Guest viewing is limited

Why Group Dates & Meeting Her Friends Could Be Bad

Solong

TAG Member
Reaction score
This is often debated among PUAs, with people coming in on both sides. My addition to the debate is a perspective not often told, but best understood for those in Japan.

1) Don't get sidetracked from your objective

Your goal is to meet her, NOT all of her friends. And if you never had sex with her or are not her boyfriend, then there is usually NO point in meeting her friends, who you may NEVER see again. AFTER you had sex with her and/or are declared to be the boyfriend, then you can meet all of her friends.

If you already had sex with her, her friends can usually NOT block you anymore. It's a done deal. And often, they can sense that it is too, so are not trying to be disruptive, interfere, keep trying to compete for her, etc...

2) Don't be a victim of tight group circles

This is extremely important for foreigners in Japan to understand, and this can affect Japanese men too. Say you meet a Japanese girl and exchange phone numbers and e-mails. You ask her out, but instead she requests you come meet her friends, or if she can bring her girlfriend(s).

Her friends or girlfriends are members of a tennis club, and suppose you don't play tennis. The flow of the conversations can make you the outsider, look ignorant, or look bad. Furthermore, they can go on about or refer to past experiences that you know nothing about. To include her friends or girlfriends hijacking or side tracking conversations away from what you want to talk about.

So basically, you can be battling her friends for her attention or in these little conversational wars all night, totally wasting your time.

3) Don't be a victim of group dynamics

Odds are great that there can be jealousy from other girls and guys in the group, other guys trying to date her and interfering with you, people in the group not liking you, etc... It's not wise to subject yourself unnecessarily to a group obstacle course.

4) Meet her friends AFTER you had sex, not before

Some people, both men and women, get this all confused. You deal with her friends or her group, when you are 1st meeting her, because it can't be avoided. Only that FIRST time. Like say you are in a club and she is surrounded by her friends/group. Then you have no choice, and must deal with them. Preferably, have a wing-man to help you deal with the group, and who can hype you up.

However, if you already have her contact info and are trying to meet on a date, then AVOID the group/friends. They will only add to problems, interference, blocking, and unnecessary issues.

5) If a Japanese woman REALLY likes you, she will meet you alone

Don't be fooled by double-talk, lying, games, etc... A very nasty and bad trick that Japanese women can play, is to invite you to meet her friends/group, so that you become their ENTERTAINMENT or they abuse your MONEY to pay for food and drinks. How this bad Japanese game is played, is she will invite you to show her girlfriends or group how POPULAR she is. "See, all these guys want me so badly." Sometimes, she will try to play the victim, as if you are chasing or harassing her. "Please save me, he keeps harassing and trying to get me." WTF!!! type silly games. Don't be tricked or fooled into such terrible silly bullshit in Japan. Insist that she meet you alone (in the beginning of starting the relationship), whenever possible, or do NOT meet at all.

Last edited:
Sorry, bit of an older thread bump but just thought it was interesting and nobody commented on this pretty common issue.

I agree with the above points and I've been semi-scammed when I first came to Japan by chicks who claimed they'd pay me back after pulling money out of the ATM then just ran into the station and never came out again.

It's helpful too to mention some ways guys can dodge this. For me telling her something like
"Next time lets hang out with your friends, I'm sure they're cool! This time I just want to talk to (girls name)-chan more so lets meet just the two of us!"

If she's adamant about meeting with friends and you've got nothing better to be doing, just show up by yourself and game her friend (never meet if she's going to bring a dude). Get the girls fighting for your attention. Done correctly, the friend will leave, leaving you and the girl you like alone. This is still harder than getting her out alone, so always go for that first. But it is possible to pull one of the two by yourself. Or, if you have a friend with tight game bring him along and split them up, but that's usually less effective that going in there solo. You do have to have balls for it though!

Last edited:
Are you two brothers or what?
:oops:
Hopefully you will end up cancelling each other out :greyalien:

Reactions: John Chavers
Are you two brothers or what?
:oops:
Hopefully you will end up cancelling each other out :greyalien:
I've never met Solong but he seems like a cool dude! Not sure what you mean about canceling each other out, we're different guys with different life experiences. If you're trying to say there's only room on this site for one guy who is good at cold approach, I don't agree with you, and I hope other people don't either

Solong hasn't posted for ages. I hope he's okay and that it's for the reason I think it is. I don't like a lot of his posts, but he's by far the most prolific writer here and he's provided information about P4P venues nobody knew existed. TAG without Solong is not TAG.

