Guest viewing is limited

Should Japan accept refugees?

BankaSakka

TAG Member
Reaction score
In light of recent pressure for Japan to accept refugees, and after the gang rape of a Japanese woman within a short time of accepting less than 30, my position is no! Based on what has happened in Sweden, Germany, France, Belgium, it is not clear how Japan could support refugees on a mass scale. What are your thoughts?

In light of recent pressure for Japan to accept refugees, and after the gang rape of a Japanese woman within a short time of accepting less than 30, my position is no! Based on what has happened in Sweden, Germany, France, Belgium, it is not clear how Japan could support refugees on a mass scale. What are your thoughts?

I don't believe Japan is a well-suited country for refugees.

After seeing what happened to some other countries and hearing first person accounts of what has transpired... if the people wanting help cannot respect the rules of the land, then I for one don't want them here.

All of those store fronts in Japan that put their products on the street, where the majority of people don't steal, won't exist any more if the level of safety, security and respect is diminished with accepting refugees who won't care.

I realize that some people really do need help and may work hard to fit in, but the majority rules in this case. Sorry.

I don't believe in accepting refugees for long term residence. The situation in Germany is especially out of control.

Refugees - especially women, children, and the elderly - who are fleeing war or oppression should be cared for in a secure and safe facility, and repatriated when the situation becomes less volatile.

The refugees mentioned in the original post aren't even actual refugees, they're Turks who were attempting to claim refugee status based on family strife, not political oppression or conflict. Basically visa regulation dodgers.

I don't believe Japan is a well-suited country for refugees.

Yeah, Japanese 'rules' and homogeneity is particularly tough to deal with even for someone who is of similar socioeconomic status and who more or less knows what to expect. While it would be really nice if they accepted some refugees (or even increase immigration in general), I think America would be a much better choice - compared to Japan or even a lot of Europe, America is very much a "melting pot".

I know it's difficult but it's important to distinguish refugees from immigrants. It's Japan's duty to accept more asylum seekers. That can be done with its ridiculously strict immigration policy. I'm convinced that the Japan's immigration policy should be relaxed but that's another story. Small refugee/immigrant communities exit in Japan already such as Koza-Shibuya in Kanagawa (Vietnamese), Warabi in Saitama (Kurds) and Yotsukaido in Chiba (Afghans). I don't think they caused any serious trouble with the local communities. Japan can absorb at least thousands of them if not tens of thousands.

Reactions: Simonka
No.....see all the reasons above!!!

We have to help them. At least the innocents. Japan definitely has space enough because everyone moves to Tokyo.
Space isn't important here. And in you opinion why does Japan have to do anything here? Because suffering? There's lots of that outside the world of Arabs butchering each other.

Reactions: just4fun
No, these people don't belong in first world countries.
The refugees mentioned in the original post aren't even actual refugees, they're Turks who were attempting to claim refugee status based on family strife, not political oppression or conflict. Basically visa regulation dodgers.
And they weren't even accepted as refugees, they managed to gang rape a woman while being given special permission to stay in Japan while their application was being processed.

Look at Europe, it's sad. One of the world's greatest cultural centres, being destroyed by people who refuse to integrate and instead bring their backwards ideologies and behaviour in.

I don't think they caused any serious trouble with the local communities.
They do, the same thing happens in Japan with these barbaric people.
https://www.rt.com/news/319619-turkey-embassy-kurds-clashes/

Call me racist, but I still stick to my view that certain races have certain general traits. If that offends you, I'm sorry, but it's the truth.

Last edited:
Reactions: TokyoJoeblow
No, these people don't belong in first world countries.

And they weren't even accepted as refugees, they managed to gang rape a woman while being given special permission to stay in Japan while their application was being processed.

Look at Europe, it's sad. One of the world's greatest cultural centres, being destroyed by people who refuse to integrate and instead bring their backwards ideologies and behaviour in.

They do, the same thing happens in Japan with these barbaric people.
https://www.rt.com/news/319619-turkey-embassy-kurds-clashes/

Call me racist, but I still stick to my view that certain races have certain general traits. If that offends you, I'm sorry, but it's the truth.

I've lived in Europe a while in the past and know the situation as you described, and I don't agree to accept asylum seekers unconditionally like, say, Germany. I just don't like the fact that Japan is extremely strict in accepting refugees, mirroring its strict immigration policy. An exception for a few hundreds can be made, if not for thousands or tens of thousands, on compassionate grounds. It may make an important turning point to open up Japan....

Or I just want to see more girls like Elly Akira :p

Reactions: patty diaz
I don't know where the information comes from that situation in Germany is a mess now other than Trump propaganda. Situation has been a mess when over a million refugees came within a very short time-frame in a very unordered way with zero previous preparation. That would probably create a mess anywhere. The inflow however has been come to almost a complete stop since at least half a year. Why there are still a lot of challenges left, things are much more under control now.
None of those circumstances would be true for Japan.
However I don't think that Japan is particularly well suited for refugees. Society is relatively closed, cultural and language barrier are high and there are little to no existing communities etc.
Japan would be able to do a pretty good screening before taking anyone, so you could avoid problem groups like single young male.
I'm sure taking a few hundred /thousand orphans e.g. wouldn't create much of an issue, but I'm not sure if you are doing them a favor by taking them to Japan.

