Guest viewing is limited

Which clubs would you recommend

agent85

TAG Member
Reaction score
I am about to plan my first trip to Tokyo for language school and some other touristy stuff. I want to go in December for 3 weeks if covid does not interfere. Unlike my previous stays in Tokyo I am single now and also want to do some partying and interact with the female population if possible. Besides visting places like the hub I also would be interested in visting a club.

So far so good the only drawback is that I think I might being too old to clubs by japanese standards. I am 36 and I am going to be 37 when I gon in December if I can go. I look a bit younger though but does not if I am going to get id checked and they see my true age.

Have you heard about some clubs where the age upwards is really restriced or is that just a internet urban legend?

Are there some certain clubs you would recommend where some oldies are welcome. It does not matter if is going to be in Shibuya, Roppongi or somewhere else.

Reactions: cuckhimnow
Thanks for your fast reply. I am going to check it out. I would not be mad if I am really too old for that club stuff. I can to other venues as well. Never have been the biggest club fan even when I was younger but I have heard that the Tokyo club scene is supposed to be rather cool so I though I might check it for one evening if I can.

Genius has a bit older crowd. Ladies generally 25-35, men 30-40. Something like that. It’s not a science. :)

Sorry for the late reply and thanks a lot for the info. This sounds great. Exactly the crowd I am looking for. And the club itself is alright and rather Gaijin friendly? Or is there the possibility that I might get rejected at the door?

Reactions: CharlieSimms
Sorry for the late reply and thanks a lot for the info. This sounds great. Exactly the crowd I am looking for. And the club itself is alright and rather Gaijin friendly? Or is there the possibility that I might get rejected at the door?

They are neither gaijin friendly nor unfriendly. You will not be rejected because of being a foreigner. There is a dress code however but nothing unusual. It’s on the website. Also groups of (only) men can sometimes be denied on certain nights at certain times. I always rolled up in there with 2 other guys 2 hours or so before closing and it was never a problem to get in on any night.

Let us know how it goes. I have many fond memories of Genius indeed. :)

Thanks for the info. That is good then. I do not expect any prefered treatment because of my "Gaijinness" I just o not want to waste time lining up for a Club and then get rejected because I am a foreigner. I am not sure how common it really is to get rejected at a door. Maybe the internet stories are exaggerated.

I never had any problems during my previous stays but I stayed away form the nightlife and more "sophiscated" tourist stuff because I was taken.

Now I am single again so I am free to try out other stuff. And that time I would to try going out for a bit to try out the nightlife and see how it goes. It also a good exercise to practise speaking Japanese.

And sure thing. I will report when I was there.

Reactions: CharlieSimms
Dude, you are way too fucking old to be going clubbing. And more importantly, with the KIND of Japanese girl you're going to find at a club and willing to go home with you, given your age and assumed socio-economic bracket, you're setting yourself up for one hell of a story to tell your friends back home when you get deported.

It's pretty clear you're on some version of a pre-mid-life-crisis/rebound mission, and that's fine. I'm only a few years older than you, I get it. But regardless of the club or demographic, the only 20-something girl at a club who's going to fuck you will be a gold-digging parasite looking for a score and life of luxury, and given your "language school" itinerary I'm assuming you're not rolling in scratch so forget about that. So, that leaves the 30-somethings, and I can promise you this: If you actually meet a mid-30s Japanese girl out at a fucking dance club, run the fuck away as fast as you possibly can. They will probably be divorced, possibly have kids but will most definitely, bet-your-life-on-it guaranteed be absolutely fucking nuts. I'm serious, that bitch will have mental issues. And while sticking your weiner in batshit crazy Japanese girls is comparatively safer than, say, doing the same with Filipino girls (unless you like getting stabbed with kitchen utensils), it still can go sideways at any given moment and I'm assuming you value your visa and freedom.

Go with the safe route. Get a good job, make more money and then advertise yourself on safe dating websites. Or just shell out the cash for decent P4P (and it's not much more than buying dozens of tequila shots at the bar). Both will cost you money but you'll be able to avoid the clubs, where people your age are suckers and targets. You came to Japan too late. Try the PI.

