What music do you like to listen to?

I've noticed they seem to draw quite a few spinners

Thanks a lot. I'll make it a note to never listen to them or any other bands like them again. I don't know what I'd do without your advice.

Well RollingStone mag wrote that the real LedZep sucked for years , and they are supposed to be the experts so...

Well RollingStone mag wrote that the real LedZep sucked for years , and they are supposed to be the experts so...
Another Gospel for the ones who can't decide for themselves. I saw the 1st Zep Tour. Good band but the highlight was when JP came out with a Denelectro Double neck and played White Summer and Black Mountainside back and forth. (Maybe he actually wrote those 2 songs)

Another Gospel for the ones who can't decide for themselves. I saw the 1st Zep Tour. Good band but the highlight was when JP came out with a Denelectro Double neck and played White Summer and Black Mountainside back and forth. (Maybe he actually wrote those 2 songs)
I thought his double-neck was a Gibson?
Anyway now I am insanely jealous (and impressed) You saw them where?

I thought his double-neck was a Gibson?
Anyway now I am insanely jealous (and impressed) You saw them where?
Gibson now.......not then.........not 50 years ago. Asbury Park New Jersey Woodstock weekend.

https://www.guitartricks.com/forum/thread.php?t=30886

https://equipboard.com/pros/jimmy-page/danelectro-longhorn-double-neck-baritone-electric-guitar

Oh wait. Someones going to say this sucks....I just know it. Disregard this post as I don't want to upset any oversensitive people. Well, they can just tweet it and then they'll feel better.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeH
Gibson now.......not then.........not 50 years ago. Asbury Park New Jersey Woodstock weekend.
The famous concert for which they turned down Woodstock? (Or rather that would have been cancelled if they did Woodstock). Wow! Lucky man!

Reactions: Pk24 and just4fun
The famous concert for which they turned down Woodstock? (Or rather that would have been cancelled if they did Woodstock). Wow! Lucky man!
I really don't know their story so much. I was there cause I had a good friend in the opening act. Joe Cocker played 2nd and I know they flew there after they played.

Reactions: Sudsy and Frenchy
Rediscovered Alice in Chains and some of the older rock/metal that was out when I was younger. Music sure has changed...

Now I feel old

Reactions: Frenchy and MikeH
Reactions: Frenchy
Feeling quite sentimental lately.
Well, except for that time I read that sizzling review of a 3P with @Simonka and @User#8628.
Anyway, I’ve been listening to a lot of Norah Jones this week, especially her excellent first album with Blue Note in 2002.
Norah was a favourite of my former Tokyo regular, who still sneaks up in my dreams.
I hope this will be the last time that I play this type of music. I’m eager to listen to some Earth, Wind & Fire today and hit the gym.

Reactions: Ken1988 and Pk24
Feeling quite sentimental lately.
Well, except for that time I read that sizzling review of a 3P with @Simonka and @User#8628.
Anyway, I’ve been listening to a lot of Norah Jones this week, especially her excellent first album with Blue Note in 2002.
Norah was a favourite of my former Tokyo regular, who still sneaks up in my dreams.
I hope this will be the last time that I play this type of music. I’m eager to listen to some Earth, Wind & Fire today and hit the gym.

Norah Jones brings back some memories for me as well. It might be chick music, but i don't care.

Been listening to Pink Floyd a lot. "Shine on you crazy diamond" is strangely relaxing for work.

Norah Jones brings back some memories for me as well. It might be chick music, but i don't care.

Been listening to Pink Floyd a lot. "Shine on you crazy diamond" is strangely relaxing for work.

Love Norah too. Never crossed my mind that it’s « chick music ». She sings very well and with feelings you can nearly touch. She’s real.

Reactions: Majestyk
It seems most everyones 1st Album was the best. There are some exceptions but on the whole.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
It seems most everyones 1st Album was the best. There are some exceptions but on the whole.

Well, in a lot of cases, that would be because the second album was weak so they weren't given a chance to make any more after that.

Reactions: SugoiBoy and MikeH
Quick feedback from the GvF concert: yeah those guys are promising. LedZep level? Certainly not. Except the singer. Close your eyes he’s Plant at the peak. Next GnR? Maybe .... they just need to be a bit more original and kill the Buddha on their path

Reactions: just4fun
Well, in a lot of cases, that would be because the second album was weak so they weren't given a chance to make any more after that.

For most bands it used to take years and years of playing and practising before they got their first record deal. That meant they had a full album worth of good and tested songs to thrown into the first one.

Then if it caught on they would be asked to do a second album very fast and of course then the second was always the worst. Many did not survive that.

Quick feedback from the GvF concert: yeah those guys are promising. LedZep level? Certainly not. Except the singer. Close your eyes he’s Plant at the peak. Next GnR? Maybe .... they just need to be a bit more original and kill the Buddha on their path
Very good viewpoint. Couldn't agree more. Materials not all that strong. Even RP said they sound like Led Zep 2. Singer's the high point for sure but not a "bad" band by any means.

For most bands it used to take years and years of playing and practising before they got their first record deal. That meant they had a full album worth of good and tested songs to thrown into the first one.

Then if it caught on they would be asked to do a second album very fast and of course then the second was always the worst. Many did not survive that.
Back in the day that was the case as most songs on the 2nd are the ones that didn't make the 1st.

Back in the day that was the case as most songs on the 2nd are the ones that didn't make the 1st.
There are exceptions of course.............but generally speaking you're correct............I hate giving you credit though

Reactions: Sudsy
Reactions: SugoiBoy
As often , Soundgarden’s My Wave on repeat. Replacing “my Wave” with “my Wallet” in the lyrics. Silly pastime but makes me smile :D

Reactions: just4fun
Until bumping into the WFMU program on her last year, I didn't know Sachiko Kanenobu. She sang in simple but beautiful Japanese - a far cry from recent J-pops.

Reactions: Majestyk
Thank you for that clip, @Ken1988. I like this stuff.
It’s reminiscent of the simple, guitar-based American folk music invasion in the early 70s.
Now, I’m retrieving a selection of evergreen James Taylor and Jim Croce tracks in my music library.

Reactions: Ken1988