This is in stark contrast to another certain individual who is so far using this board for self glorification. I could do the same myself but got the decency not too.

Let's put it another way. Imagine I am a fat ugly barsteward who can't get a woman and has to pay to get my end away. When I read about a guy who is so good at picking up women for free, am I going to bother informing about a new little pinkie I found where I got a pole smoke for 5000? Or will I feel maybe discouraged and useless? Jealous?

TAG is the only net forum I bother with these days, but I have been active on many other boards in the past, not solely mongering boards, even a Japanese language one ( boast boast boast ) :joyful:

I guess TAG considers itself all things and not just a mongering board, but so do all other mongering boards. That is where the problem arises. When some smart alex comes along who is clearly not a monger, should he be allowed free reign to post solely about his non mongering experiences without providing any useful P4P info for the benefit of the majority?

Sure, he may attract a few followers but he will discourage a lot more from posting at all, particularly long standing ones who were a bit bored with the board anyway. I have seen it happen many times.

On other boards the non monger would have been shot down already but we are a polite accomod8ing bunch here. much like the Japanese themselves. That's a good thing.

I hope Solong posts again soon. I also hope this certain individual is not laying the groundwork for a Super Nanpa Bro fee paying boot camp. I have seen that happen too.

Nuff said!

Reactions: just4fun
Solong hasn't posted for ages. I hope he's okay and that it's for the reason I think it is. I don't like a lot of his posts, but he's by far the most prolific writer here and he's provided information about P4P venues nobody knew existed. TAG without Solong is not TAG.

This is in stark contrast to another certain individual who is so far using this board for self glorification. I could do the same myself but got the decency not too.

Let's put it another way. Imagine I am a fat ugly barsteward who can't get a woman and has to pay to get my end away. When I read about a guy who is so good at picking up women for free, am I going to bother informing about a new little pinkie I found where I got a pole smoke for 5000? Or will I feel maybe discouraged and useless? Jealous?

TAG is the only net forum I bother with these days, but I have been active on many other boards in the past, not solely mongering boards, even a Japanese language one ( boast boast boast ) :joyful:

I guess TAG considers itself all things and not just a mongering board, but so do all other mongering boards. That is where the problem arises. When some smart alex comes along who is clearly not a monger, should he be allowed free reign to post solely about his non mongering experiences without providing any useful P4P info for the benefit of the majority?

Sure, he may attract a few followers but he will discourage a lot more from posting at all, particularly long standing ones who were a bit bored with the board anyway. I have seen it happen many times.

On other boards the non monger would have been shot down already but we are a polite accomod8ing bunch here. much like the Japanese themselves. That's a good thing.

I hope Solong posts again soon. I also hope this certain individual is not laying the groundwork for a Super Nanpa Bro fee paying boot camp. I have seen that happen too.

Nuff said!

i used the term super nanpa bro once..then saw you use it a lot! did i make it up? is it a thing? if i made it up.. YOU'RE WELCOME! :)

Reactions: Hamerare

We're getting way off topic here, but a few things-

From a moderator perspective, if you have concerns about the way the board is going or you feel a particular user is being disruptive, our virtual door is always open. Hit 'report' on a post or message me or one of the moderators directly. In addition, there's a reason for the 'ignore' button if you want to ignore a user. From what I've seen, the vast VAST bulk of posts from "a certain user" have been in the Nampa section, where they naturally belong. It feels to me that TAG's posting traffic is better than ever, so I don't know if there's any discouragement occurring. If all he was doing was posting ads for his website or his trainings, or replying to threads with "I disagree, and read more on my new blog post", then he wouldn't be contributing new information to the board.