@TheScientist
You are aware that the vast majority of people already seek shelter in bordering countries?
Europe for a long time has played the "it's not our business" card for a long time which has set up the mess that happened. It's unlikely that refugees will suddenly start to swim to either America or Japan, but it's worth to note that almost all the terror organizations in that area are American born.

I know your all dear Trump preaches that all Muslims are potential terrorists, but one could also look at every person taken out of a desperate and hopeless war environment and given a perspective in life as one less potential terrorist.

In the connected world of today responsibility doesn't stop behind your borders. Doesn't matter whether you have a big ocean to hide behind like Japan or only a small sea like the UK. But of course there are different ways to take handle those. Taking refugees is not the only one.

Even the rich Persian Gulf states don't accept refugees despite the fact that so many of them are fellow Sunni Arabs. So, why should Japan?
not only the rich states, the many arab countries should be the first ones asked to host arab refugees as they speak the same language and share the same religion. they should be given resident cards in those countries so they can get the same kind of work they had in their countries.
many of the refugees are qualified people with a degree of education they can't use in many countries because of the language barrier.

actually those are the real refugees. those are the people who really lost something back there because of the war. the others are only taking advantage of the situation to immigrate legally while they can.

Reactions: Airnest
You are aware that the vast majority of people already seek shelter in bordering countries?

Well aware that many Syrians are in Jordan & Lebanon. Note I said gulf countries though. Both Jordan & Lebanon have already had destabilizing incidents with stateless Arabs before (see Black September, etc), they don't need more.

it's worth to note that almost all the terror organizations in that area are American born.

That's some golden shovel bullshit. I'm sorry to say but you don't know the history of the region if you can say that.

I know your all dear Trump

Not mine I assure you. I'm just someone who knows history and someone who has had his life threatened by Arabs here in Japan.

Reactions: TokyoJoeblow
they should be given resident cards in those countries so they can get the same kind of work they had in their countries.
In almost every case, stateless Arabs are never allowed those privileges in Arab host countries. The host countries can count on some relief from the UN/America/Europe white guilt funds. Plus doing what you describe wound completely screw up already unstable ecomies.

Well aware that many Syrians are in Jordan & Lebanon. Note I said gulf countries though. Both Jordan & Lebanon have already had destabilizing incidents with stateless Arabs before (see Black September, etc), they don't need more.
The hypocrite gulf countries don't even easily accept immigrants from peaceful Arab countries (except when they import prostitutes).

Reactions: TheScientist
In almost every case, stateless Arabs are never allowed those privileges in Arab host countries. The host countries can count on some relief from the UN/America/Europe white guilt funds. Plus doing what you describe wound completely screw up already unstable ecomies.
not necessarily, economy isn't a limited size big cake people will have to share. with more people you can make the cake bigger, especially educated people. and Syria had a high level of education compared to most Arab countries.

Reactions: Simonka
not necessarily, economy isn't a limited size big cake people will have to share. with more people you can make the cake bigger, especially educated people. and Syria had a high level of education compared to most Arab countries.
The gulf countries OTOH have had very little luck moving away from extractive industries. Their problems are structural and would probably be made worse with foreign skilled labor. In and case, most Syrians who haven't already resettled in better ecomies aren't the doctors & lawyers.

I'm not arguing zero som or lump of labor but pointing out why even the gulf countries much less Jordan & Lebanon won't do this.

The gulf countries OTOH have had very little luck moving away from extractive industries. Their problems are structural and would probably be made worse with foreign skilled labor. In and case, most Syrians who haven't already resettled in better ecomies aren't the doctors & lawyers.

I'm not arguing zero som or lump of labor but pointing out why even the gulf countries much less Jordan & Lebanon won't do this.
I'm not talking about gulf countries mate.
and I was pointing the resident card issue because refugees will fail to blend in countries like Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, Lebanon ... if they can't have the right to work without restrictions.

and they don't need to be doctors or lawyers, even someone who makes kebab can participate in a country's economy.

I've seen how Palestinians who fled to Lebanon decades ago are still stuck with a refugee status and restrictions that can only allow them to work on the black market and the reason was more political than economical, actually it's even worse for the economy to deny them resident cards.

because refugees will fail to blend in countries like Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, Lebanon ... if they can't have the right to work without restrictions.

That and North African Arab countries speak a different dialect of Arabic ...

even someone who makes kebab can participate in a country's economy.

Structural problems again because *legally* running small businesses in the Arab world is worse than running black market businesses due to the dead hand of the state.