Guest viewing is limited

Daily WHO Reports for the Coronavirus Outbreak (Link)

I've got my fingers crossed that it gets cancelled!!!

Same here. In fall, when the infections are over and the government, airlines, hotels and businesses are desperate to recoup the billions of dollars they pissed away preparing for the Olympics, traveling to Japan will be cheaper than vacationing in fucking Haiti. RT airfare is already down to $500 from my current location, and the room prices on Booking.com are falling so fast I'm having to cancel and re-book my rooms twice a week. I've probably saved almost a grand on this upcoming vacation just in room fees, and the dollar is still up on the yen.

What to buy, what to buy? Maybe I'll head over to Nakano to pick up one of those new Seamaster divers, maybe in blue, so it matches the blue table in the table shower in Tonbo and I can watch the clock in style while my favorite Korean lady sticks her akasuri gloves up my asscrack and happily bullshits me about how hot I am.

Reactions: Frenchy
Most Japanese around me have trouble getting masks too, so they don't wear them. Even during my commute mask wearing people are still a minority (but that's only because those are sold out everywhere).
There are a lot of measures to lower the risk of spreading the virus like closing the Tokyo marathon for the public, canceling j League games, locking out the public from baseball preseason etc. . So the good obedient citizens that Japanese are, of course they try to emulate that, which leads to situations like at your school.

Outside of the diamond princess the infections are still relatively low, which is a bit surprising considering some of the cases. So either that should worry us that the numbers are very inaccurate or the authorities are very good at tracking down contacts quickly. The biggest hotspot still seems to be Hokkaido, where it spread through the snow festival.

As for your original question, it doesn't affect my P4P, albeit I'm not super active atm, but should that lead to beneficial offers, I might be ready to support the economy;) At the moment I don't notice such trends, but I'm also not actively searching.

The reported infections are really low but how many people have it that haven't gone to the Hospital. Hospitals are warning folks to not come in unless its very serious.

Reactions: Juliet
The mask thing is pretty infuriating. I got lots of dirty looks and snide comments from my classmates for being the only one not wearing one, even though they are sold out everywhere. My teachers said I can’t come to school unless I am wearing a mask.
I hope you’re not unfortunate enough to be enrolled in a masters program in Japan. If so, do expect a lot of passive aggression from other students or being discriminated by the professors who were solely interested in raking in more financial support. Masks will be just an excuse..

Yesterday was the first time I estimated around half of the people in the train were using masks. Today it was more like 80 percent. So much that I started to feel weird for not wearing one. Fortunately then two good looking girls without masks came to the same train car so I had something else to think about.

I got in an elevator with a guy who was wearing a mask today.

Only thing is, he was wearing it around his chin, not over his mouth, and he was coughing all over the place without making ANY attempt to cover his mouth.

Totally rancid.

I hope you’re not unfortunate enough to be enrolled in a masters program in Japan. If so, do expect a lot of passive aggression from other students or being discriminated by the professors who were solely interested in raking in more financial support. Masks will be just an excuse..
How are the professors getting more financial support? Do they own stock in mask companies?

Reactions: bergmann
Same here. In fall, when the infections are over and the government, airlines, hotels and businesses are desperate to recoup the billions of dollars they pissed away preparing for the Olympics, traveling to Japan will be cheaper than vacationing in fucking Haiti. RT airfare is already down to $500 from my current location, and the room prices on Booking.com are falling so fast I'm having to cancel and re-book my rooms twice a week. I've probably saved almost a grand on this upcoming vacation just in room fees, and the dollar is still up on the yen.

What to buy, what to buy? Maybe I'll head over to Nakano to pick up one of those new Seamaster divers, maybe in blue, so it matches the blue table in the table shower in Tonbo and I can watch the clock in style while my favorite Korean lady sticks her akasuri gloves up my asscrack and happily bullshits me about how hot I am.
If she has her hand up your ass and she says you are hot, I think you should get yourself tested for Corona....Or maybe she has a rectal thermometer handy she can use for a more accurate reading. And please dont get an Omega Diver. Diver = Rolex, preferably Sub date. Omega = Vintage Speedy, preferably Mitsukoshi Panda

Last edited:
Reactions: Keihan Chikan
Currently my class is almost entirely Chinese except for me, so they are WAY more worried than Japanese people. They are legitimately acting like this is the next black plague. Freaking out about it every single day. I'm not sure if they're getting different information about it because they're Chinese. Around 3 people have actually quit coming to school permanently.

