That's one way to do it...

Now that we are on the topic of Paris, can I chime in?

I remember going there maybe 20 years ago and everyone was such an arsehole.
Then 10 years ago everyone was fucking lovely.

I think maybe the economy had an impact. 20 years ago everyone could afford to be an arsehole. 10 years ago, maybe not.

And also I remember walking to my hotel some time in 2011 and walking past a group of youths who were playing with a tazer. lol. I felt so happy to make it home in one piece on that trip.

There was a time when you were funny. These days you’re just a bitter piece of shit hurling abuse left and right. Seriously - shut the fuck up.

There was a time when you weren’t a hyper-sensitive crybaby but at least I was courteous enough not to point that out. Perhaps this one hit a little too close to home? I know you see yourself as the unofficial forum hall monitor and volunteer social justice enforcement officer but if silly comments by drunken idiots on the internet make your areolas hurt then that’s on you.

On a serious note, ask yourself: How does it benefit any expat P4P regular here to encourage guys like this? These kinds of stunted weirdos sauntering up to the few gaijin-friendly establishments with their Google Translate apps and decades of insecurity and social-awkwardness is exactly how and why those establishments might rethink their policies toward foreigners.

But hey, I don’t live in Japan anymore and my P4P glory days are well behind me so this really doesn’t concern me, personally. And even if every SL in Japan instituted a Japanese-only rule I’d probably still be able to get in. I’m just thinking of all the expat veterans of this pastime. You want to be the spiritual guru and tour guide for all of Canada’s 40yo virgins then that’s perfectly ok, also. You do you.

There was a time when you weren’t a hyper-sensitive crybaby but at least I was courteous enough not to point that out. Perhaps this one hit a little too close to home? I know you see yourself as the unofficial forum hall monitor and volunteer social justice enforcement officer but if silly comments by drunken idiots on the internet make your areolas hurt then that’s on you.

On a serious note, ask yourself: How does it benefit any expat P4P regular here to encourage guys like this? These kinds of stunted weirdos sauntering up to the few gaijin-friendly establishments with their Google Translate apps and decades of insecurity and social-awkwardness is exactly how and why those establishments might rethink their policies toward foreigners.

But hey, I don’t live in Japan anymore and my P4P glory days are well behind me so this really doesn’t concern me, personally. And even if every SL in Japan instituted a Japanese-only rule I’d probably still be able to get in. I’m just thinking of all the expat veterans of this pastime. You want to be the spiritual guru and tour guide for all of Canada’s 40yo virgins then that’s perfectly ok, also. You do you.
You're so boring. Please stop.

Anyway, now that we sufficiently scared OP…

6 years of self-studied Japanese is no small feat, and it also sounds like you are making this trip specifically to break through any social anxiety you may have at home and which has been holding you back. I really think that’s brave and admirable.

Also, to some of the more negative comments here - Tokyo is a fucking big place with 37 million people, there are probably a few million people here who are much more socially awkward than OP.

Now for the drinking and P4P - this will not fix any issues you may think you have. Making friends here and trying to strike up a real relationship with people is going to change everything. My advice is to find a hobby here, join a club of like-minded people, go out to concerts, enroll in a language school etc and you’ll become a new person.

A lot of "weebs" are actually doing better than other people coming into Japan because those "weebs" actually put the effort in to learn about Japan and some of the cultural norms before setting foot here. Now I am not saying every single weeb does that but the people I have known for a few years who are/were heavily into anime did not go to Japan with some rose-tinted view of a perfect place.

Perhaps another one of those things that some of the older guard has not adjusted to. Things change, information is easier to gather, the average weeb from the 2000s is different from the one in the 2020s. There's always going to be the weirdo but in general I feel like most people I know are pretty good...

And also: if there is one thing people love to talk about it's fucking anime. People don't like to hear it and still want to perpetrate the idea that Japanese people shun anime watchers but there are a shitload of Japanese people who casually watched any of the super big series of the past few years. They may not be into anime any deeper than that but every single person I talked to in Japan has watched SOMETHING. This old-ass sushi chef and his wife talked to me about Demon Slayer, the barber recognised one of my keychains from a series, as did the cute assistant.

Should try talking to more average Japanese women then!
This is so true. About half the providers ask me at some point if I like anime, and they usually have 2-3 shows they are deep into. Maybe not Bleach but Spy Family for example. Actually it’s probably any woman below 30 who will talk to me about anime…and I usually don’t have much to contribute except super old ones like Evangelion lol.

I dunno if that is true any more. I have very little interest in anime but all four of my team members - all female, all young, all quite fit, actually - are into anime. They book days off work to watch new anime movies. Their playlists are anime theme songs. I reckon if you asked them about anime they would bite your arm off for a chat.

I dunno if that is true any more. I have very little interest in anime but all four of my team members - all female, all young, all quite fit, actually - are into anime. They book days off work to watch new anime movies. Their playlists are anime theme songs. I reckon if you asked them about anime they would bite your arm off for a chat.
I guess it’s just you who have a type then ! 😄
(And no judgment, As long as they are not underage-young , whatever floats your boat my friend!)

Reactions: uktrav
And also: if there is one thing people love to talk about it's fucking anime. People don't like to hear it and still want to perpetrate the idea that Japanese people shun anime watchers but there are a shitload of Japanese people who casually watched any of the super big series of the past few years. They may not be into anime any deeper than that but every single person I talked to in Japan has watched SOMETHING. This old-ass sushi chef and his wife talked to me about Demon Slayer, the barber recognised one of my keychains from a series, as did the cute assistant.

I haven't really watched anime in years...but you are very right about that.

Lol, I am currently back to watching daily because providers recommended a lot of stuff to me......they are young, so of course most of them like watching anime. Easy to talk about and I didn't expect to enjoy it again that much after a longer break of not watching anything.

Reactions: Tabanico
Lol, I am currently back to watching daily because providers recommended a lot of stuff to me......they are young, so of course most of them like watching anime. Easy to talk about and I didn't expect to enjoy it again that much after a longer break of not watching anything.
Lol same here

The age where people were made fun of for watching anime have been over for like ten years. Even when I was in high school people would shit on kids who watched it, now kids bully you for not having watched the latest KnY season.

The age where people were made fun of for watching anime have been over for like ten years. Even when I was in high school people would shit on kids who watched it, now kids bully you for not having watched the latest KnY season.
Not all anime fans are weebs but all weebs are anime fans.

Things can be cool and cringe at the same time, depending on who is doing it.

Reactions: Danbo

Well, now, you've got me a little bit confused. I was under the impression that, after you were all butthurt and crying over my observations on male bisexuality some ways back and declared in righteous indignation that I was officially on your ignore list, that you weren't following anything I posted here? What changed?

Kinda reminds me of all those d-bag celebrities who promise to "move to Canada" when they aren't happy about who wins presidential elections, and then of course they never do. I have a lot more respect for folks who follow through on their promises. But again maybe that's why you didn't make your 20 years.

Well, curiosity did kill the cat, as it obviously did your determination to ignore me.

But for the record:

1) I have never demanded respect, not here nor anywhere. What kind of sad, delusional moron would go online looking for "respect"??

2) That said, I respect your service and thank you for it. I'm very serious about this.

3) That final sentence makes it quite clear that you probably never had me on an ignore list in the first place and your whining and posturing was all bullshit.

4) And yes, I am a self-serving, raging prick and far more shameless than any politician I've ever worked for.

Could you please put me, for real, on your actual ignore list? That might make things easier. Have a great weekend, also.