That's one way to do it...

What would be the equivalent profession that'd be able to "treat" my situation then? Dating Coach, I guess? Most certainly not a therapist lmao.
Well, let me tell you how it sounds from the outside (and really there is zero judgement here, I’m way more f’ed up):
1) You said you mentally snapped
2) You haven’t had a relationship at 25, which probably puts a ton of mental pressure on you (peers, society, yourself…)
3) You are going to uproot your life where you live and move to a country on the (presumably) other side of the world where you know zero people
4) You are planning on taking up two terrible vices, drinking and mongering, in a country you have never been to

That’s a lot of potential baggage to bring into your first relationship, a therapist can help you work through this and if you don’t want to do it for yourself consider doing it for your future girlfriend :)

Edited: minding my own shit ✌️

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: requiemmorrow
Got it, gives me a good start! I'll have to keep an eye out for any concerts going on during my trip then. I'm sure I can figure out some other stuff to do too.

Getting invited to get drinks would be pretty crazy. In that situation, I'd continue the momentum and accept. I'll just make sure to drink the lightest drink... whatever it is.

So, I guess the verdict is I won't go out of my way to do it, but if invited I will.
I go off the booze for months at a time, and have no problem going to bars. I just order a soda water with a bit of lime. You don't have to drink alcohol to be in a bar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fumisancho79