Currently my class is almost entirely Chinese except for me, so they are WAY more worried than Japanese people. They are legitimately acting like this is the next black plague. Freaking out about it every single day. I'm not sure if they're getting different information about it because they're Chinese. Around 3 people have actually quit coming to school permanently.
I guess you should rethink your plan to bring in your pet civet for Show and Tell.....

Reactions: Sudsy and bergmann
Yesterday was the first time I estimated around half of the people in the train were using masks. Today it was more like 80 percent. So much that I started to feel weird for not wearing one. Fortunately then two good looking girls without masks came to the same train car so I had something else to think about.
Just looking around me now in Tokyo station, I would estimate 70% in total with 100% of cops, station workers and other workers wearing masks. I heard a rumor that @Frenchy is not wearing a mask but he is wearing a butt plug at all times to fend off possible anal intrusion of COVID-19.

Reading all this stuff and now I'm getting a sore throat. Thanks

Reactions: Rusty Trombone
Maybe it's been working well since the dawn of civilization, with preservatives like salt, nitrites, nitrates, phosphates vinegars, etc. But it seemed those things flew out the window. Maybe a closer look at peeling the skin of live animals near dead meats just to get "warm meat" because it's considered more tasty should be banned. Or instead of plastics being the culprit, might it also be these reasons possibly? We are talking viruses here, bacterial infections are a different ballpark. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/science-environment-51496830
Good point. They think bats might be one of the biggest carriers of viruses that cause problems for humans. They are the only mammal that can fly. They can fly because their body temp is a few degrees higher than other mammals. The brainiacs think this might create an environment where some dangerous viruses can survive but not effect the host so bats are major carriers of dangerous viruses. I say kill all the fucking bats.

If she has her hand up your ass and she says you are hot, I think you should get yourself tested for Corona....Or maybe she has a rectal thermometer handy she can use for a more accurate reading. And please dont get an Omega Diver. Diver = Rolex, preferably Sub date. Omega = Vintage Speedy, preferably Mitsukoshi Panda

I actually was considering a Sub Date to celebrate a possible promotion this year, but there are two problems: One, Rolex has seen fit to raise the price of a basic Sub Date to just under $9k, and then even if you're willing to shell out that amount for what should be a $6k watch, you simply can't get one stateside. Even if you're a known, loyal, longtime customer at an A.D. the waiting time is upwards of a year for basically any popular model. And at the same time, I can walk into any Omega boutique and walk out the door an hour later with pretty much any model I want.

The Submariner will always be the iconic true diver and I suppose I'll always want one but the marketing strategy and games Rolex is playing are seriously putting me off. The Speedmaster is an icon but I never cared for it. The new Seamaster is fucking amazing with the Bond wave patterns and caseback, but it's also up to 42mm which is too large for my tastes. If I can't find an older gen SMP with the ceramic bezel at 41mm over in Nakano I might just buy myself a Tag Aquaracer or Oris Aquis to keep myself entertained while I wait for this outbreak to finish.

I actually was considering a Sub Date to celebrate a possible promotion this year, but there are two problems: One, Rolex has seen fit to raise the price of a basic Sub Date to just under $9k, and then even if you're willing to shell out that amount for what should be a $6k watch, you simply can't get one stateside. Even if you're a known, loyal, longtime customer at an A.D. the waiting time is upwards of a year for basically any popular model. And at the same time, I can walk into any Omega boutique and walk out the door an hour later with pretty much any model I want.

The Submariner will always be the iconic true diver and I suppose I'll always want one but the marketing strategy and games Rolex is playing are seriously putting me off. The Speedmaster is an icon but I never cared for it. The new Seamaster is fucking amazing with the Bond wave patterns and caseback, but it's also up to 42mm which is too large for my tastes. If I can't find an older gen SMP with the ceramic bezel at 41mm over in Nakano I might just buy myself a Tag Aquaracer or Oris Aquis to keep myself entertained while I wait for this outbreak to finish.
People still wear watches?

Reactions: MikeH

I have no idea what you are talking about, but look where you are and the go with the TAG one. Make your statement:D

The reported infections are really low but how many people have it that haven't gone to the Hospital. Hospitals are warning folks to not come in unless its very serious.

Dilemma: treat your "cold" symptoms at home, or turn yourself into the authorities and spend two weeks in an abandoned government facility on a remote island previously used to house leprosy patients.

I wonder what the model looks like if they just said "fuck it" and let the virus rip through the Japanese archipelago..... that may have been the best way to go.

