The #MeToo Madness is convulsing America

Actually i skimmed through the ny times article.
It was mostly the author just regurgitating stuff that was written by more intelligent people without really adding anything, but i loved the last paragraph;

“I’m not asking for male consciousness-raising groups; let’s start with a basic understanding that masculinity is a subject worth thinking about. That alone would be an immense step forward. If you want to be a civilized man, you have to consider what you are. Pretending to be something else, some fiction you would prefer to be, cannot help. It is not morality but culture — accepting our monstrosity, reckoning with it — that can save us. If anything can.”

Like asking someone out for a drink, right? Well, according to studies, 1 in 4 of today's young women (millennials) believe it is sexual harassment if someone asks them out for a drink. 1 in 3 thinks it's harassment if someone compliments them on their appearance. You just haven't been paying attention.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/2385...-think-compliments-drink-amanda-prestigiacomo
https://www.economist.com/graphic-d...-partly-on-whom-you-ask?fsrc=scn/tw/te/bl/ed/

Yikes, guy, have you ever sat down and thought about the womens perspective on this? Really, go find a quiet spot, sit down, and think about this because you are living in some crazy delusion, my friend.

I dont mind if a guy asks if I want a drink. That's fine. But I've had guys physically grab me from behind and say "hey, baby, how about I get you a drink" I even had a guy off the street, after politely declining his request for a conbini drink, take me by the shoulders and physically push me into a family mart so hard that I tripped and fell into a display shelf.

If someone comments on a specific part of my outfit, I am always flattered and usually in a much better mood because of it. If a guy came up to me and said he liked my shoes I would be over the moon! But if your first comment is on my tits were gonna have some serious issues.

If you're a decent human being this should be a no brainer.

have you ever sat down and thought about the womens perspective on this?

If you're a decent human being...

Not only on issues such as those associated with #MeToo but in almost all interactions between people, if everyone makes honest efforts to see things from other people's perspectives and to be (treat them) decently, all the problems melt away. It sounds Sunday School naive and innocent, but ime it works like magic, incredibly well.

-Ww

Yikes, guy, have you ever sat down and thought about the womens perspective on this? Really, go find a quiet spot, sit down, and think about this because you are living in some crazy delusion, my friend.

I dont mind if a guy asks if I want a drink. That's fine. But I've had guys physically grab me from behind and say "hey, baby, how about I get you a drink" I even had a guy off the street, after politely declining his request for a conbini drink, take me by the shoulders and physically push me into a family mart so hard that I tripped and fell into a display shelf.

If someone comments on a specific part of my outfit, I am always flattered and usually in a much better mood because of it. If a guy came up to me and said he liked my shoes I would be over the moon! But if your first comment is on my tits were gonna have some serious issues.

If you're a decent human being this should be a no brainer.

If the second comment is on your tits, we’re good? :D
(Sorry, could not resist. Also I totally relate, I prefer ladies not comment on my boobs too)

Well done on getting laid. You are super cool.

Thanks. Point is, it worked just the way it always has. MeToo isn’t wrecking the world for men, or even making it harder to get laid except for those who were being dickheads about it in the first place.

As hetero males from developed countries, we are not the oppressed here.

100% correct. The men whining about the so-called “attack on masculinity” today as though they’re the oppressed frankly all need to grow a pair.

As hetero males from developed countries, we are not the oppressed here.

But I do always find it worth shedding some tears when white guys in Japan complain about racism and oppression. Sucks to get a glimpse how the rest of the world lives, doesn't it?

Like asking someone out for a drink, right? Well, according to studies, 1 in 4 of today's young women (millennials) believe it is sexual harassment if someone asks them out for a drink. 1 in 3 thinks it's harassment if someone compliments them on their appearance. You just haven't been paying attention.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/2385...-think-compliments-drink-amanda-prestigiacomo
https://www.economist.com/graphic-d...-partly-on-whom-you-ask?fsrc=scn/tw/te/bl/ed/
3 our of 4 people, out of which 2 are women, believe in all kinds of incredibly stupid shit. Like angels. Or like tea that makes you thin. So what?

Reactions: impish
Actually i skimmed through the ny times article.
It was mostly the author just regurgitating stuff that was written by more intelligent people without really adding anything, but i loved the last paragraph;

“I’m not asking for male consciousness-raising groups; let’s start with a basic understanding that masculinity is a subject worth thinking about. That alone would be an immense step forward. If you want to be a civilized man, you have to consider what you are. Pretending to be something else, some fiction you would prefer to be, cannot help. It is not morality but culture — accepting our monstrosity, reckoning with it — that can save us. If anything can.”

That last paragraph sounds a lot like Jordan Peterson - a Canadian man who has managed to piss off every extreme liberal of every known variety in the known universe but at the same time keep himself unassociated with and distinct from every known alt right, neoNazi ultra conservative ultranationalist out there. A neat trick.