On a personal level, I don't think Solong was exactly silent on his contempt or questioning of the hobby. either. The only way that this board will succeed is if everyone recognizes at least on some level that We All Like Different Things (WALDT). There's not one "true way" to live life or enjoy the company of women. Some guys like blondes. Some like Asian girls. Some like transsexuals. Some focus less on the sex and pay women a lot of money for the quality companionship. I've been on boards where guys primarily focus on streetwalkers because that's what they get off on. Some guys like the power that comes with being able to talk a girl into fucking him the same night she met him.

And some of it is lifestyle. Some guys just don't have the time or energy or money or youth that others do. A middle-aged married guy is going to be much less likely to be willing or able to cold-open a bunch of 20 year old women. As long as they have a safe and consensual outlet for their fun times, I don't think anyone should really care how they do it. There's some guys that hobby multiple times a week. Does that discourage others from posting reviews because not everyone can have that lifestyle? There's always going to be some instinctual reaction (jealousy, etc) when one guy is getting laid more than you or me. We can't just kick those people off the board because of that or because we disagree with how they go about getting laid.

Excellent riposte boss :cigar::bucktooth:

Actually I wasn't suggesting my buddy get booted out, it was taken down as in "a peg" but my fault for not making that clear

I discovered the Ignore tool last week after 3 years here. I'm lovin it!

As for Solong, never realised he was in contempt of his own lifestyle but then I never had much time for his stuff. I just wanted to say that it's a challenge for every board to retain their old members who tend to get bored with repititive content or indignant with upstarts. Most of the chappies engaging with my buddy are names I'm not familiar with, but that's their prerogative.

At the end of the day no one really gives a monkeys anyway least of all myself. Just passing the time :bag:

First, it is actually a bit sad that Solong deserted the place. Even if I sometimes had some disagreement, mainly on his style, I highly respected his opinions and we have to acknowledge that he was sharing his experiences without any mercantile mind.
I personally used to have some interest for the thing and read a couple of books on the matter meet on a psychological perspective than really in the idea of improving my pickup technique.
Some of these PUA reports are real lab material to better understand how the PFMC (pre frontal medial cortex) of men and women is actually working. Plus, I guess this could really help very shy / introvert dudes to feel better in their relationship with women.
My concern is about the moral hazard behind. The risk (mentioned in the game) is to start considering women like things and entering in a pure robotic interaction. In other words to lose some empathy.
When I read reports from super serial daters / fuckers, I'm a bit worried for their personal sanity / well being.

First, it is actually a bit sad that Solong deserted the place. Even if I sometimes had some disagreement, mainly on his style, I highly respected his opinions and we have to acknowledge that he was sharing his experiences without any mercantile mind.
I personally used to have some interest for the thing and read a couple of books on the matter meet on a psychological perspective than really in the idea of improving my pickup technique.
Some of these PUA reports are real lab material to better understand how the PFMC (pre frontal medial cortex) of men and women is actually working. Plus, I guess this could really help very shy / introvert dudes to feel better in their relationship with women.
My concern is about the moral hazard behind. The risk (mentioned in the game) is to start considering women like things and entering in a pure robotic interaction. In other words to lose some empathy.
When I read reports from super serial daters / fuckers, I'm a bit worried for their personal sanity / well being.

Interesting comments. In actuality, many men don't realize that women are more likely and stealthily to be serial daters than men. It's just they tend to be quiet about it or lie, for fear of public condemnation and shaming. The younger or prettier that she is, the more options that she can have. And she can have 10X or more the options that a comparable young man with average looks and money has.

Furthermore, everybody has different views on dating and minds work differently. Where serial dating is a problem for a particular person, it can be no problem whatsoever for a different person.

Excellent riposte boss :cigar::bucktooth:

Actually I wasn't suggesting my buddy get booted out, it was taken down as in "a peg" but my fault for not making that clear

I discovered the Ignore tool last week after 3 years here. I'm lovin it!

As for Solong, never realised he was in contempt of his own lifestyle but then I never had much time for his stuff. I just wanted to say that it's a challenge for every board to retain their old members who tend to get bored with repititive content or indignant with upstarts. Most of the chappies engaging with my buddy are names I'm not familiar with, but that's their prerogative.

