Guest viewing is limited

Japan Opening Up? From April 8, 2022 | Now October 11, 2022 - Normal Tourism.

Two words: Black Nikka
Still cheap and does the job

I remember my first week or so in Japan when I finally found a conbini that sold alcohol and came across "Black Nikka" whiskey and thinking..."OK, THESE IDIOTS FINALLY TOOK THIS OBSESSION WITH HIP-HOP A LITTLE TOO FAR."

You can probably take a wild guess what my decidedly NOT-progressive American friends started calling this whiskey when they came to visit me in Japan later that year.

A couple of the British/Irish teachers at my first NOVA figured out that BN was sold in those massive gallon-ish jugs that still fit in their backpacks. That was the last time a few of the NOVA Japanese staff girls ever came out with us after work.

Reactions: AsiaHand
Japan's government is arranging to double the cap on arrivals from overseas to 20,000 people per day in June, government sources said Wednesday.

Additionally, the government is considering accepting tourists by trialing small-scale tours as soon as this month, with an eye to expanding reception of foreign leisure travelers in stages.

https://japantoday.com/category/nat...o-allow-20-000-daily-foreign-arrivals-in-june

Japan's government is arranging to double the cap on arrivals from overseas to 20,000 people per day in June, government sources said Wednesday.

Additionally, the government is considering accepting tourists by trialing small-scale tours as soon as this month, with an eye to expanding reception of foreign leisure travelers in stages.

https://japantoday.com/category/nat...o-allow-20-000-daily-foreign-arrivals-in-june
This just turned a BAD day into a worse one.

i wonder how this cap works …
Do they give quotas to each airline?
And/ or quotas to each Japanese embassy to grant visas?

Based on the New Border measures, from 0:00 am (JST) on June 1, 2022, new entry of foreign nationals into Japan under the supervision of receiving residents is allowed, except for those for purposes which do not involve the provision of entertainment services to residents.
Eligible persons (who meet both of the following (1)and (2): (1) Foreign female nationals entering Japan for a short-term stay (less than 2 weeks) for purposes of entertaining Japan residents
(2) Foreign female nationals staying for the purpose of the abovementioned category (1) who have receiving residents for supervision located in Japan.
Required documents for the visa application (Currently, all foreign female nationals who wish to newly enter Japan need to apply.) : Validated and approved photo as submitted to and reviewed by external agency Tokyo Adult Guide, hereafter referenced as “TAG”; similarly validated skills and motivation to provide the herein described entertainment services
Receiving residents means such individuals which will receive the entrants for their entertainment purposes.

Visas will be issued at the discretion of TAG to a maximum of 3 simultaneous entrants per Japan domiciled member of TAG on record. Allocation of visas will be extended to female foreign nationals aged 18-39 across a range of cup sizes from D and above with photo and other approval and validation as herein referenced.

Based on the New Border measures, from 0:00 am (JST) on June 1, 2022, new entry of foreign nationals into Japan under the supervision of receiving residents is allowed, except for those for purposes which do not involve the provision of entertainment services to residents.
Eligible persons (who meet both of the following (1)and (2): (1) Foreign female nationals entering Japan for a short-term stay (less than 2 weeks) for purposes of entertaining Japan residents
(2) Foreign female nationals staying for the purpose of the abovementioned category (1) who have receiving residents for supervision located in Japan.
Required documents for the visa application (Currently, all foreign female nationals who wish to newly enter Japan need to apply.) : Validated and approved photo as submitted to and reviewed by external agency Tokyo Adult Guide, hereafter referenced as “TAG”; similarly validated skills and motivation to provide the herein described entertainment services
Receiving residents means such individuals which will receive the entrants for their entertainment purposes.