That last paragraph sounds a lot like Jordan Peterson - a Canadian man who has managed to piss off every extreme liberal of every known variety in the known universe but at the same time keep himself unassociated with and distinct from every known alt right, neoNazi ultra conservative ultranationalist out there. A neat trick.

I like it. Admit what / who you are; a man that wants to fuck. We all wanna fuck. Dont pretend you dont wanna fuck the hot OL sitting across from you, dont pretend you dont take time out of your day to go to asian feeling or NHP or whatever when you are horny and cant focus. But at the same time dont treat women like shit. Its possible to do both, but most people dont wanna admit it.

MEN ARE THE VICTIMS OF AN ANTI SEXUAL ASSAULT MOVEMENT BECAUSE THEY CANT APPROACH WOMEN THE SAME WAY!!! I AM DYING.

If you seriously cant think of an appropriate way to approach a woman without pissing her off( or worse), then -and I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, buddy- #metoo hypersensitivity was never the problem.
In all seriousness though, I do think hypersensitivity IS an issue in general. With things like helicopter parenting, college students crying for safe spaces, or any altercations between a cop and an African American automatically assumed as racist in nature, we're seeing a generation full of wimps. What's worse is that instead of individuals hiding within their "bubble", we see them lashing out and trying to take away anything that they deem to be "offensive".

However to say that men are becoming the "victim" because of the #MeToo movement would be a BIG stretch. I haven't heard it affecting anyone's social life, and for the most part it only focuses on those who are or have been attacking women in some way. Besides, if you ever do meet a lady that interprets your an innocent attempt at flirting with her as some sort of harassment, I wouldn't see why you'd want to be with that miserable psycho anyway.

But I do always find it worth shedding some tears when white guys in Japan complain about racism and oppression. Sucks to get a glimpse how the rest of the world lives, doesn't it?
So in your one horsepower mind it is white people who are responsible for the racism and oppression in the world? And when we come to Japan we get a little taste of our own medicine? No need for question marks because that is exactly what you are saying. Well I got news for you, you are a racist.

So in your one horsepower mind it is white people who are responsible for the racism and oppression in the world? And when we come to Japan we get a little taste of our own medicine? No need for question marks because that is exactly what you are saying. Well I got news for you, you are a racist.

Aaaah its been a while since we didnt have a good talk about racism. Game on! Where’s TJB? :D

Reactions: Simonka
Aaaah its been a while since we didnt have a good talk about racism. Game on! Where’s TJB? :D
TJB is awol. Probably in some kind of trouble. MikeH seems to be comfortable with the latest fun pastime of ultra liberal POC: shaming white people. I’ll have none of it. This place needs to be kept free of obviously racist comments. Please stand in solidarity with me.

TJB is awol. Probably in some kind of trouble. MikeH seems to be comfortable with the latest fun pastime of ultra liberal POC: shaming white people. I’ll have none of it. This place needs to be kept free of obviously racist comments. Please stand in solidarity with me.
Oh, we’re always the racists of someone.
I utterly despise Corsicans for instance. From the north; the southern ones are bearable. :)

Oh, we’re always the racists of someone.
I utterly despise Corsicans for instance. From the north; the southern ones are bearable. :)
I despise all races that are not of the porcine persuasion. When it come to Corsicans, I can't be bothered
with minor distinctions. I throw them in with all Mediterannians. Basically they suit the Buta temperment and get his sign of approval. They make good cheap wine and olive oil and dont make such a big fucking deal out it like the French. They like to roast small oily fish and big bell peppers over fires in their backyards. They like garlic. I could go on.

I despise all races that are not of the porcine persuasion. When it come to Corsicans, I can't be bothered
with minor distinctions. I throw them in with all Mediterannians. Basically they suit the Buta temperment and get his sign of approval. They make good cheap wine and olive oil and dont make such a big fucking deal out it like the French. They like to roast small oily fish and big bell peppers over fires in their backyards. They like garlic. I could go on.
And they gave birth to Napoleon who sold to you guys about 1/4 of the U.S territory for a ridiculously cheap price. Worst deal in history as DJT would say. So yes, be grateful ! :D

Well I got news for you, you are a racist.

That's not any news, it's a well established fact and has been announced also here in TAG long time ago.

I truly enjoy being white western heterosexual male. It's fucking amazing. We are the most privileged group in the whole world.

Reactions: Simonka and Frenchy
That's not any news, it's a well established fact and has been announced also here in TAG long time ago.

I truly enjoy being white western heterosexual male. It's fucking amazing. We are the most privileged group in the whole world.
Well then don’t be racist against white people! Like some fucking libtard US mediocre college girl who thinks that every white, successful male over 40 is by definition “part of the problem.”

Well then don’t be racist against white people!

I am racist against white people only in your little mind. I actually believe most parts of all solutions in the world are created by white, successful males over 40. And to be clear, most and worst racism in the world nowadays does not involve white people in either side.

The only thing I was originally saying was I find it really amusing when guys like me who are the most privileged group in the world complain about racism. Yeah, we are being victims of racism every now and then and it sucks. Now grew some balls and move on.