At the end of the day no one really gives a monkeys anyway least of all myself. Just passing the time :bag:
I don't have contempt for my own lifestyle. I think that you misunderstood Meiji. It appears he was talking about prostitution, as if I had contempt for this. And, I don't and have said many times, it's up to the individual.

I'm on the side that men should have options, like women do. No man should feel trapped, where he feels he can only pay for sex or can't have relationships with women beyond only prostitution. A man should be allowed and feel he has choices too.

Reactions: Sinapse
I don't have contempt for my own lifestyle. I think that you misunderstood Meiji. It appears he was talking about prostitution, as if I had contempt for this. And, I don't and have said many times, it's up to the individual.

I'm on the side that men should have options, like women do. No man should feel trapped, where he feels he can only pay for sex or can't have relationships with women beyond only prostitution. A man should be allowed and feel he has choices too.

Hmm... Sometimes as a woman I think it would be nice to have the option of paying for it when you just want to get laid without any hassles.

Hmm... Sometimes as a woman I think it would be nice to have the option of paying for it when you just want to get laid without any hassles.

Sorry, but this appears to be an odd or disingenuous comment. Women have more options than men, where sex is concerned, and especially when younger or good looking. Many women have several men orbiting them, that they can choose for no strings attached sex (NSA) whenever. And their complaint about such a situation, is more out of arrogance and ego, where they feel those men are not of "high enough quality" or don't have enough money. As for sex and money, usually women are taking a man's money, and sex is free and easy for her.

Now, for an older or ugly women, she might be having problems with the "quality" she wants or feels she deserves. And such women can often find younger men willing to have NSA sex for money or even free, just that he might not want to be seen with her in public.

Fwiiw, I am totally with @Ladylisa on this one. The point I think that you are missing, @Solong, is that there are many reasons that men may prefer to see, or sometimes see, p4p sex partners rather than np4p ones which have nothing to do the factors you mention.

For example, often it is simply a matter of convenience. If I am a business traveler and blow into town for a night or three and find myself horny despite being tired and needing to concentrate on preparations for my meetings the next day, all I need do is pick up the phone in my hotel room and order the sexual equivalent of room service...with virtually no worry that I will be rejected and thus waste my time and energy. For the guy in such a situation there is almost no investment at all beyond the money, and even in that regard, he can usually trade off cost against the appearance of his partner, the sexual activities he wants to enjoy etc across a wide "menu" of possible choices. Women simply don't have any such options for the most part.

You also wrote, "they can choose for no strings attached sex (NSA) whenever". Wow!! I can imagine the women who read your post howling with laughter at this comment. Do you have any idea how many women, especially the most sexually desirable ones, have to deal with guys who become obsessed with them and plague them (even stalk them) endlessly after what at first appeared to be a casual hook-up? Charlie Sheen is famously/notoriously reported to have once said of prostitutes, "We don't pay them to have sex with us; we pay them to go away after we have sex with them." Many women would love this option too.

Yet another advantage to p4p is that many spouses/SOs do not consider it to be cheating in the same way that they would consider a np4p hook-up to be a violation of the primary relationship. This is a HUGE motivation for many mongers...but not an option available to women.

One issue you do allude to is that "older or ugly women" (jeez...are those two equivalent in your mind??!) may not be able to find the quality of partner they want. In a p4p context, older or ugly men (I'm both btw) do not have that problem at all. If his wallet is heavy enough, an old and unattractive man can *easily* have youthful partners among the most attractive women on the planet, nor does he have to avoid being seen in public with them if he isn't worried about being "caught" himself. As an illustration, I once had dinner in a posh restaurant at a 5-star Tokyo hotel with one of my SBs for a special occasion, her b'day. The next day a guy I'd never met before stopped me in the hotel lobby, excused himself for being potentially rude and explained that he just had to know if the woman he'd seen eating with me the previous evening was Angelina Jolie! I don't think many women in my age and (un)attractiveness range get to have dinner (plus after dinner fun!) with Brad Pitt equivalents.

While it is surely not one of the more serious forms of gender inequity in human cultures, lack of access to commercial sex options is quite unfair to women imo. Put differently, access to them is really terrific for many men.

-Ww

Last edited:
Fwiiw, I am totally with @Ladylisa on this one. The point I think that you are missing, @Solong, is that there are many reasons that men may prefer to see, or sometimes see, p4p sex partners rather than np4p ones which have nothing to do the factors you mention.