Reactions: Maxblack
Keihan, no offense intended but I don’t think you have a good grasp of the full range of clubs in Tokyo. If he were targeting the Shibuya clubs I might agree he is too old. But there is a wrench for pretty much every nut in Tokyo. 37 is hardly too old for a male in Tokyo to get their club on and hook up with beautiful ladies successfully. Granted the ladies are probably going to be in their mid to late 20s or higher. Just need to hit up a more appropriate club.

Dude, you are way too fucking old to be going clubbing. And more importantly, with the KIND of Japanese girl you're going to find at a club and willing to go home with you, given your age and assumed socio-economic bracket, you're setting yourself up for one hell of a story to tell your friends back home when you get deported.

It's pretty clear you're on some version of a pre-mid-life-crisis/rebound mission, and that's fine. I'm only a few years older than you, I get it. But regardless of the club or demographic, the only 20-something girl at a club who's going to fuck you will be a gold-digging parasite looking for a score and life of luxury, and given your "language school" itinerary I'm assuming you're not rolling in scratch so forget about that. So, that leaves the 30-somethings, and I can promise you this: If you actually meet a mid-30s Japanese girl out at a fucking dance club, run the fuck away as fast as you possibly can. They will probably be divorced, possibly have kids but will most definitely, bet-your-life-on-it guaranteed be absolutely fucking nuts. I'm serious, that bitch will have mental issues. And while sticking your weiner in batshit crazy Japanese girls is comparatively safer than, say, doing the same with Filipino girls (unless you like getting stabbed with kitchen utensils), it still can go sideways at any given moment and I'm assuming you value your visa and freedom.

Go with the safe route. Get a good job, make more money and then advertise yourself on safe dating websites. Or just shell out the cash for decent P4P (and it's not much more than buying dozens of tequila shots at the bar). Both will cost you money but you'll be able to avoid the clubs, where people your age are suckers and targets. You came to Japan too late. Try the PI.

You're making a lot of assumptions here. I highly doubt this guy is going to ruin his whole life by going to the club a couple of times, lol.

I'll add that I'm close to the OPs age and have been forced to go to the club a couple of times by some younger friends. I hated it but never felt old. Like my dad used to say, you're only as old as the woman you feel.

Last edited:
Keihan, no offense intended but I don’t think you have a good grasp of the full range of clubs in Tokyo. If he were targeting the Shibuya clubs I might agree he is too old. But there is a wrench for pretty much every nut in Tokyo. 37 is hardly too old for a male in Tokyo to get their club on and hook up with beautiful ladies successfully. Granted the ladies are probably going to be in their mid to late 20s or higher. Just need to hit up a more appropriate club.
Nah if you are male, over 30 and not a millionaire you’ve no place being in a club. Just let it go.

Yes ruining my life just because going to a club for 1 to 2 times is really very unlikely. And although I appreciate some not so favorable opinions (it is always good to a different point of view) Keihan is indeed assuming a bit too much.

I just want visit a club to check out the nightlife. And ok I admit it I am interested in interacting with the local female population and I would not mind getting laid but I am neither blind nor naive.

I have been to Tokyo 3 times already and outside the nightlife setting I did had the impression that Japan is a paradise where hot Japanese gals are lining up to get some Gaijin d*ck.

So I really do not expect to be that successful.. Just want to go out and see what happens. If the interactions lead to certain actions then great. If not fine as well. Experiencing the nightlife on it's own is also fine.

Nah if you are male, over 30 and not a millionaire you’ve no place being in a club. Just let it go.

Well I easily clear a million yen a year and I am over 30. So I must be the exception. I am sorry for the jokers here who cannot command my level of income. Believe me, when I roll up into 1OAK and order up the finest bottle of house Prosecco with my Orico JCB Rakuten Point Plus Card and juggle around the bottle and glass when I try to pour because I don’t have a table, the panties do drop. :cool:

But seriously, Genius is a different animal. Marc Panther DJs there. Meaning it targets people who might even know who the f*ck he even is.

What is the cultural more appriate way to meet ladies to interact with for the over 30s crowds if clubs are a no go due to old age ?

I haven't been to japan since covid so i don't think i can recommend any places with certanty since they might be closed or have changed names but i'll try.

