Guest viewing is limited

Looking for a good place to hook up girls!!!???

I started googling but found this article about how to fend off pick up artists instead
http://jezebel.com/an-easy-guide-to-fending-off-pick-up-artists-521688391
You would NOT know if a guy talking to you is a PUA or NOT.

So instead, you would likely be overly paranoid or excessively defensive about ANY guy that might approach you. Provided any guys around you had the courage to do so, or weren't put off by any arrogance or bad attitude on your part.

By the way, Jezebel is considered feminist media, and is heavily criticized for being such and the spin it puts on things.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/kyria-abr...el-has-the-wrong-approach-to-feminism-period/
(Why Jezebel Has The Wrong Approach To Feminism...)

And you tried to SPIN about not being a SIMP for you or behavior on a website, into how a person is with any woman or other people in real life. Very manipulative and completely wrong.

Last edited:
I'm too lazy to Google, what's SIMP?
SIMP = Someone Idolizing Mediocre Pussy.

It is a term that refers to foolish males that grovel, let women walk all over them, or act subservient to any females around them. Also, regardless of the type of woman or any bad behavior by her.

Exactly - new establishments. Different corporate entities.
Not exactly sure about that. If you read their website, they obviously align with and still use the Gaspanic name. The transition was very minor, and more just name only in most cases.

Many of the Gaspanic clubs that changed their name to Red Area, are virtually the same. Gaspanic Roppongi next to Black Horse (used to be 911) became Red Area. Meaning the interior of the club, vibe, music, and crowd it attracts is about the same. Shibuya Gaspanic, near Hachiko exit, is the SAME as it ever was.

Though the Tokyo club scene is less than it was in general, to what it was like years past. But that's not only Gaspanic/Red Area's fault by itself.

It is a term that refers to foolish males that grovel, let women walk all over them, or act subservient to any females around them. Also, regardless of the type of woman or any bad behavior by her.

What is the term for the category (or categories) below "mediocre"? (SI?P)

Not exactly sure about that. If you read their website, they obviously align with and still use the Gaspanic name. The transition was very minor, and more just name only in most cases.

Yeah, and if I had said this morning that it was snowing, you would have said, "not in Okinawa".

Reactions: John Chavers
I started googling but found this article about how to fend off pick up artists instead
http://jezebel.com/an-easy-guide-to-fending-off-pick-up-artists-521688391

Hahaha that was a funny read.

If you go to the bathroom and smear lipstick on your face just because a guy says “Hey, you’re a goof," sorry but you've already lost.

I'm still waiting for a girl to randomly dance at me though, that sounds fun! If it happens just because I said “Excuse me, I just have to tell you something…” that would be slightly abrupt though. Seems like you're gonna be a doing a lot of random dancing to very non-PUA related people though.. Waiters, people trying to tell you you have toilet paper stuck to your shoe......

Reactions: Solong

I guess the female equivalent is a SAAP
- Someone Adoring Arrogant Pricks.

And unfortunately we have all known women who lets a man walk all over her and mistreat her ... excusing and forgiving his bad behavior and bad treatment. Poor SAAPs.

Yeah you don't want to be a SIMP, and I sure as hell don't want to be a SAAP.

Last edited:
Hahaha that was a funny read.

If you go to the bathroom and smear lipstick on your face just because a guy says “Hey, you’re a goof," sorry but you've already lost.

I'm still waiting for a girl to randomly dance at me though, that sounds fun! If it happens just because I said “Excuse me, I just have to tell you something…” that would be slightly abrupt though. Seems like you're gonna be a doing a lot of random dancing to very non-PUA related people though.. Waiters, people trying to tell you you have toilet paper stuck to your shoe......

I think if you suddenly go and smear lipstick on your face you haven't lost as much as you are now playing a completely different game:D
The bizarreness of the responses are what makes it funny - you have to admit that.

Hmm... I do sometimes randomly dance with people though... Nothing to do with fending off PUAs or anything ... Just because it just is a time to dance.

I'm fairly unresponsive to pick ups because I'm always in a mindset of just having fun and not taking anything seriously.

What is the term for the category (or categories) below "mediocre"? (SI?P)
Not sure, as didn't invent the term. But I'm pretty sure below even mediocre, is even worse ;-)

Shibuya Gas Panic, near Haciko JR exit. Club is a crowded small dump, and worthless for hook up.

Don't like club Harlem either. But club Flame and smaller bars in the area are fine, as can have an enjoyable conversation with a woman. And some clubs work better as a place to bring women TO, before attempting to take her to a nearby love hotel.

Heterosexual hookup in Tokyo clubs are terrible these days. Guys will often just get pranked with a LINE contact the Japanese woman never respond to, and end up drunk.

