Sexually Transmitted Disease (std) Talk

I would think if you're not symptomatic and do not require confirmation, it seems a bit redundant to do a test that could possibly give you a false positive. Just extra worry and lighter pockets.

Carrying herpes is not likely going to change your lifestyle or your gf's significantly unless you're immunosuppressed... Or if you like fuckin with pimples on your penis

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
You can still get HIV from giving oral sex to a man or woman. While the risk is low, yes, it does exist. Some studies place it at 3% of HIV cases.
Only if you had swallowed a bag of razor blades first. Maybe you mean 0.03%?

I am new and dont know where to ask but what is the chance of getting a sexually transmitted disease in Tokyo?
Would be tempted to try out but im scared too much...any tips how I lower my chances to get one?

So I gave an unprotected bj to a new half on Friday. On Sunday I came down with fever and sore throat.

When I went to the doctor to check it wasn't flu he told me it couldn't be flu because it isn't going around right now. Then he looked at my throat and told me it was really clear that I had a swollen tonsil due to a bacterial infection. He said it is probably strep throat.

However it just occurred to me that the timing and symptoms (fever, swollen tonsils, pain all over my body) could also indicate gonorrhea.

Are there any experts on here who can tell me how likely it is to be gonorrhea? And if I have oral gonorrhea does that mean I have gonorrhea itself? Or are they two separate infections?

So I gave an unprotected bj to a new half on Friday. On Sunday I came down with fever and sore throat.

When I went to the doctor to check it wasn't flu he told me it couldn't be flu because it isn't going around right now. Then he looked at my throat and told me it was really clear that I had a swollen tonsil due to a bacterial infection. He said it is probably strep throat.

However it just occurred to me that the timing and symptoms (fever, swollen tonsils, pain all over my body) could also indicate gonorrhea.

Are there any experts on here who can tell me how likely it is to be gonorrhea? And if I have oral gonorrhea does that mean I have gonorrhea itself? Or are they two separate infections?
I'd say get your throat swapped by a doctor to make sure.

Reactions: Curacao
But does it make any difference? Like, if oral gonorrhea is only transmittable via oral sex and treatable with antibiotics then I don't thinking makes any difference - I am way too sick to even think about sex, oral or otherwise, and the doc gave me antibiotics. But if oral gonorrhea turns into regular gonorrhea and becomes transmittable via regular sex and/or has the potential for other complications then I guess it might be worth checking if my strep throat is actually gonorrhea. If that makes sense?

But does it make any difference? Like, if oral gonorrhea is only transmittable via oral sex and treatable with antibiotics then I don't thinking makes any difference - I am way too sick to even think about sex, oral or otherwise, and the doc gave me antibiotics. But if oral gonorrhea turns into regular gonorrhea and becomes transmittable via regular sex and/or has the potential for other complications then I guess it might be worth checking if my strep throat is actually gonorrhea. If that makes sense?

There are different antibiotics for different ailments, so the ones you have might not be effective against an STD. Please go and check with your doctor if you have oral gonorrhea. Specifically mention that you want to be tested for it.

Hopefully you are fine... but you can never be too sure

if your gp identified strep throat clinically without a throat swab, he has likely given you a broad spectrum antibiotic.
I believe you're worried about the chances of gonnorhea pharyngitis progressing to systemic spread. While it is plausible for this to happen, ive personally not seen it in my experience. Probably because patients are given broad spectrum everything nowadays to shotgun dem bacteria straight to hell.
However, If you suspect gonnorhea, it would be wise to mention that to your clinician at the very least. I wouldn't come to the differential of gonnorheal pharyngitis immediately unless you have a history working in that line of work.
identification and confirmation of bacteria type would optimise your treatment and recovery

Another useful link ..... http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Gonorrhoea/Pages/Symptomsnew.aspx

I am no doctor, but just reading the two sites I linked ....it seems your symptoms went well beyond the typical symptoms of Oral-G (sore throat ) and presented themselves earlier than Oral G symptoms typically appear.

I am not a Doctor -- Just adding this to keep you calm and upbeat :)

You can also do some online research on the antibiotic you were prescribed -- and see if it is normally used in the treatment of Oral G. Your mind can rest easy if you know you were prescribed broad spectrum antibiotics that will fix Oral G.

I realize Oral G infection was only an afterthought, but in Tokyo your best visiting an STI clinic in somewhere like Shinjuku rather than good old family Dr. "Smith" in the international clinic by Tokyo Tower. If the antibiotics you were prescribed don't fix you - then best to go and investigate the potential Oral G infection with Dr. Hentai in Shinjuku :)

Reactions: Curacao
Yeah to be honest my symptoms go well beyond what is typical for either strep throat or oral gonorrhea. The antibiotics I was given are called flomox, which is a general antibiotic but it does also seem to be prescribed for cases of gonorrhea.

I would go get myself checked out but am unfortunately about to embark on a lengthy trip abroad...

So it looks like my daughter caught whatever I have. Which I guess (since I don't have sex with her oral or otherwise) means I am likely to have just strep throat - since my understanding is that oral gonorrhea is only spread by sexual contact whereas strep throat is spread like a cold via droplets of saliva that are accidentally deposited everywhere when you sneeze or wipe your nose or whatever.

Is that correct?

Get your daughter checked up and go get an STD panel for yourself. Posting here will solve nothing.

Sorry I already explained that I will be unable to get myself checked soon. My reason for posting here was in the hope that someone with the relevant training or knowledge would be able to give me answers to the specific questions I posted which would certainly solve a lot of things for me.

I will stop posting

Forgive me if my understanding of gonnorhea is incorrect but... Normally, std spread is due to gonoccoccal bacterium from lesions in the gential area. It's like when you bust a pimple and the pus and bacteria come into contact with open cuts, lesions etc.
I certainly do not want to panic or upset you but I would think if your tonsils are exhibiting pus like lesions, spread to another person mouth to mouth is not implausible.
seeing as there is spread amongst your family, I believe that is warranted to get a proper check with a doc to confirm the causative pathogen sooner rather than later.

You'll be fine. My girlfriend got a sore throat once after BJ and I only realized after the fact that I hadn't washed it that day. You need to make sure your man has washed it very recently before giving a BJ.

Hello Curacao! has your infection ceased?
Yes, if your doctor prescribed you flomox ( which is by the way just amoxycillin), then he probably suspects a bacterial infection ( could be strep, especially if he did a swab and you came back positive to it)
As for Gonorrhea, some people are asymptomatic but usually the symptoms would appear 6-10 days post exposure ( in my experience) - ( Common symptoms include burning sensations when urinating, pelvic pain/dicharge - sore throat is one of them but I think too early in your case
Did you mention your sexual activity to your physician? ( if so that's something you should always do . Usually we prescribe fluoroquinolones for gonorrhea -

Hope that helps.