Guest viewing is limited

The Yoshiwara Soapland Resource Thread

Looks like the tax fully goes to tencho's pocket

At least they complain about it openly......but that really makes me angry. I mean they don't allow regular booking so Kaoru and the girls also have all the additional work reeling in costumers by making appointments and the asshat of a Tencho gets 100% of the increase. That's ugly.

maybe they want to reduce foreign customer a bit or grab some cash while at it.

yshirt market is 激安 with cheapest course at 12k yen. this might open up some rooms to japanese customers maybe lol.

this kind of move, hurt local gaijin the most. I barely got any increase in december. I guess it is time to find new job or hobby.

Reactions: R3mmles and Alice
Was surprised that they're allowed to talk shit on business accounts tbh. Shitty move still; had Ren booked but cancelling it out of principle

I know this is selfish coming from a tourist but if the increase for the darling course is also 6k, I'm willing to pay the fee for Kaoru. It's a dick move she'll get nothing from these 6k but I had a wonderful time with her and I want to see her again.

I planned to see other providers from Y-Shirt but the tax will certainly change my plans.

Reactions: Alice
I agree with everyone : having a tax is understandable if at least some of it goes to the provider (to encourage girls to host foreigners/align with an influx of demand/raise the service standard by offering more english-friendly options/etc.) but as it stands now I will simply not visit Y-Shirt in the future. Even a global increase would have been understandable by justifying an increase of operating costs for instance... If they are playing greedy and discriminatory they won't have my money !

I know this is selfish coming from a tourist but if the increase for the darling course is also 6k, I'm willing to pay the fee for Kaoru. It's a dick move she'll get nothing from these 6k but I had a wonderful time with her and I want to see her again.

I planned to see other providers from Y-Shirt but the tax will certainly change my plans.
What is more concerning is that we haven’t seen the new prices for the darling course yet, which makes me think that they’re trying to raise the price on that even more for foreigners.

Kaoru also posted about it on her Twitter. Wonder if they got so many foreign customers that they realised charging more might bring in more cash since the average foreign soapland visitor probably doesn't care or even know about this stuff or if there have been ~incidents~.
One can just hope her foreigner customer ratio drops. Not wishing her bad business but her shop.

assuming darling course has same gaijin tax, that would make it almost same like blue tokyo at 55k yen.

Kaoru gets good reviews on local p4p forums from a few different countries. I highly doubt an extra 20-40 USD will affect her popularity amongst tourists. The management probably already know this so they are trying to profit off the back of girls' popularity. It's a pretty stupid move not to share some of that extra tax though and risk upsetting the girls.

I highly doubt an extra 20-40 USD will affect her popularity amongst tourists
Well, some of us have live her permanently and the stupidity of tourists affect us.

Fortunately we will never share our real favourites since the market seems to react accordingly.

Always going backwards. TBH I understand if they charged an extra 1000 or 2000 for non Japanese speaking foreigners just because they are slightly harder to deal with... but any more than that is dumb. Also that would mean Japanese speaking foreigners shouldn't need to pay that fee.

I agree with everyone : having a tax is understandable if at least some of it goes to the provider (to encourage girls to host foreigners/align with an influx of demand/raise the service standard by offering more english-friendly options/etc.)
Yeah wtf. The front staff has to struggle with communication for what? 5 minutes? (And that is with the non Japanese speaking foreigners).
The girls have to go through whole sessions trying to communicate with people without being fluent in a common language.
Unless there have been physical fights between foreigners and front staff, that’s not fair. And if it’s only top management that’s gonna strike up the money and not the other front staff that’s also not fair.

Always going backwards. TBH I understand if they charged an extra 1000 or 2000 for non Japanese speaking foreigners just because they are slightly harder to deal with... but any more than that is dumb. Also that would mean Japanese speaking foreigners shouldn't need to pay that fee.
Yeah, doesn’t really make sense that the longer courses are more expensive if the money doesn’t go to the girls. That’s not extra work for the other staff..
only thing I can think of is that they are trying to make up for foreigners being less likely to be repeat customers, but that’s not fair to foreigners living in Japan.

Reactions: qcryp and Cinnabums
Well, now it is a good time to hold back the old recommendations.

Given how often I see people recommending Kaoru that may be a good idea. Speaking of recommendations, any particular shop that stands out in the mid to upper tier ranges? Looking at a few options but open to suggestions.

I had planned on going to see a couple different girls next time, now I think I'll visit once and check out some other shops from the spreadsheet.

The whole 'raising prices w/o paying the girls more' thing is infuriating, but it's not like there is anything we can really do about it unfortunately.

Found this on the English page for Y-Shirts, it appears to match up with what was shared earlier though someone would have to verify in person.

Screenshot (55).png

Well, some of us have live her permanently and the stupidity of tourists affect us.

Fortunately we will never share our real favourites since the market seems to react accordingly.
That's really sucks to hear. This forum has been a good place for information and not getting any more will suck, but I understand the concern of some folks making the experience worse for the good samaritans.

Well, he didn't say there's not going to be any more information. He just said that the old guard here is keeping their favourites to themselves, understandably.

only thing I can think of is that they are trying to make up for foreigners being less likely to be repeat customers, but that’s not fair to foreigners living in Japan.
As if there aren’t Japanese people who go on work trips and vacations and decide to go to a soapland before they leave