Guest viewing is limited

Should Japan accept refugees?

That and North African Arab countries speak a different dialect of Arabic ...
in the streets yeah but "they" (or should I say we as I'm from North Africa too) learn the same classic arabic at school and use it in news paper and tv. they can communicate in that language and it wouldn't take them long to learn the local Arabic. We even have Chinese people who learnt local Arabic why not Syrians. I actually know some Syrians, Lebanese and Egyptian people who live here (North African Country) and there is no language issue.

Structural problems again because *legally* running small businesses in the Arab world is worse than running black market businesses due to the dead hand of the state.
you'll need to explain why it is and what dead hand are you talking about.

If so then my exaggerations are based on both what I've heard from people from the region as well as read in numerous economic reports.
that's what overexagerating people do : take an actual eventual factor and transform it to a huge parameter.

that's what overexagerating people do : take an actual eventual factor and transform it to a huge parameter.
If one report or one person told me that then I could agree with you here but it seems to be consistent across unrelated sources.

If one report or one person told me that then I could agree with you here but it seems to be consistent across unrelated sources.
or you could be distorting truth so whatever you read or hear you'll end up with the strange conclusion that doing a legit business is worse than working in the black market for the country's economy.
I doubt any economic report ever said such a thing.

I don't believe Japan is a well-suited country for refugees.

After seeing what happened to some other countries and hearing first person accounts of what has transpired... if the people wanting help cannot respect the rules of the land, then I for one don't want them here.

All of those store fronts in Japan that put their products on the street, where the majority of people don't steal, won't exist any more if the level of safety, security and respect is diminished with accepting refugees who won't care.

I realize that some people really do need help and may work hard to fit in, but the majority rules in this case. Sorry.

I agree with you 1000%. I've lived all over the world and can easily adapt. However, I do not see refugees fitting in well, adapting or anything of the sort.
For me, the solution is to fix the problems where they begin. In their countries...that are being bombed, invaded and attacked by western powers. Politics and greed is killing them.
Japan should perhaps contribute to ease the situations where they can but I could not support a massive dump of refugees here. It would change things overnight. Rapes, murders, muggings, robberies. Poor sanitary conditions and not following the rules. I like rules. I like shinto. I like Japanese girls, food architecture and everything else. I have no plans to organize protests against the Japanese way of life.

I lived in Morocco off and on for more than 10 years. I was married there. Worked in the music and film business there. Food, women, culture, music...wonderful. Doing business? What a nightmare. Marrying a girl from Marrakech and trying to get her papers in order? Good fucking grief.

Reactions: Ken1988
I don't know where the information comes from that situation in Germany is a mess now other than Trump propaganda.

I have quite a large amount of family in Germany, in multiple cities. From their accounts, the situation is not good. At all.

I have quite a large amount of family in Germany, in multiple cities. From their accounts, the situation is not good. At all.

I have spent the majority of this year in Germany in a variety of places. Guess I'm entitled to my own opinion.
Germany has a strong anti foreigners / anti migrants movement especially in areas that have little to no foreigners in the first place. Not near as strong as in other European countries, but nevertheless very populistic.
Crime rates especially sexual delicts are very low among actual refugees. The main offenders in that area (among foreigners) are north Africans (Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria etc.).
There have been incidents like new year in Cologne that have been pretty bad, but that is not happening daily.
A lot has changed since the beginning of the year. There is surely still a lot to do, but the situation is far from bad or a mess. Of course we might just have different definitions of a mess.

The only thing for sure is that I don't want to see muslims in Japan. Period.
The day it happens I will probably have to move to Antarctic as the last resort.

It seems to me that allowing 100,000 Syrians into Japan would be like giving the enemy the high ground. That is a crazy number! 27 were allowed in and immediately 2 or 3 raped a Japanese woman. Since the males, whether fleeing war or not, do not respect women, this number would greatly escalate. Then one would have to wonder how they would work in Japan considering the language, religious, and cultural differences. I don't see Japanese people allowing so many days off of work for religious worship. I also don't see how Japan could give up pork. Japan is the leader in pork consumption in the world I read. As it is the immigrants from particular parts of the Middle East have attacked bacon, pork, and pig farms! There are instances of harrassment of pork lovers in the news by such people. Sure, today they are refugees and need a new home, tomorrow they are they neighbors everybody hates. I just don't see how Japan is suited for this from that standpoint and then there is the head gear and schools. As far as I know, Japan doesn't allow burqas in schools. At least I have heard this.

