ready to pull some out if it does drop.

Hello fellow TAG user I want to start investing into Bitcoin, anyone here that can give me good advise on what needs to be done like any good app to use in able to buy (or sell) Bitcoin ? I tried Wirex but seems like their service was temporarily suspended. I am particularly interested in buying ethereum and BTC and hope that my hard earned money will earn after 1 or 2 years .I plan to invest for this Ethereum/BTC crypto currency for at least 1 year and hope the rate will skyrocketed by that time. Appreciate your reply in advance . Thank you