Guest viewing is limited

Looking For Tips About Dating A Japanese Girl

No flowers! In fact, no present might be best. A small in context thing bought for her with you are sightseeing might be okay but only if you are alone with her. Flowers are usually given for events/achievements here and dates are not one of those. She would have to lug them around, it would make her self-conscious and if she lives with her family she would have to explain them. Repeat - no flowers!

She would have to lug them around, Repeat - no flowers!
Yup. Ol' tumblerbait's just a complete lost cause at this point.

"Dear Mummy. Why won't she love me on my terms in her country? WHY????" :sleep:

Yup. Ol' tumblerbait's just a complete lost cause at this point.

"Dear Mummy. Why won't she love me on my terms in her country? WHY????" :sleep:
damn, not sure why you feel the urge to post unhelpful crap while trying to make me mad or be somehow funny to the readers but lol, ok. well, maybe I know why, being on the internet for a long time makes you wonder about things. but tbh you didn't strike me as the usual 16 y old kid that thinks being stupidly offensive on the internet is cool.
I'd give the last remark a 3/10 (bonus +1 for the mummy), but please keep trying <3

-

and YES, surprise surprise I have little to no experience in this stuff (as I already wrote), why would I need to open a thread like this otherwise, I wonder.
ergo if I ask possibly stupid questions that's the reason right there.

@R.O.B/Desktop no flowers, got it.

Last edited:
damn, not sure why you feel the urge to post unhelpful crap
It's only unhelpful because you ask the wrong questions. :banghead:

Look, the fact that she's even talking to you means you're 90% home. Just don't fuck it up and you'll be fine. (y)

Bahl, you will just have to review all that was written, what she said, get down there and go with the flow. Be yourself because maybe that is what got her interested in the first place. Distant planning with advice from old dudes like Wwander, me and John Chavers etc. can only go so far and raise more questions. Chavers is only two key presses away from cynicism and at least his advice won't cost YOU Y35,000 and a dodgy :depressed:face plant :)beaver:in joke). He was spot on last post.

Reactions: John Chavers
Chavers is only two key presses away from cynicism and at least his advice won't cost YOU Y35,000 and a dodgy :depressed:face plant :)beaver:in joke). He was spot on last post.
:ROFLMAO: You have to admit she looked good though.

oh well guys, I guess this won't lead to where I wanted.

she didn't mention it before but apparently one of her (male) friends from the last time is also coming during this friday night meeting. I thought I was pretty clear when I asked her out, obviously I didn't write "HEY JUST THE 2 OF US" but come on.

well, at least I tried. won't go back to my country with an happy smile tho /sadface

honestly though I don't understand why she would want to keep going out with me if she isn't actually interested.
maybe she can't say no when people ask her out? Idk. *shrugs*

Last edited:
In one of your first replies to her, you said something like maybe we can hang out or something. That's way too vague. Just be forthright with her...may be too late, but tell her you have only a little time left before you go back home and that you want to take her out for a nice dinner and karaoke (do you even do that at 24?)...alone! Once, I picked up a girl on the Yamanote line, got her number, asked her out, and she had a friend with her on our first date. I thought WTF, but went with the flow. Neither were interesting enough to pursue, so that was that. No harm done. They may feel safe in numbers at that age, so go with your instinct. You never know, you may miss last train (or try to make her miss last train) and invite her up to your love shack, and do what's on your mind. Otherwise, go home regretting this experience until you die.

not sure what's your point in that last part of the message, should I pretend to miss the meeting on friday for being able to ask her out alone later on?

yes the first time i was vague but the second time i asked more or less like "want to go somewhere this sunday/next week? Or for a dinner too".

now honestly that's not really like saying "let's go for a dinner/karaoke night ALONE" but come on, why would she think that I don't want to see her ALONE as an actual date? Unless you have brain damage you clearly understand that, or at least that's what I think.

at this point I feel like she didn't want to be rude / ignore me so she said yes both times, but she's obviously isn't into me because you don't invite a fucking friend when someone asks you out for the second time.
I'm going out this friday but yeah, not expecting anything at all.

while I'm at it, I might add that this friend of hers (I'd say I'm "average" and she's "above average") is pretty fugly, lol. of course with love (if that's the case) anything goes and I'm probably being very rude here but I also find the whole thing a bit funny.