For example, often it is simply a matter of convenience. If I am a business traveler and blow into town for a night or three and find myself horny despite being tired and needing to concentrate on preparations for my meetings the next day, all I need do is pick up the phone in my hotel room and order the sexual equivalent of room service...with virtually no worry that I will be rejected and thus waste my time and energy. For the guy in such a situation there is almost no investment at all beyond the money, and even in that regard, he can usually trade off cost against the appearance of his partner, the sexual activities he wants to enjoy etc across a wide "menu" of possible choices. Women simply don't have any such options for the most part.

You also wrote, "they can choose for no strings attached sex (NSA) whenever". Wow!! I can imagine the women who read your post howling with laughter at this comment. Do you have any idea how many women, especially the most sexually desirable ones, have to deal with guys who become obsessed with them and plague them (even stalk them) endlessly after what at first appeared to be a casual hook-up? Charlie Sheen is famously/notoriously reported to have once said of prostitutes, "We don't pay them to have sex with us; we pay them to go away after we have sex with them." Many women would love this option too.

Yet another advantage to p4p is that many spouses/SOs do not consider it to be cheating in the same way that they would consider a np4p hook-up to be a violation of the primary relationship. This is a HUGE motivation for many mongers...but not an option available to women.

One issue you do allude to is that "older or ugly women" (jeez...are those two equivalent in your mind??!) may not be able to find the quality of partner they want. In a p4p context, older or ugly men (I'm both btw) do not have that problem at all. If his wallet is heavy enough, an old and unattractive man can *easily* have youthful partners among the most attractive women on the planet, nor does he have to avoid being seen in public with them if he isn't worried about being "caught" himself. As an illustration, I once had dinner in a posh restaurant at a 5-star Tokyo hotel with one of my SBs for a special occasion, her b'day. The next day a guy I'd never met before stopped me in the hotel lobby, excused himself for being potentially rude and explained that he just had to know if the woman he'd seen eating with me the previous evening was Angelina Jolie! I don't think many women in my age and (un)attractiveness range get to have dinner (plus after dinner fun!) with Brad Pitt equivalents.

While it is surely not one of the more serious forms of gender inequity in human cultures, lack of access to commercial sex options is quite unfair to women imo. Put differently, access to them is really terrific for many men.

-Ww

The nonsense that you are trying to pull is laughable. It's like a rich billionaire complaining about the lack of good servants or not fast enough service, while stepping over homeless people.

I want you to put an ad out as a female on Craigslist. And heaven forbid you say that you want no strings attached sex or that you like sex. You are liable to have so many messages, it will take you a week of non-stop reading to get through them all.

And, I've dated some women, where they had me fix their computer. They had online accounts flooded with so many messages, that they had to disable the accounts and couldn't read them all.

You are mixing up a woman's massive abundance of choice and options, with the inability to intelligently choose or filter among the men she has available, and with men that are mentally disturbed.

1) Not every man that a pretty woman dates is a stalker.

In fact, as a man, I've had trouble with female stalkers before. Crazy, is not specify to a gender, and that's also why we have police and lawyers.

2) She chooses wrong

It's not anybody's fault but her own, if a woman wasted her youth as a spoiled and entitled brat or is bad at choosing men. Women are equally accountable for their actions.

3) Older women with money.

Can run through young boy-toys with ease. However, money can't buy you love or force somebody to be loyal or faithful.

Money can't buy men love or loyalty nor can it for women. That's just how it is.

4) Women have the advantage when they are younger, and things even out more as men get older, IF he has money.

Women live longer, are more likely to have men take care of them (non-working housewives), they are more likely to get; welfare, child support, insurance money from husband's death, social benefits and sympathy, etc... Overall, women stealthily have it a lot better than men, except in physical strength and the perception of direct control of society (which is debatable).

A lot of older men don't even have the money to afford a woman or can't even get women to pay attention to them or love them (hypergamy), because she is chasing Mr. Popular or Mr. Rich. So, I wouldn't exactly only feel sorry for women, because they are not getting all the benefits that they feel entitled to.