Guys are often getting themselves confused. Don't be the guy to walk past 100 viable Japanese women on the street, train, bus, convenience store, etc... Then talk to some old drunk STD club rat that is always there and runs through dozens of guys, some trick females that are friends of the bartender and wants you to buy drinks, or silly penis-phobia Disney minded lesbian-like female groups that act like 16 even though they are 26.

I don't think any club is "magical" or "special" for picking up women. If you want to meet and talk to women, I think a man can do it directly, without bravery from alcohol. See a woman you like, politely attempt a conversation.

Hell, online dating is better than Tokyo clubs.
Solong you seem to "work" on a similar way as me - at least on how/where to approach women.

For those reasons, I would like to ask you 2 different thing mostly: which sites/online places would you recomend me - knowing that I don't speak Japanese (I know..it limits the options a LOT) and second - how is the general reaction when you aboard girls in the street?
On my last trip to Japan (and the first one actually), I did approach a couple of girls, for different reasons. And in general, even when they didn't speak english, they reacted "ok", since I am quite nice, and I think I transmit a "friendly vibe" (meaning, I don't look like a perve at all :p). But I did that a couple of times, I am not sure what could happen if I would try more times. I don't want to make any girl scared or be annoying.

As for clubs..I like to party. And ofc I like to meet pretty girls and sleep with them if possible. But for me is fine ( and even better) to go to a smaller club and get the opportunity to meet some girls and have a nice talk with them ( and maybe "invest" on a future oportunity for something more), that spending all night "thirsty", chasing girl after girl, just to get laid that night. And I feel that you work in a similar way, while scoring quite a lot. So I will problably go to some clubs recomended by you on my next trip to Tokyo.

Last edited:
Reactions: TAG Manager
For those reasons, I would like to ask you 2 different thing mostly: which sites/online places would you recomend me - knowing that I don't speak Japanese (I know..it limits the options a LOT) and second...

Hi Chris and here are my opinions about this...

Years ago, various Japanese women would come by themselves to the club from different prefectures, outside the city, or different parts of the city. This way was more anonymous, and the women could meet guys for sex if they wanted to. These days single Japanese females going to clubs appeared to be bullied by other women or questioned for being alone. Thus pressured to come with girlfriends, creating group pressures and pressure to pretend to be not sexual or "virgin-like prudish goody goody" girls. This goes to the casual sex and slut shaming issues many women have or are overly worried what other people or friends might think.

A lot of those "single" women looking for casual sex hook-ups have been replaced with online dating. However, it's not like a 1 to 1 swap from clubs to online. Online dating has numerous different issues involved.

Many Japanese women are now aware of online international dating websites, so if interested in foreign guys, can put up a profile among the below sites:

Tinder
Facebook (Tinder more anonymous)
OkCupid
POF (Plenty of Fish)
Match
Japan Cupid
AdultFriendFinder (better for swingers)
FriendsInJapan
Japan Guide, PenFriend
InterPals
Metropolis
Craigslist (but a bit shady, more for swingers)

Note 1- With Japan Guide PenFriends you have to be careful, as you can be reported (to include women sneak reporting after meeting you) and your account deleted for obvious dating attempts. So you have to play that game carefully and it may take 2 or 3 dates. However, you can instead join FriendsInJapan to avoid the bullshit cloak and dagger games. Interpals and Metropolis (classified ad format) allows for both language exchange and dating.

Note 2- Craigslist and AdulFriendFinder are a mixed bag and difficult for single heterosexual males looking for women, and are the most unpredictable. It can be better if you are comfortable as a male stud for swinger and cuckold couples. In this scenario, there are couples that want men who are more muscular, of a different race, and/or have a larger penis than average to have sex with wives or girlfriends. It's totally heterosexual sex, unless specified differently. In Craigslist, this is under mw4m. A guy can become quite popular on Craigslist or AFF, if he has the right physical build, and asked to bang many wives or get into swinger parties from that angle.

Online VS Direct Approach

I prefer talking to women via direct approach more than online dating, because it bypasses a lot of tomfoolery. There are lots of fake profiles, scammers, crazies, and liars that will waste your time online.

Also, some Japanese women will have a profile, but appear to not quite understand the purpose of the website, be very pretentious, or lie about why they are on the website. To include she is hypergamously running through lots of guys on the website, with the "grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" mentality... Jumping to the next guy, thinking he will be better, versus creating stable relationships or giving relationships a chance.

how is the general reaction when you aboard girls in the street?

I'm thinking your question is, "What is the reaction women give when you approach and talk to them on the street?"

