What music do you like to listen to?

Also remember hearing a lot of Depeche Mode and New Order when we were getting it on ;)

Ah, Depeche Mode
Back in the days we (the silly metal tribe at high school) dismissed them as « DesPedes Moches » (« some ugly fags »)
Truth is now I think they were actually quite good.
And we were the ones looking more gay with our silly MotleyCrue-on-the-cheap outfits :)

Last edited:
Rita Mitsouko. C’est comme ça

« That’s how it is »
Missing so much that old French pop silliness...

Reactions: Sudsy
My post-workout tune today: “Hey Nineteen” from all-time favourite, Steely Dan.

The Cuervo Gold
The fine Colombian
Make tonight a wonderful thing

My post-workout tune today: “Hey Nineteen” from all-time favourite, Steely Dan.

The Cuervo Gold
The fine Colombian
Make tonight a wonderful thing

Hey Nineteen - an awesome older man-younger girl (legal age) song. Steely Dan creates a lot of good music.

Reactions: Majestyk
Hey Nineteen - an awesome older man-younger girl (legal age) song. Steely Dan creates a lot of good music.

Yes, sir.

Their album GAUCHO remains an awesome listening experience for me today, just like the first time I heard it in Christmas 1980.

“Time Out of Mind” is another classic from that album.

Not sure if Americans, Canadians or Western Europeans generally like this style of music but it’s making me dance in the kitchen. I love Azis and how he embraces his cultural background & extravagant personality at the same time.

Not sure if Americans, Canadians or Western Europeans generally like this style of music but it’s making me dance in the kitchen. I love Azis and how he embraces his cultural background & extravagant personality at the same time.

Nice pick, @Simonka.

Check out “Chaiya Chaiya”, a song that was originally used in the 1998 Bollywood film DIL SE. It also served as the opening and closing theme, with some rap added, for the 2006 Spike Lee film INSIDE MAN. Enjoy!

86045AE8-2269-4898-97C1-D315A4178108.jpeg

I’ve been journaling to this lately.

Mehh

Reactions: MikeH
Been listening/watching the Beach Boys for the last few days. Time traveling. Really good stuff....except for the dancing. I think those guys invented Dad Dancing. :LOL:

I love me some (early) Stones.

On one of my recent trips to Tokyo I stumbled upon a theme bar that was named Star star after the Stones song. I don't know if Star star is obscure necessarily, but most people familiar with the Stones don't know that song in my experience. For me it's a favorite - cheeky, racy and with great energy. Never fails to put me in a good mood.

Anyway, I say this to the bartender upon arrival, and I would imagine they get people saying that all the time, but he was just super happy about it and immediately put on the song on full volume. That's one of the things I love about Japan; there's no niche or quirk too small to find other people with that exact same interest. And then they usually do something with that passion, like opening an entire bar revolving around one song.

My second request on that first visit was this song, another Stones favorite of mine. He's most likely drugged out of his mind, but boy does Mick both look and sound spectacular here.

My vitamin D levels dropped watching this but still an amazing song :)

Welcome to my world! Though, to be fair, it appears this is a French project.

Iceland is really where it's all at music-wise. I've never even seen the show where the clip is from, but this dance scene to the soundtrack of Sigur Ros' amazing song Varúð is preeetty cool imo.

Welcome to my world! Though, to be fair, it appears this is a French project.

Iceland is really where it's all at music-wise. I've never even seen the show where the clip is from, but this dance scene to the soundtrack of Sigur Ros' amazing song Varúð is preeetty cool imo.

I love Sigur Ros! We used to listen to Sigur Ros with my group of friends from college. :)

Yeah Skald is a French project but the themes are inspired by Scandinavian Middle Ages. Your world isn’t too bad : ) Just a little cold for me to survive, except summer.

I love Sigur Ros! We used to listen to Sigur Ros with my group of friends from college. :)

Yeah Skald is a French project but the themes are inspired by Scandinavian Middle Ages. Your world isn’t too bad : ) Just a little cold for me to survive, except summer.
You're saying I'm from the Middle Ages?

Reactions: Mathias and Simonka