Guest viewing is limited

Don't Be That Guy in Japan

roots reggae

Officially Unverified
Reaction score
Just have read the headlines about this so never seen any videos of the guy in question and don't plan either. With one exception; if someone gets too pissed about him and kicks his ass I'll watch that.

Just have read the headlines about this so never seen any videos of the guy in question and don't plan either. With one exception; if someone gets too pissed about him and kicks his ass I'll watch that.

I'm not normally a violent sort, but in this case.... I'll volunteer.

I know that a female youtuber did a video saying that not all Americans are like this, however, the damage is done. It is really aggravating and pisses me off. I know when I went to the range at the Base there I told my guys about this forest before we went up, at first they wanted to go, but when I went into why you shouldn't as it is disrespectful and the supposed hauntings around that area NONE of them wanted to even be near the forest. Hell, the route we took to climb Fuji was going through the forest, NEVER in my life have I seen grown ass people scared and wanting to not go through this area.

I even thought about becoming fluent in Japanese just so I can go through the forest and just sit and talk or prevent a suicide from happening. Words can not describe how upsetting it was to watch the video he did in the forest and his nonchalant, joking attitude and disrespect towards the individual. Then I saw his other videos he did while in Japan and it just made me angry.

Yeah, I know you hear all the time that not all Americans are like this, however, when this shit keeps constantly happening over and over again, when do you say enough is FUCKING enough!

A Facebook friend just re-posted this video.

If you are not familiar with the topic, go here:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/logan-paul-japan-offensive-vlogs_us_5a4fdb72e4b01e1a4b14fbc9

In light of recent posts alleging encounters with racism and micro-aggression, it's interesting to hear the perspective of an educated, caring, and reasonable person from the "other" side.

Thoughts?

This is too weird... i was considering making a thread called "if your favorite gaijin tolerating shop suddenly rejects foreigners, this is probably why:"
And then post about Logan Paul and make a joke that he probably tried to get into a japanese sex service and threw some pokeball at the tencho or some shit and got foreigners banned.

This is too weird... i was considering making a thread called "if your favorite gaijin tolerating shop suddenly rejects foreigners, this is probably why:"
And then post about Logan Paul and make a joke that he probably tried to get into a japanese sex service and threw some pokeball at the tencho or some shit and got foreigners banned.

The sad part is that his group did not even notice their translator apologizing for their actions and even looking disgusted that he is associated with them.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
This is the guy who likes making money out of the misfortune of others.

I saw some parts of the offending Logan Paul video and cringed. He was trying to act all serious/shocked seeing a suicide but soon after, having some giggles about it (seriously why didn't he just edit this out)

Also when the authorities came, and someone told him he wasn't meant to go off the path, his response was something like "yo too late for that bro", in a loud American voice, and repeated :rolleyes:

he has a punchable face.

I’ve seen a couple of reaction videos to this. Never really gave too much thought into Logan Paul. His videos are boring.
But seriously.... why continue filming and jokinga round when you find someone dead in the forest? Like... what must be wrong with you, to giggle and make fun of someone not alive anymore.
He did an apology video afterwards but that doesn’t help with the damage. It’s not just no respect for japan as a country but for people in general (especially those who are having difficulties with suicide)

What upsets me the most is that the majority of his subscribers are little kids.. and he’s such a huge idol for them that they keep defending him and telling him to come back because he hasn’t uploaded anything since his apology video.. :notworthy:

What upsets me the most is that the majority of his subscribers are little kids.. and he’s such a huge idol for them that they keep defending him and telling him to come back because he hasn’t uploaded anything since his apology video.. :notworthy:

That doesn't surprise me. He acts like a kid himself. Most people grow over that but appearantly he didn't.

I would too Mike! This Logan guy should
be thrown into jail! If you can’t respect people’s culture & try to make funny games about it, maybe he needs a reality check and let the Japanese handle him in jail!

I got into an online pissing match with a bunch of stupid americans (I carry a US passport) and it was insane how they supported this piece of shit punk. I was called a snowflake for insisting he was disrespectful, immature and crass. WTF.
I finally called them out as passport-less morons. god I hate the idea of having to go back there. Japan has plenty of problems but that place is a fucking mess.

What's truly disturbing is that these "little kids" grow up, find mates like them, and produce offspring.

And some of them find their way to Japan...

and TAG

But seriously.... why continue filming and jokinga round when you find someone dead in the forest?
That's honestly the million dollar question here, or more like "why post the video"?

I'm assuming it was never their real intention to find a body, so why continue filming when it actually happened? And I guess one can argue that something so "momentous" is something that many would want to document for their own records and that their reaction to such a discovery was in fact genuine, but what rational person would think posting such a video would be in good taste?? And the reason of raising awareness of suicide is a major cop out since there are many ways he could have done so without showing the clip; he could've easily made a "reaction video" where he simply discussed what he experienced.

But it's pretty hard to be sympathetic or give him the benefit of the doubt when he's generally a jackass in his videos (apparently, I've never heard of him until this incident). Yuta mentions how his actions are unacceptable in Japan and probably many other countries, but I'd like to see a list of places where it would be acceptable. I'm assuming he's already gotten away with many of his jackassery while in America or other countries he's visited, but I'd doubt anyone would consider it "acceptable".

Last edited:
Lesson here is learn Japanese and don't be that guy. At least he will never bother learning Japanese (I hope!).

I understand your point-well made and well taken.

However, I have been here since 1999 and my Japanese is baby Japanese-den den for train, waa, waa (nyan nyan), for cat, like that. I can speak a bit of French, Spanish, and German, but Japanese, sadly not much.

What I lack in spoken language, I try to compensate with body language. It seems to work. I get along just fine wherever I go.

Edit: Alice- Thank you for your correction, of course you are right. Like I said, Baby Japanese

Last edited:
How that so? Cat would be neko and the sound they make is "nyan"
Waa waa would be closer to dog, no?

In my mixed-up world, they are combined.

upload_2018-1-7_16-26-13.jpeg

I’d seriously like immigration to look into his visa status, and whilst I imagine he’s back in the “Good old U.S. of A.” (as I imagine not even he’s stupid enough to still be in Japan after the shit he pulled), they could at least ban him from re-entry.

My guess is, he came here on a tourist visa. As he makes money, therefore a living, off of the crap he posts on YouTube, then surely he was working while in Japan (recording video). As you are not allowed to work on a tourist visa, then that should give them grounds for refusing any future entry.

My fear is kids nowadays adore these YouTube celebrities, when in reality there is nothing of any intelligence in any of their videos (apart from the luck of getting recognized, and then “doing anything for clicks”). They will be forced into watching this crap “to stay relevant” and parents monitoring their online activities will always be one step behind. I’m sure there has always been idiots like this in the world, but they have been given so much power and influence over the mailable minds of our youth in this online generation that their reach is now almost limitless.

If we can ban the PUA that promote assaulting women, then this guy seems like another easy decision.

The forest was bad enough, but the other videos of him acting like a twat dressed as Pikachu, and his total lack of respect at the shrine just make me want to punch him in the face and shove the video camera up his ass.

A Facebook friend just re-posted this video.

If you are not familiar with the topic, go here:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/logan-paul-japan-offensive-vlogs_us_5a4fdb72e4b01e1a4b14fbc9

In light of recent posts alleging encounters with racism and micro-aggression, it's interesting to hear the perspective of an educated, caring, and reasonable person from the "other" side.

Thoughts?

Don't compare me to that fucking piece of shit Logan Paul. I'm not running around filming dead bodies and laughing about it.