I use a bit different approach than many PUAs. I talk to women that are loitering in a place or sitting, versus chasing down moving targets on the "street". I approach women in a way that's comfortable and safe for many of them.

So I would talk to women while we are standing parallel at a bus stop or on the platform waiting for the train, or sitting in a cafe, fast food restaurant, bus, train, etc... In this way, standing or sitting parallel to the women, it's a more comfortable way to start conversations. I rarely ever get hard "blow outs" (strong rejection), though it does happen occasionally by oddly and excessively mean women at times. Usually we can have a bit of conversation. I've become very smooth at starting conversations, through lots of practice and approaches.

At my favorite spots, in conversations I get into, I can exchange contact info 50% of the time. But this is quite a high average that came up gradually over time. YEARS! It's also more a combination of identifying women that have a good vibe and mood, finding very good locations (which can be difficult and take time, or trial and error), and conversational skills. A guy just starting direct approaches should NOT expect such a high success rate. In fact, don't worry if it's LOW at first, have FUN trying and improving.

Newbie PUAs types tend to be afraid of rejection and get too nervous. Instead of admitting this cowardice to themselves, they tend to rationalize and make excuses for it, thus talk themselves out of approaching. So no matter what, push yourself to approach and eliminate your fear of rejection. Once you have done this, then the internal emotion is more you being choosy and picking the right opportunity. I tend to choose women that have a positive and/or happy energy about them, in addition to me being attracted to them.

As a rule of thumb, I set my approaches at 9 per hour and focus on getting 3 contacts in that hour. The key is contacts and not just approaches, so if I made only 6 approaches, but got 3 contacts then I have done well.

In this mindset, the reaction of the woman isn't as relevant, as meeting the self imposed quota per hour. However, most reactions of the women I meet are polite (as I'm very polite) or positive, because of the way in which I approached them. You don't want to act weird, nervous, or creepy because women can return that negative energy. My energy and vibe is polite, positive (don't forget to smile), and curious. So, I often get that back from women in return.

Reactions: ChrisP86
Hi Chris and here are my opinions about this...

Years ago, various Japanese women would come by themselves to the club from different prefectures, outside the city, or different parts of the city. This way was more anonymous, and the women could meet guys for sex if they wanted to. These days single Japanese females going to clubs appeared to be bullied by other women or questioned for being alone. Thus pressured to come with girlfriends, creating group pressures and pressure to pretend to be not sexual or "virgin-like prudish goody goody" girls. This goes to the casual sex and slut shaming issues many women have or are overly worried what other people or friends might think.

A lot of those "single" women looking for casual sex hook-ups have been replaced with online dating. However, it's not like a 1 to 1 swap from clubs to online. Online dating has numerous different issues involved.

Many Japanese women are now aware of online international dating websites, so if interested in foreign guys, can put up a profile among the below sites:

Tinder
Facebook (Tinder more anonymous)
OkCupid
POF (Plenty of Fish)
Match
Japan Cupid
AdultFriendFinder (better for swingers)
FriendsInJapan
Japan Guide, PenFriend
InterPals
Metropolis
Craigslist (but a bit shady, more for swingers)

Note 1- With Japan Guide PenFriends you have to be careful, as you can be reported (to include women sneak reporting after meeting you) and your account deleted for obvious dating attempts. So you have to play that game carefully and it may take 2 or 3 dates. However, you can instead join FriendsInJapan to avoid the bullshit cloak and dagger games. Interpals and Metropolis (classified ad format) allows for both language exchange and dating.

Note 2- Craigslist and AdulFriendFinder are a mixed bag and difficult for single heterosexual males looking for women, and are the most unpredictable. It can be better if you are comfortable as a male stud for swinger and cuckold couples. In this scenario, there are couples that want men who are more muscular, of a different race, and/or have a larger penis than average to have sex with wives or girlfriends. It's totally heterosexual sex, unless specified differently. In Craigslist, this is under mw4m. A guy can become quite popular on Craigslist or AFF, if he has the right physical build, and asked to bang many wives or get into swinger parties from that angle.

Online VS Direct Approach

I prefer talking to women via direct approach more than online dating, because it bypasses a lot of tomfoolery. There are lots of fake profiles, scammers, crazies, and liars that will waste your time online.

Also, some Japanese women will have a profile, but appear to not quite understand the purpose of the website, be very pretentious, or lie about why they are on the website. To include she is hypergamously running through lots of guys on the website, with the "grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" mentality... Jumping to the next guy, thinking he will be better, versus creating stable relationships or giving relationships a chance.

I'm thinking your question is, "What is the reaction women give when you approach and talk to them on the street?"

