The Anything Goes Thread

No more Inspector Canardo, he has done his last investigations. RIP Mr. Sokal.

250px-Canardo.jpg

Reactions: Frenchy
Reactions: Negi77

In defense of all of those cops, this did happen in Amagasaki and Nishinomiya. Those are two of the blandest, safest, most boring neighborhoods in Kansai, sandwiched between the eclectic, cosmopolitan hub of Kobe and the Tsunami of Stupid known as Osaka City. The most exciting thing to ever happen there was a JR conductor was probably masturbating on the job, ignored his speed and ended up derailing the train and taking out an apartment building. More than that, the Yamaguchi-Gumi is headquartered nearby, so the yaks have their own brand of neighborhood watch to make sure nothing happens. That means NOTHING goes on there. And we all know female "cops" are only hired for male supervisors to harass.

So if the girl is down for workplace dingaling, why not use the koban back office for something productive? Not like there's anything better to do at work. Certainly beats the shift commander having to discretely masturbate to schoolgirl manga in the back office while the young patrol guys end up beating off in the toilet. Consider it workplace cohesion and cooperation training. Japanese are supposed to love that.

Reactions: BB0523
More than that, the Yamaguchi-Gumi is headquartered nearby, so the yaks have their own brand of neighborhood watch to make sure nothing happens. That means NOTHING goes on there.

That brought back memories. Some years ago, we were invited to a BBQ at friends who live very near that place. They described where to park, but could not find it. So circling around several times around the Yamaguchi block, until a friendly yak came out asking if he could help.
Googled street views, it is near the Gokoku shrine (also went there for company hanami). This is the back entrance. Plenty of cameras.
Capture.JPG

Reactions: Keihan and Frenchy
That brought back memories. Some years ago, we were invited to a BBQ at friends who live very near that place. They described where to park, but could not find it. So circling around several times around the Yamaguchi block, until a friendly yak came out asking if he could help.
Googled street views, it is near the Gokoku shrine (also went there for company hanami). This is the back entrance. Plenty of cameras.
View attachment 16590

its crazy if you think about it. In which developed country the mob have a well-know, official, registered headquarters ? :dead:

Reactions: Negi77 and SugoiBoy
View attachment 16590

You got some rich friends. I had a buddy living in Ashiya many years ago, but we stopped hanging out near his place as the people were ridiculously snobby, everything was expensive and the chinpira punks hanging out near the station would always fuck with my buddies (white guys). I never dared go near the Yamaguchi HQ, just to be safe. But you're right about the actual "member" yaks--they're always very cordial and polite to regular old civilians. The Yamaguchi third-in-line underboss actually lived across the street from me, so I'd have to interact with members pretty often in public. They were always very civil to us.

Many years ago, I got to be very close friends (seriously just platonic) with a lady whose uncle was an underboss of one of the other notorious gangs in Japan, and her family was always very pleasant to me. The older guys loved the story of my family being illiterate, unwanted countryside Japanese trash that made it in America...guess they could relate. I was scared shitless at first, but they were perfectly happy to give me a tour of the HQ then take me drinking where they'd entertain themselves by playing jokes on the wait staff. Not sure if the staff and patrons were just terrified and smiling and laughing to be polite, probably were, but I have to admit I enjoyed the deferential treatment. I was obviously just a dipshit kid in jeans, cowboy boots and a tight metrosexual t-shirt, but whenever I got up to piss, all the staff in the hallway would freeze, step aside and bow their heads. Closest thing to the celebrity experience I've had in this life.

You got some rich friends. I had a buddy living in Ashiya many years ago, but we stopped hanging out near his place as the people were ridiculously snobby, everything was expensive and the chinpira punks hanging out near the station would always fuck with my buddies (white guys). I never dared go near the Yamaguchi HQ, just to be safe. But you're right about the actual "member" yaks--they're always very cordial and polite to regular old civilians. The Yamaguchi third-in-line underboss actually lived across the street from me, so I'd have to interact with members pretty often in public. They were always very civil to us.