We are only weeks away from Trump claiming...... "I told you so. Those CDC nerds wouldn't listen. I knew this virus didn't have the legs to cut it in spring time."

Two weeks of nationwide school closure, and then two more weeks of spring vacation.

Ostensibly a good call, given that schools are generally a massive flu and cold incubator.

Monitoring prices for my upcoming trip, I’m noticing more and more price drops for airfare and hotel. Especially during peak cherry blossom season, the prices I’m seeing are so much nicer than I’m used to.

Being healthy and not of geriatric age, and having a mask supply, my main worry is whether or not p4p shops will let me in or not. Perhaps this trip I’ll need to delve into deli for the first time.
Rolex has seen fit to raise the price of a basic Sub Date to just under $9k, and then even if you're willing to shell out that amount for what should be a $6k watch, you simply can't get one stateside. Even if you're a known, loyal, longtime customer at an A.D. the waiting time is upwards of a year for basically any popular model.
Seriously? Damn. I’ve been out of the watch scene for a while. The new generation of larger Rolex divers are all just too oversized for me now though. Second hand is the only way to go for me now since I prefer the older sizing on my small Asian wrists.

I wonder if the decrease in tourists will affect the Japan local second hand luxury goods prices.

Two weeks of nationwide school closure, and then two more weeks of spring vacation.

Ostensibly a good call, given that schools are generally a massive flu and cold incubator.

also, kids don’t learn much of any value in them...

Get the cleanest older sub date you can find for 6k at a big reputable shop in Tokyo. They don’t break. No need to worry about used if you buy from a good shop. I’ve had mine for 30 years. Three times regular service. Never a problem. Paid 3k new in Hong Kong way back in they day. Probably sell to a shop tomorrow for 3k and they would sell it to you for 5k the next day. Omegas are for pussies who don’t have the balls to buy Rolex.

Get the cleanest older sub date you can find for 6k at a big reputable shop in Tokyo. They don’t break. No need to worry about used if you buy from a good shop. I’ve had mine for 30 years. Three times regular service. Never a problem. Paid 3k new in Hong Kong way back in they day. Probably sell to a shop tomorrow for 3k and they would sell it to you for 5k the next day. Omegas are for pussies who don’t have the balls to buy Rolex.
I have the balls and more importantly the $$$ to buy Rolex. I still think they are ugly and useless as fuck. So I don’t buy them. I waste my dough on less materialistic stuff :)

Reactions: just4fun
I wonder using a LH can be any risk, as it's used by multiple people, some people don't wash hands, don't know how much LH are alert for coronavirus. Although I see aircleaner machine at most of LHs.

I think high class hotels are more cleaner, but should we better consider incalls, impliment aircleaner that kills bacteria?

What do you think?

One of the reasons why the Japanese government is recommending closing down schools and things is that they are projecting the epidemic is reaching its peak in one or two weeks.
https://www.mhlw.go.jp/content/10200000/000599358.pdf

They are trying to minimize the number of death among the vulnerable group (i.e. elderly) in this period.

Recently, the Japanese Society for Infection Prevention and Control (an association of infectious disease experts in Japan) issued a guideline (in Japanese)
http://www.kankyokansen.org/uploads/uploads/files/jsipc/covid19_mizugiwa_200221.pdf

It says in the first page under "1. The clinical features of this infectious disease became more evident" .

"Most people infected with the new coronavirus are likely to be asymptomatic. A certain proportion of the infected persons would show fever and respiratory symptoms (throat pain,
cough) and other infectious symptoms after the incubation period (1 to 12.5 days). Fever, excessive fatigue, and respiratory symptoms persist for about a week. If it is a cold or flu, the symptoms usually peak within 3-4 days then subside afterwards. It takes more days for the symptoms of the new coronavirus to start subsiding. If the symptoms persist more than 4 days, deteriorate with fever, cough and shortness of breath, the infection may have lead to complications with pneumonia. In such a case, you need to consult with your local consultation center."

and in the second page under "2. If symptoms seem to resolve within a week, rest at home."

"In the case of newly emerging infections, often only severe cases are triaged and monitored. There usually are many times more infected people who are asymptomatic or mildly infected. It's the same for new coronavirus infections. It is likely that there are many mild symptoms cases which resolve within one week. There is no need for treatment in such cases, and rather it is important for you to stay at home, being careful not to infect people around you in the house - use a mask when interacting with family members and wash and disinfect your hands frequently."

No need to panic if you are young and healthy.