I use a bit different approach than many PUAs. I talk to women that are loitering in a place or sitting, versus chasing down moving targets on the "street". I approach women in a way that's comfortable and safe for many of them.

So I would talk to women while we are standing parallel at a bus stop or on the platform waiting for the train, or sitting in a cafe, fast food restaurant, bus, train, etc... In this way, standing or sitting parallel to the women, it's a more comfortable way to start conversations. I rarely ever get hard "blow outs" (strong rejection), though it does happen occasionally by oddly and excessively mean women at times. Usually we can have a bit of conversation. I've become very smooth at starting conversations, through lots of practice and approaches.

At my favorite spots, in conversations I get into, I can exchange contact info 50% of the time. But this is quite a high average that came up gradually over time. YEARS! It's also more a combination of identifying women that have a good vibe and mood, finding very good locations (which can be difficult and take time, or trial and error), and conversational skills. A guy just starting direct approaches should NOT expect such a high success rate. In fact, don't worry if it's LOW at first, have FUN trying and improving.

Newbie PUAs types tend to be afraid of rejection and get too nervous. Instead of admitting this cowardice to themselves, they tend to rationalize and make excuses for it, thus talk themselves out of approaching. So no matter what, push yourself to approach and eliminate your fear of rejection. Once you have done this, then the internal emotion is more you being choosy and picking the right opportunity. I tend to choose women that have a positive and/or happy energy about them, in addition to me being attracted to them.

As a rule of thumb, I set my approaches at 9 per hour and focus on getting 3 contacts in that hour. The key is contacts and not just approaches, so if I made only 6 approaches, but got 3 contacts then I have done well.

In this mindset, the reaction of the woman isn't as relevant, as meeting the self imposed quota per hour. However, most reactions of the women I meet are polite (as I'm very polite) or positive, because of the way in which I approached them. You don't want to act weird, nervous, or creepy because women can return that negative energy. My energy and vibe is polite, positive (don't forget to smile), and curious. So, I often get that back from women in return.
I agree about the last part (as I said, I usually have a friendly vibe too, and I smile) and fear of rejection is not really something I care about.

From your list of site, I thought about trying FriendsInJapan, but I was a little bit surprised by the price: around 25 USD a month.
Not that money is an issue, but the few times I have used paid site I had an idea that the value was lower, and we are talking about dating site. 25 USD for a "friendship/penpal" site (at least that's what it is supose to be), seems a lot. So I am "worried" about how many people actually use it and how to take best "profit" of it?
I am quite busy until the end of January, so I think I will set up a profile slowly, and maybe around February/March, give it a try for one month.At least I can be sure that most people there speak english :)
One last thing..on that site, is better to put that I am in Osaka/Kyoto or write the truth and say that I am in Paris at the moment ( and then on the description say something about travelling a lot between France and Japan for work?). The Paris thing may attract women that want cultural exchange but may frighten some.

Edit: Having a second look at the site, it seems I have 6 tokens, and I can use 4 to have 3 months premium membership! That would be nice.

Reactions: TAG Manager
I agree about the last part (as I said, I usually have a friendly vibe too, and I smile) and fear of rejection is not really something I care about.

From your list of site, I thought about trying FriendsInJapan, but I was a little bit surprised by the price: around 25 USD a month.
Not that money is an issue, but the few times I have used paid site I had an idea that the value was lower, and we are talking about dating site. 25 USD for a "friendship/penpal" site (at least that's what it is supose to be), seems a lot. So I am "worried" about how many people actually use it and how to take best "profit" of it?
I am quite busy until the end of January, so I think I will set up a profile slowly, and maybe around February/March, give it a try for one month.At least I can be sure that most people there speak english :)
One last thing..on that site, is better to put that I am in Osaka/Kyoto or write the truth and say that I am in Paris at the moment ( and then on the description say something about travelling a lot between France and Japan for work?). The Paris thing may attract women that want cultural exchange but may frighten some.

Edit: Having a second look at the site, it seems I have 6 tokens, and I can use 4 to have 3 months premium membership! That would be nice.

Instead of FriendsInJapan, you can try WorldFriends. This company has several websites with different names. It's decent, so I can vouch for it's effectiveness. Though it's below Tinder and OkCupid in my opinion. About equal to POF.

If you are short on cash, Interpals or Japan Guide PenFriends will do. Just remember that with PenFriends, you have to play the cloak and dagger game of pretending you are not dating when you are. Don't worry, as about 50% of the Japanese women will be playing this same bullshit game too. If you don't feel like hiding, then Interpals and Metropolis are recommended for language exchange and love.

