Guest viewing is limited

Should Japan accept refugees?

What happens in 30 years when the migrants become old? Bring in a few more million to cover the now even bigger pension burden.....

Are you being facetious? I'm not saying suck in as many refugees as possible and then treat nothing else like it has changed.. but competition, innovation and drive require hungry minds and ambition.

Japan will figure out what it WANTS to do but the pension burden and lifetime employment on the young is a real concern and future generations pay that price. Some energetic young blood from immigration would be just a band aid.

Some energetic young blood from immigration would be just a band aid.
This right here. Keyword: Immigrants; not refuges. Refuges end up being a further societal burden, both socially and economically.

What Japan needs is to start fixing it's economy; more venture capitalists, banks willing to give out riskier loans, etc. There's a slow change going on right now, but the way Japanese society is structured, it's built to encourage mediocrity and risk aversion. When your society federally taxes people who earn more than $100k/year at 50%, on top of prefectural taxes, property taxes, etc, you don't encourage those guys to stick around. Those guys are the ones starting new companies, innovating new ideas, and more importantly, employing people at competitive salaries. When young people are employed and making money, they get married, have kids, birth rate problem gets fixed.

After hearing how the syrian GOVERNMENT knocks on the doors on innocent citizen in Aleppo and shoots them in the face when they open, and the fact that workers who are there to evacuate people get SHOT, i think its anyone's human duty to help those poor souls and get them to safety.

After hearing how the syrian GOVERNMENT knocks on the doors on innocent citizen in Aleppo and shoots them in the face when they open, and the fact that workers who are there to evacuate people get SHOT, i think its anyone's human duty to help those poor souls and get them to safety.
This happens in more countries than you want to know.

Reactions: KumaDog and static