Many years ago, I got to be very close friends (seriously just platonic) with a lady whose uncle was an underboss of one of the other notorious gangs in Japan, and her family was always very pleasant to me. The older guys loved the story of my family being illiterate, unwanted countryside Japanese trash that made it in America...guess they could relate. I was scared shitless at first, but they were perfectly happy to give me a tour of the HQ then take me drinking where they'd entertain themselves by playing jokes on the wait staff. Not sure if the staff and patrons were just terrified and smiling and laughing to be polite, probably were, but I have to admit I enjoyed the deferential treatment. I was obviously just a dipshit kid in jeans, cowboy boots and a tight metrosexual t-shirt, but whenever I got up to piss, all the staff in the hallway would freeze, step aside and bow their heads. Closest thing to the celebrity experience I've had in this life.

interesting . I slept in Ashiya a few nights but back in the days I didn’t know Y-gumi had their headquarters there. Seemed to me like a ridiculously posh area of Japan , not sure there is the right equivalent in Tokyo . Maybe Shoto near Shibuya?

interesting . I slept in Ashiya a few nights but back in the days I didn’t know Y-gumi had their headquarters there. Seemed to me like a ridiculously posh area of Japan , not sure there is the right equivalent in Tokyo . Maybe Shoto near Shibuya?

From what I was always told, and this could be different now, the HQ and boss's house was in Ashiya. I've never actually seen either of them but I was always told it was "up that way" pointing inward toward the mountains. My friend's apartment was near the Hankyu station and we never strayed very far from there. Like I said, I couldn't stand the people in the area. Either arrogant rich people or illiterate chinpira at the station taking out their insecurities on random civilians. And the bars in the area seriously sucked. Hard to pay for 1,200 beers on eikaiwa wages.

Speaking about gumi bears ...
today I saw evil
He’s actually a very nice guy
A “friend” Invites you to meet him in an office suite in a posh hotel... you didn’t know you can convert hotel suites into offices , well now you know ...
he’s charismatic , he’s “advisor” to dozens of firms you never heard of, he shows you his pics with a famous American actor, martial arts champions, his wife is a beautiful c-list actress...
there is an ex-Jiminto under-secretary of whatever in the room , barely speaking but lending credence to the whole “non-profit association” who officially invited you...
the guy serving you drinks is young, tanned, and has more muscles than you knew existed
They all laugh a bit too loud at your silly jokes
The pitch is about a miracle investment into a new crypto system only great Japan can do... or quasi-magical pharmaceuticals only proud Japan can produce
You could actually get rich, who knows... its not really your investment they want. Its the credibility of your namecard...
by the way he gave you one , with a name on it having zero relevant hit on Google...
You thank for the (sumptuous) drinks and food . They say you could even stay the night if you want... they can arrange for a lady to meet you, wink wink...
You thank again for the drinks and say politely you will think about the proposal...
Really nice guys

Speaking about gumi bears ...
today I saw evil
He’s actually a very nice guy
A “friend” Invites you to meet him in an office suite in a posh hotel... you didn’t know you can convert hotel suites into offices , well now you know ...
he’s charismatic , he’s “advisor” to dozens of firms you never heard of, he shows you his pics with a famous American actor, martial arts champions, his wife is a beautiful c-list actress...
there is an ex-Jiminto under-secretary of whatever in the room , barely speaking but lending credence to the whole “non-profit association” who officially invited you...
the guy serving you drinks is young, tanned, and has more muscles than you knew existed
They all laugh a bit too loud at your silly jokes
The pitch is about a miracle investment into a new crypto system only great Japan can do... or quasi-magical pharmaceuticals only proud Japan can produce
You could actually get rich, who knows... its not really your investment they want. Its the credibility of your namecard...
by the way he gave you one , with a name on it having zero relevant hit on Google...
You thank for the (sumptuous) drinks and food . They say you could even stay the night if you want... they can arrange for a lady to meet you, wink wink...
You thank again for the drinks and say politely you will think about the proposal...
Really nice guys
Sounds like Bitcoin Bob to me. Sounds like his game has changed. I avoided the silly jokes though. :p:D:):p

Sounds like Bitcoin Bob to me. Sounds like his game has changed. I avoided the silly jokes though. :p:D:):p
You really know the creme de la creme , J4F!
If Bitcoin Bob is Japanese and a pal of Steven Seagal (as if the rest of the set-up was not shady enough :ROFLMAO:) then yeah, might be him

If Bitcoin Bob is Japanese and a pal of Steven Seagal (as if the rest of the set-up was not shady enough :ROFLMAO:) then yeah, might be him
You whooped me on this one pretty good. He had the suite alright, and that Thailand made Rolex and silk shirt (not as nice as yours btw) but I went on a dare promising to keep a straight face. BB is an American as if it was Japanese I'd just be saying eto nondikai and nama beer.....awa skunamai

Reactions: Frenchy

Speaking of Bitcoin Bob what's the best crypto exchange in Japan for algo trading?