Reactions: MossBoss
i got a mosque close to where i am living... im sure from time to time muslims are visiting that place (in fact i knew lots of japanese women who are interested in muslim culture and ive then dozens of japanese women (but nearly no men) visiting the mosque)...
since when do foreigners decide if/when/how other foreigners can enter a country? i know most would like to be on the regulating side, but thats not the way it works... someone once said (in a slightly different context and slightly altered): if that would start, youd be the first to go...

i got a mosque close to where i am living... im sure from time to time muslims are visiting that place (in fact i knew lots of japanese women who are interested in muslim culture and ive then dozens of japanese women (but nearly no men) visiting the mosque)...
since when do foreigners decide if/when/how other foreigners can enter a country? i know most would like to be on the regulating side, but thats not the way it works... someone once said (in a slightly different context and slightly altered): if that would start, youd be the first to go...

Do they blare the adhan (call to prayer) from loudspeakers five times per day? That's what one gets in Malaysia, etc.

Reactions: TokyoJoeblow
ha! im not that close, but they do have speakers,though... but honestly, i dont think they really use them here... malaysia is of course way more into islam, than japan is... so im quite sure they are either not allowed to use it whenever they want to (that was the case where i am from), or they just dont do it, because they dont want to upset anyone and just practise their religion and have some community center...

Reactions: SugoiBoy

Well, some of us are fairly integrated into Japanese society. We have Japanese families, relatives and we live in neighborhoods or towns dominated by Japanese. Foreigners are tolerated more than they are welcome...I could give you a long list of complaints many Japanese have against foreigners. I find it is better to adapt or leave. Personally, I prefer to stay.

ha! im not that close, but they do have speakers,though... but honestly, i dont think they really use them here... malaysia is of course way more into islam, than japan is... so im quite sure they are either not allowed to use it whenever they want to (that was the case where i am from), or they just dont do it, because they dont want to upset anyone and just practise their religion and have some community center...

I wasn't aware Japan was "into" islam at all. lol. Malaysia and Indonesia are mostly Shiite I believe. Talk about a bad time. I was a practicing Sunni for some years when I was married to a Muslim girl from Marrakech.

Reactions: Ken1988
I wasn't aware Japan was "into" islam at all. lol. Malaysia and Indonesia are mostly Shiite I believe. Talk about a bad time. I was a practicing Sunni for some years when I was married to a Muslim girl from Marrakech.

I agree. Japan is not "into" Islam at all. There were tens of thousands of Iranians in Japan in the early 1990s. They didn't have much influence over the Japanese society, and most of them have returned back to Iran by now.

I think most Indonesians and Malaysians are Sunnis, but I'm not sure how many of them are the Sufis. As far as I know, the Sufis are the most liberal among the Muslims. I have Arab friends and business partners from Tunisia, Egypt, Lebanon, Syria and Yemen. Some of them, Muslims, actually drink alcohol. They told me that the prophet Muhammad (PUBH) did not ban alcohol. They claimed that (in bars in European cities) even a Muslim was allowed to drink beer or wine or whiskey or whatever as long as he/she is not intoxicated.

Reactions: Simonka
https://i.imgur.com/ZQPktK8.jpg

"I wanted to pray in the open, but I was kind of scared with everything going on in the media. I'm a Muslim, it's not what the media portrays me to be. If people look at me, a Muslim praying, I don't know what they're going to think, what's going to happen. But, I don't blame them. It's the media that put that picture in their heads so they're just going to have it and it, it's going to make them feel uncomfortable. I was kind of scared right now." - Abdul Razak Ali Artan, Moderate Muslim

Oops, I was so scared I accidentally cut up some people with a butcher knife! Sorry bout that! We're really a peaceful religion, I swear!

https://i.imgur.com/ZQPktK8.jpg

"I wanted to pray in the open, but I was kind of scared with everything going on in the media. I'm a Muslim, it's not what the media portrays me to be. If people look at me, a Muslim praying, I don't know what they're going to think, what's going to happen. But, I don't blame them. It's the media that put that picture in their heads so they're just going to have it and it, it's going to make them feel uncomfortable. I was kind of scared right now." - Abdul Razak Ali Artan, Moderate Muslim

Pray at home, DUMBASS.

All religions should be kept private.

Pray at home, DUMBASS.

All religions should be kept private.

Haha, I like Japan's shrines and temples, don't see a reason for them to be private. I think as long as religion can peacefully coexist with modern society, it's totally fine... the problem is when it can't.

Reactions: TheScientist