Last edited:
might as well ask here, any cool bar to hang out / pick up ladies during the night in Tokyo?

(I was planning on going out here in any case :3)

Now you might ask yourself : fugly vs awkward, who wins ?
As you say : "I'm probably being very rude here but I also find the whole thing a bit funny" ;)

:((
just writing what I was thinking brahs

may I ask if you think that I'm right in thinking that she just said yes because she didn't want to be rude and decline =?

It could be worse. If she was Chinese you'd be having a double date with the mother, and I'm not talking about getting some action from her too.

got news
I don't know if this is good or bad news. I think it's bad, to be honest.

she said that she will be happy to meet me and she asked me to join her... with her friends.

Sadly, I had not seen this before to avert this very common mistake that guys make. You might have reviewed the Nampa/PUA section to put you on the right track. I've typed about this a bit before, as a 1 to 1 meeting is BEST, to start a relationship. There is a huge difference between 1st meeting a woman that is surrounded by her friends, and you already have met her and have her contact info. Once you have her contact info and are corresponding 1 to 1, it should STAY that way until you the outcome is decided, sex with her or failure.

It's one thing when you are at a club or social event and you have to go through her friends/blockers to talk with her in order to get her contact info, it's another thing to voluntarily let yourself be subjected to her friends interfering with you talking to her.

Meet her friends AFTER you had sex with her, not before. Avoid putting yourself into difficult group dynamics, if you can help it. Putting yourself in group situations, when you could have avoided it, INCREASES the odds by a huge percentage that things will go wrong and failure.

I will make a Nampa/PUA post elaborating on this more.

I see Solong but I couldn't do much else there, if I just said "no I won't go out with your friends" I probably won't have seen her again.

So what happened???? A lot of us tried to sincerely advise you...

A lot of us tried to sincerely advise you...
...and some of us less sincerely :ROFLMAO:

He was her Gucci Gaijin for a couple of outings, turned out for the great show, and then sent packing with only blueballs to show for it. :facepalm:

I see Solong but I couldn't do much else there, if I just said "no I won't go out with your friends" I probably won't have seen her again.

The mistake is letting a woman put you into a bad position that you don't want to be in and is a lose-lose situation for you. The best that a guy can do, from what you typed, is make it clear to the woman that you want to see just her and then give her an option of days that you could meet. The option of days is to let her adjust her schedule. If she really likes you, if possible, she will adjust her schedule to meet you and alone.

If she refuses by telling you a lie that only meeting her in a large group of friends is possible, take that as a "I don't like you that much." or even as an insult along the lines of, "I don't really want to get to know you." Women are not usually so stupid, to the extent they don't know what is going on. When a woman subjects a guy to meeting her friends, before you have become intimate, it's usually a type of bad female game. She will abuse the guy as entertainment for her friends or is doing other twisted stuff, like using you to make another guy in the group that is chasing her or is interested in her, become jealous. If that is not the case, women will usually tell you specifically, like- "We are going to meet my friends, but only for a little while and just for 1 hour, because I promised. Then we will go to dinner/club/wherever after that."

And in Japan, a foreign guy needs to be very conscious that the Japanese woman he is talking to is not like beta sheeple and being controlled by other members of the group or is desperately trying to win approval from a group (thus do anything they are told by group alphas). For example, an alpha female tells her she must meet with the group on X day or demands to see this guy that is trying to talk to her. Many beta females can be mindless in this way, where they tell too much or all of their private business to alphas in a group. Some Japanese lack the courage and ability to be independent from the group or circle they are in. So, she will ask you to meet up with her group (like bringing a sacrifice to the slaughter), and then the alpha or jealous members will rip you to shreds figuratively and verbally. They can do it directly OR behind your back style in secretive or coded conversations. And many beta Japanese girls will just stand there and let it happen or even betray you and join in on verbally shredding you. You as a foreigner, particularly if you can't speak Japanese, can be clueless as to what is going on. I've seen this happen to foreigners, way more times than I can count. It's a very sick and twisted game in Japan, where it's also done to Japanese guys outside a particular group.

So, if you can help it, don't put yourself in such bad positions. If it means not meeting her, then so be it. Because if she was really interested, she would just go see you, and not involve you in any childish or twisted group games.