However, first off, i would like to encourage you to get out and be open minded.
I see some negative comments here, while they do carry some truth... its like... if you're well dressed, decent looking... and you look friendly, you can totally snag a 25 year old, yes even in Shibuya.
Ive been lucky ..ive struck out... you never know until you get out there.
I would recommend trying a lot of places. You'll know right away if its a sausage fest or if the vibe is crap... then you can move on.
I got lucky in places i didnt expect to. There's that colorful club in shibuya - Odeon , is that still going? i hooked up there, i got lucky at V2 in Roppongi on like a Thursday once... also the jumanji place or however you spell it. definitely a "sloppy" club but i dont think youd feel super awkward. its more casual and chill.
R2 supper club , i met a banger there one time... but it's not so much a club.. more of a fancier lounge.
Just stay positive bro and go try.
I'm around your age, for what its worth, i always preferred more like 'open' type bars or party bars.. I found its easy to meet and talk to people... for example that native american themed one in roppongi, or Coins bar in Shibuya.

I'm around your age, for what its worth, i always preferred more like 'open' type bars or party bars.. I found its easy to meet and talk to people... for example that native american themed one in roppongi, or Coins bar in Shibuya.

Exactly, I'm sure he would do fine at a club... if you are looking to pull, then I recommend int. parties, bars, coin bars etc..
UNLESS the club caters to the type of foreigner you are, if you are black then hiphop clubs, latino then salsa clubs (goldmine for me)

otherwise clubs are dimly lit cesspools designed to rob you out of your cash with watered down drinks, and your ability to have a conversation..

...just my 2 yen.

Anyways, i hope you have a great time

Reactions: agent85
Whatever happened to good old Rigoletto in roppongi hills on a Friday night? Trashy ladies looking for a desparate Goldman Sachs dude but more likely getting a Google nerd?

Whatever happened to good old Rigoletto in roppongi hills on a Friday night? Trashy ladies looking for a desparate Goldman Sachs dude but more likely getting a Google nerd?

AHHHH you bring me back! and before Rigoletto there was Heartland!

but yes, if Rigoletto is still around then its a good upscale bar where you can chat up a lady or two.

I'm sorry but I'm sticking to my guns on this. And it doesn't matter what city, metropolis, prefecture, state or country you're in. There's a word for a guy almost 40 years old going to a club full of teens and twenties: CREEP. Again, OP, you are way too fucking old to be going "clubbing." You want to be that balding scumbag with white hairs in your attempt at a hipster goatee that all the girls on the dance floor start dancing their way away from? When you pull up a chair at the bar, all the young girls mysteriously slam their drinks and scurry off to the restrooms? Go ahead. Rock that Asperger's.

There are only two situations where a guy your age can reasonably be in a club to ostensibly pick up young girls, and for it to happen organically.

1) You are fucking rich...which I think I can safely assume you're not because you're almost 40 and going to Japan for Japanese language lessons.

2) You are hot as fuck...which I think I can safely assume you're not because you're almost 40 and going to Japan for Japanese language lessons.

I mean, just the basic fact that you're almost 40 and going to Japan for "language lessons" sets off all sorts of warning bells as it is. Were I a customs officer or bouncer I'd be patting you down for GHB vials.

If Elon Musk or Brad Pitt rocks up to a club in Tokyo, Elon and Brad will be going back to their hotel suites with young ass, and lots of it.. You will be going back to your youth hostel bunkbed to cry/wank yourself to sleep. Don't kid yourself.

You wanna stick your dick in girls young enough to be your daughter? Then do what everyone else here does: PAY FOR IT.

Of course the point being there are clubs not filled with ladies in their teens and early twenties.. But details, details. Gramps gotta grind!

4B6B2784-54A6-478C-A0CD-67043ED605DD.jpeg

@all Thanks for the further replies. Like BankerguyCanada said I will be open to visit other venues. Like different type of bars.

I just have few questons. Since when going to language school in Japan for 4th time btw (the frist time in the op was a typo sorry for that) makes one a creep? Is trying to study Japanese creepy these days? I did not know that.

And who said I am after teens or realy tween? I have explicitly asked if there are any clubs to go for an older dude like me without sticking out.

I normally appricate any opinion neither postive nor negative but Keihan is asuming way too much.

But never mind. Thanks for the help guys :).

Last edited: