Guest viewing is limited

Japan Opening Up? From April 8, 2022 | Now October 11, 2022 - Normal Tourism.

I think the point is that there is massive domestic transmission in Japan, yet they still think it is an outside disease.
IMHO, People testing either on arrival, or pre departure pose a way less risk than standard community transmission within Japan, where health boards won’t even test close contacts (incl family members) unless they are symptomatic.
Closing the borders is a means of keeping the virus out. Once you have widespread community transmission is it pointless. Take NZ for example. Locked up like nun’s undies while they kept it out, yet opened quickly once they couldn’t contain it.

It's what you would expect from Japanese. This disease can't possibly be a Yamato disease and it's introduced and spread by foreigners. The majority of Japanese believe this, and so those in office who need those votes come election time have to placate them. It's just politics. And I don't blame them.

The interesting thing around here is that people have, by and large, just stopped giving a shit. I'm in no way, shape or form some MAGA retard anti-masker/vaxxer/restriction crusader, far from it, but so many vaccinated people have been infected over the past few months, had almost zero ill effects and are now recovered and operating under the CDC-sanctioned guidance that they can't be re-infected for at least three to four months, that things are getting back to normal. I went back to my gym to restart my membership last week after two years, and the manager told me much of the same--everyone's been infected, everyone recovered and they're all coming back to the gym now.

The "experts" around here are predicting we hit the peak in a couple of weeks. Realistically, there just aren't many people left to infect. But if you'll believe the science, me and my four shots plus omicron infection means outright super immunity for a bit so I'm going to enjoy myself.

Japan on Thursday eased its coronavirus travel warning for 36 countries and areas, including the United States, Britain, Canada and Hong Kong, meaning it will no longer ask citizens to avoid nonessential trips to the areas.

The Foreign Ministry lowered its travel advisories for those countries, which also include Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore and Malaysia, from Level 2 on its four-point scale to Level 1, which advises Japanese nationals traveling to those regions to “stay fully alert.”

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2022/05/27/national/travel-warning-covid/

Reactions: SugoiBoy
The Foreign Ministry lowered its travel advisories for those countries, which also include Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore and Malaysia, from Level 2 on its four-point scale to Level 1, which advises Japanese nationals traveling to those regions to “stay fully alert.”

I am pretty sure many Japanese guys traveling to those country are prepared to be fully erect.

You still need a negative PCR test to come back, which might discourage some. A friend of mine tested positive before returning from Thailand and had to spend two weeks in a quarantine hotel. His employer was not happy.

I am pretty sure many Japanese guys traveling to those country are prepared to be fully erect.

You still need a negative PCR test to come back, which might discourage some. A friend of mine tested positive before returning from Thailand and had to spend two weeks in a quarantine hotel. His employer was not happy.

You can take the test 72 hours before your flight back and after the negative test you can monger as much as you want. At least you get back to Japan, though I am not sure if staying in APA hotel is much better deal.

But as always remember to use condom all the time and you won't get covid.

You can take the test 72 hours before your flight back and after the negative test you can monger as much as you want. At least you get back to Japan, though I am not sure if staying in APA hotel is much better deal.

But as always remember to use condom all the time and you won't get covid.

I walk around with a King Size XXXXXXXXXXL condom on my face. So far, so good.

I guess I could just as well get into some more extreme sexual practice in that attire :D:D:D

Reactions: MikeH
I walk around with a King Size XXXXXXXXXXL condom on my face.

The only negative side I can see is you then need to carry two sizes of condoms with you, those for your head and bigger ones for your dick.

Reactions: Hughty
Covid-19 restrictions are ever-changing and it can be hard to keep track of new information on Japan’s border restrictions.

Interesting achievement to be able to write an article so that it's actually faster to get that information from the official government pages.

Reactions: Acid Burn
The only negative side I can see is you then need to carry two sizes of condoms with you, those for your head and bigger ones for your dick.

Now I get why people tend to call me dickhead!

Reactions: MikeH and AsiaHand
Hey, who doesn't want Thai girls to come in to Japan? One of my local places has suffered already two years with no new talent!
If that's all allowed then I have no complaints. It's all the "NOT Thai" Girls that's my beef.

Reactions: MikeH
If by work you mean "completely prevent infection", then no, they don't - but nobody ever said they did.

Requiring vaccines among foreign entrants isn't a measure against transmission - it's a measure against them taking up medical resources that are still strained.

Vaccines significantly reduce chance of infection, and more importantly reduce severity of illness. The numbers back this up - deaths in unvaccinated populations are more than 1000% higher, and the unvaccinated are 13.8 times more likely to end up in the ICU.

Here's some good data on the subject.

Note that Sinovac (Chile) is not particularly effective, I'm surprised they're not putting China on the red list. Sputnik isn't covered in that article, but the few relatively reliable studies indicate that it's not a particularly good performer, not sure why Russia didn't end up on the red as well, especially since they're not even a trade partner at this stage.

For what it's worth, recent data from Japan is showing that the double vaccinated were more likely to get infected than the unvaccinated. This was after the government was recently called out for including vaccinated people in the unvaccinated numbers. Make of that what you will.

https://business.nikkei.com/atcl/gen/19/00454/053100005/?n_cid=nbponb_twbn

Reactions: Cinnabums
For what it's worth, recent data from Japan is showing that the double vaccinated were more likely to get infected than the unvaccinated. This was after the government was recently called out for including vaccinated people in the unvaccinated numbers. Make of that what you will.

https://business.nikkei.com/atcl/gen/19/00454/053100005/?n_cid=nbponb_twbn

they are probably less careful than the unvaccinated, feeling safer
Anyway the point is not so much about getting infected or not, but ending up in ICU or not. The vaccine doesn’t prevent infections, it just helps fighting the consequences

they are probably less careful than the unvaccinated, feeling safer
Anyway the point is not so much about getting infected or not, but ending up in ICU or not. The vaccine doesn’t prevent infections, it just helps fighting the consequences

I dunno about that. I was led to believe the unvaccinated were reckless selfish scum spreading their demon seed wherever they go (or maybe that's the incoming gaijin horde). Regardless I think the world has moved on from that nonsense. No mandates are the way to go.

Govt issued guidelines yesterday.
Stupid F##king Shite Policy.
https://www.mlit.go.jp/kankocho/content/001485023.pdf

Get the feeling that the JTBs and KNTs have had a hand in this and are looking to make serious coin short term.
Hopefully common sense will prevail after the upper house election on Jul 10.

In the meantime, it is a fark of a lot of work to get registered and get approval. Then each "tour" needs to get approval.

I dunno about that. I was led to believe the unvaccinated were reckless selfish scum spreading their demon seed wherever they go (or maybe that's the incoming gaijin horde). Regardless I think the world has moved on from that nonsense. No mandates are the way to go.
Someone calling me?

Reactions: hrbb
Lets face it . If clueless tourists come here they do need proper training in clearly understandable pics and captions. Like this one

FCD999F7-570C-43C5-8977-DE89E70A81B1.jpeg

Reactions: Karbon and AsiaHand
I have seen plenty of towels and drinks in/at the onsen…. Hmmmm… :cautious:
Certainly Because stinky rude gaijins didn’t read the very clear Explanations in the pic above. Shame on them. That deserves a group tour punishment with boring ojisan as guide (and no onsen)

Except the “offenders”, assuming drinks and towels are really even offenses, were all Japanese…. And no one gave a darn about any of it.