It's hard to say which is better with Japanese women. That you are in Japan or travel to Japan. There are different types, that appear to get excited by the different types of foreign guys. Some only want to talk to those foreigners that are in Japan, while others are excited about the possibility to travel to your country. I lean towards saying the truth of your situation. That you are IN Paris, and will be in Japan soon.

You may also want to offer teaching Japanese women French on Japan Guide's PenFriends, Interpals, and Metropolis. It might help for those guys trying to make long distance connections.

I'm fairly unresponsive to pick ups because I'm always in a mindset of just having fun and not taking anything seriously.

This caught my eye because.. This is pretty much exactly what I do when I'm out as well. And girls who behave like this and enjoy fun and not being serious follow me home at the end of the night.. This is why it's always a slippery slope trying to define exactly what "pickup" is

If a guy is trying to really seriously pick you up that sounds boring indeed! Good pickup, on the other hand, really is invisible and aligns everyone's goals and energies. It's more like a meeting of kindred souls than an oppositional clash of titans

Instead of FriendsInJapan, you can try WorldFriends. This company has several websites with different names. It's decent, so I can vouch for it's effectiveness. Though it's below Tinder and OkCupid in my opinion. About equal to POF.

If you are short on cash, Interpals or Japan Guide PenFriends will do. Just remember that with PenFriends, you have to play the cloak and dagger game of pretending you are not dating when you are. Don't worry, as about 50% of the Japanese women will be playing this same bullshit game too. If you don't feel like hiding, then Interpals and Metropolis are recommended for language exchange and love.

It's hard to say which is better with Japanese women. That you are in Japan or travel to Japan. There are different types, that appear to get excited by the different types of foreign guys. Some only want to talk to those foreigners that are in Japan, while others are excited about the possibility to travel to your country. I lean towards saying the truth of your situation. That you are IN Paris, and will be in Japan soon.

You may also want to offer teaching Japanese women French on Japan Guide's PenFriends, Interpals, and Metropolis. It might help for those guys trying to make long distance connections.
I have tried Japan-guide Penpals, and it worked quite fine.
I got contacted by several women, mostly above their 30's. One for example right away instited that next time I would go to Osaka we should meet for dinner and insisted a lot about it, which - I may be wrong - be seemed like she was "interested". And actually, from the few pic she send she actually looked quite cute. But since I am going only in May, the interest started to cold down, which is normal.

so my next step is really to try to contact girls/women only around 15 dias before going. I will keep Tinder for when I am there, because -from my experience - Tinder is a short-time interest. Meaning that is rarely rare that you speak with a girls for more than a couple of days. You need to make a meeting happen "fast". Actually one of my best experience with Tinder was really like I found this cute girl on Tinder on my last day on that city. I try to invite her for some drinks, but it takes her too long to answer, and she is working early in the morning. Since she is really cute and damn hot, I was like "there is no way you can convince to come here". Well, some jokes on the middle of the conversation that it is late to go for drinks, but since I was staying close to her work place she could come over for drinks "here", and that I would stay in the couch, bla bla. Long story short, she came over, which I would have not expected when I started talking with her . But it happened all really fast, we started to talk on the afternoon, and on the evening all happened fast. She was on the mood and that played on my favor. Resuming...Tinder works better like this (at least in europe/ US).

Since I still find FriendsInJapan expsensive for a "friendship" site , I was thinking about an account on OkCupid. Because Japan-guide is nice and all..but as you told me, I need to be careful with the "dating game" and plus..the only way to see them is to ask for pics.
Sio between OkCupid and and FriendsInJapan, Okcupid would be a better investement, no?

Nice thread barring the ego clash, loads of useful information. Thanks guys.

I'll be going to Tokyo soon, and need some help to where there might be good places/ bars to hook up girls?

Sorry for the short post, hope ppl can be of some help. Thank you.

:)
Sexism in Japan <link removed>

I’ve left business cards with my contacts and gotten some hits. I’ve frequented cafes and gotten hits. I’ve just walked out a shopping mall gotten hits. Just look friendly, dress well, and keep an opine mind, and be ready with information. I pick up women anywhere I go. Ha ha!

Reactions: Ioloop
Hey :) I have got some good information from this thread but it's a little outdated and wondered if anybody can provide an update...

I'll be traveling to Tokyo in June.. Me and my friend will be looking to go to cheaper bars earlier in the evening, probably in Rappongi, before heading to the serious clubs in Shibuya later on. What are currently the best bars in Rappongi for some strapping 29 year old English lads to pick up local girls? And how much is a night out likely to cost, if we're going to frequent these bars before heading the the techno parties afterwards?

thanks in advance, for any advice :)

Reactions: Ioloop