Random pictures in japan you took!

59E1BC63-3409-47F3-AF67-1ACBC73A2066.jpeg

Art installation in Roppongi Hills
(The hidden lights on the ceiling in the background and various lights from the shops around kept exploding from whatever angle I photographed the installation so I just gave up.)
Btw there’s an exhibition called “Catastrophe and the Power of Art” in Mori Art Museum including an installation by Yoko Ono that depicts the ongoing refugee crisis

View attachment 9878

Art installation in Roppongi Hills
(The hidden lights on the ceiling in the background and various lights from the shops around kept exploding from whatever angle I photographed the installation so I just gave up.)
Btw there’s an exhibition called “Catastrophe and the Power of Art” in Mori Art Museum including an installation by Yoko Ono that depicts the ongoing refugee crisis

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I work near there and will check it out. And you did a good job photographing that. You’re right that it’s hard to get good shots because of lighting in museums/galleries.

Reactions: Simonka
Interesting. Thanks for the info. I work near there and will check it out. And you did a good job photographing that. You’re right that it’s hard to get good shots because of lighting in museums/galleries.
I did a bad job with the lights and an okay job with aligning the geometry of the aluminum structure, but thank you :) (I was in a hurry & took with iPhone)

Mmm eating fresh mochi is a pleasant way to get a bit chubby

But eating a bit chubby is calorie free!

I think I have been averaging almost a kilogram per year in Japan. And thinking how long I have been there that's a lot of extra baggage.

The food is just too good. Though probably not fair to blame it all on that, I started as a broke ass student and now I am not a student anymore. :eek::D

Reactions: Simonka
BAFCC685-75C3-41AA-AB1D-01D4E4393666.jpeg

The contrast between different shapes and surfaces, decoration in the elevator hall of a hotel captured on front & clashing beautifully with the angles in the background

A month ago today, I was having such a good time in Tokyo.
It’ll take some work, but I look forward to enjoying my next visit in a few weeks.

Yes, I still read traditional newspapers.
6E2A5499-8F26-43BA-9AAF-4B89B9130CA2.jpeg

A view of Tokyo Skytree.
ACDD7E30-BAA8-4BE3-849D-65A476809633.jpeg

I was amazed to see this beautiful, old tree in Ginza that looked to have been spruced up with a semi-cascade bonsai style (Han-kengai).
624C92A7-86EA-45DD-997F-9B831D672E1A.jpeg

Last edited:
The softest, tiniest, cutest tamago ever

Another great shot from you. Thanks. I love your eye for composition and for seeing patterns in life that most people miss.

Just FYI...if any of these pics are coming from serious photographers, remember to strip out the metadata...I was going to post a pic and then realized my name is all over every single one of my files...

Just FYI...if any of these pics are coming from serious photographers, remember to strip out the metadata...I was going to post a pic and then realized my name is all over every single one of my files...
Thanks! I almost did the same thing.