Visas will be issued at the discretion of TAG to a maximum of 3 simultaneous entrants per Japan domiciled member of TAG on record. Allocation of visas will be extended to female foreign nationals aged 18-39 across a range of cup sizes from D and above with photo and other approval and validation as herein referenced.

thanks, very clear

Reactions: CharlieSimms
Japan to open its borders to vaccinated Koreans with negative test on arrival ... no quarantine !
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2022/05/16/national/south-korea-quarantine-exemption/

So should we assume this will be the model for other international travelers? Proof of three shots and a test upon arrival? By the time they get around to finally allowing Americans/Brits/Canadians in, they may as well bump that requirement up to four shots, as more than sufficient time will have lapsed since most got their booster. Shit, I got my booster (third shot) last September--hence my showing up at the local Walgreens and talking my way into getting another "third shot" last month. All set to get my ladyboy on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frenchy
Japan to open its borders to vaccinated Koreans with negative test on arrival ... no quarantine !
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2022/05/16/national/south-korea-quarantine-exemption/

South Korea has just been de-listed from the "designated countries/regions", thus "fully vaccinated travellers arriving from non-designated countries/regions will have their quarantine period waived entirely." Only 6 countries (Bulgaria, Egypt, Laos, Pakistan, Russia, South Africa) are still listed as the "designated countries/regions". It's not much news, unfortunately.
https://www.mofa.go.jp/ca/fna/page4e_001053.html#section3

Last edited:
I don’t think this is any special news. With 3 vacs and 2 negative PCR, it’s only logical to waive quarantine. The point is still no tourists. With restricting to limited numbers of business travel, at least there is theoretically an entity responsible for keeping travelers following mask and hand sanitizer protocols etc while in-country. Once the floodgates are opened at the borders it’s indeed back to… :poop::poop::poop:

FAA9C887-10C3-4A7D-A6A3-14437F7F31B3.jpeg

Reactions: Cinnabums
I don’t think this is any special news.​

It is if you need to travel to South Korea and back.

Of course this only puts South Korea to the same position as other first world countries; still everyone needs a visa.

Reactions: SugoiBoy
I may have written this somewhere on TAG before (memory is not what it use to be), but I fail to see the correlation between a spike in case numbers in Japan following the Golden Week vacation, and opening the borders.
Pretty sure I read somewhere that the Japanese authorities were considering these factors in their determination as to when or how to open the borders.

My take is that even though there are 10s of thousands of domestic cases in Japan, the underlying feeling is that covid is still a foreign virus that threatens the purity of the Yamato race. Can't wait for the quasi-science to come out that states that the virus affects Japanese differently to other races on account of the uniqueness of the Nippon DNA!

That one's not accurate, but there is definitely something to being quieter and more soft spoken in general.

Can't wait for the quasi-science to come out that states that the virus affects Japanese differently to other races on account of the uniqueness of the Nippon DNA!

Pretty sure I already read that brand of bullshit science and it came from a notable university, IIRC. Some Japanese doctor claiming that the reason infection rates were (operative word, this was over a year ago) so low in Japan was because Japanese had superior immune systems stemming from their superior genes/diet/cleanliness/education/whatever and that's why white/black/brown people are dying off in droves but Japanese are just fine.

I mean, I'll go along with it.

Are you referring to that ‘Pen’ bullshit? Dreadfully awaiting for the news that cases spiked in Japan not just because they let in foreign tourists, but when they arrived and went to fill in their immigration and customs cards, there were many requests for ‘Pens’ at the point of entry.

Last edited:
Reactions: zerosupblues
Any excuse to close the boarders......hahaha

I was just reading in the Japanese press that in addition to increasing the number of people allowed entry starting from next month, the Japanese government has decided to relax the quarantine measures at airports, etc. They are going to be separating countries into three groups according to the rate of positive tests when entering the country sometime this summer. There should be an announcement on the 20th.

Persons entering from countries in Group 1 will not need to be tested or quarantine at home even if they have not received three vaccines. This group is expected to include the US, UK, and about 100 other countries.

Persons entering from countries in Group 2 will not need to be tested or quarantine at home if they have received three vaccines. This group may include Egypt, Vietnam, and about 90 other countries.

The last group with the highest rate of positive tests will continue to be tested and probably include a few countries. The Japanese government will continue to adjust these three groups based on changes in the data.

Last edited:
Reactions: Karbon