Last edited:

Go to a bar or club, stand in the middle by yourself with a drink, and reject guys until you find one you like and ask him to pay for the hotel. How hard is this? Many girls do this very effectively..

Unless you literally just want it delivered to your house.. Then yeah, would be nice to just pick up a phone.

Coincidentally, really attractive girls like guys like me who do pickup because we don't get attached to every single girl after one bang. The effect you're describing definitely works in my favor

Who said women don't got p4p options?

Japan got host bars
China got gigolo
Countries in Europe got male escorts even if a lot of them turn both ways
SE Asia got gay bars where most customers are foreign women
Kenya and Jamaica are big destinations for women sex tourists

In general a woman can just hang in a busy bar and wait for the right man to pick her up. No need to pay I wish I could do the same the other way round

Reactions: just4fun and Solong

Japan got host bars
China got gigolo
Kenya and Jamaica are big destinations for women sex tourists

In general a woman can just hang in a busy bar and wait for the right man to pick her up. No need to pay I wish I could do the same the other way round I tried but it never worked

Japan got host bars
China got gigolo for rich bored housewives
Kenya and Jamaica and Turkey and Greece are destinations for women sex tourists

In fact women gotta lotta choice. Solong woz right.

In general a woman can just hang in a busy bar and wait for the right man to pick her up. No need to pay I wish I could do the same the other way round I tried but it never worked

The nonsense that you are trying to pull is laughable. It's like a rich billionaire complaining about the lack of good servants or not fast enough service, while stepping over homeless people. ...

I expected a more interesting response based on our past discussions. Nearly all of what you wrote is simply irrelevant to the point @Ladylisa made and which I was discussing in my post (whether or not more access to commercial sex would be good/useful for women). More specifically:

You argue that women have a much easier time finding np4p partners than do men. This is also a main point of @Sinapse's and @AKB69's replies. I agree and didn't dispute it. Instead my post lists a few ways in which p4p can be a better option than np4p. The ones I mentioned were

1 - p4p is often far more convenient and requires far less time and effort than np4p options
2 - p4p produces *reliably* NSA sex (i.e., with no need to deal with the person further after the encounter)
3 - p4p is often more acceptable to other/np4p partners...is not considered cheating or not such serious cheating
4 - p4p allows one to access partners much younger and/or more attractive than one's self

To the (very great) extent that p4p sex is more available to men than women, these advantages are therefore more available to men than women and it is thus reasonable that women, such as @Ladylisa, might wish it were otherwise.

Virtually nothing you wrote even addresses any of these points. Rather you mostly wrote about unrelated ways in which women have it better in life than men. Maybe so, maybe not, but in any case, that is not a topic I am going to engage now. It is vastly bigger and more complex and much further off-topic.

Maybe the closest you came to addressing my post was in your point #1, that not every man is a stalker. Obviously not. Nor is every woman. Duh! But my point was simply that p4p is an option for avoiding stalkers with very high reliability...an option much less available to women than to men.

-Ww

Japan got host bars
China got gigolo for rich bored housewives
Kenya and Jamaica and Turkey and Greece are destinations for women sex tourists

You are correct, of course, that women do have some opportunities to purchase sex in one form or another, but surely no one would think that they are at even remotely the same level of availability/convenience, variety, social acceptability, cost etc as those available to men.

In fact, the booming business in the venues you mention makes my (actually @Ladylisa's point). If

Solong woz right.

that women have little or no need of (more) commercial sex options, Kabukicho would not be overflowing with host bars that are often filled with (often young and attractive) women paying astonishingly high prices for the "companionship" of the hosts. Personally I was shocked when I learned how expensive these places are. What it costs a woman to get laid by a typical Kabukicho host makes the most expensive escorts in the TAG world look like bargains by comparison. The very existence of this market shows that @Solong "woz" *wrong* in his reply to @Ladylisa. Many women (in Tokyo at least) do want p4p sex partners and are willing to pay top dollar for them, whether he/you thinks/think they should or not.

-Ww

[QUOTE="Wwa@Ladylisa's point).
Many women (in Tokyo at least) do want p4p sex partners and are willing to pay top dollar for them, whether he/you thinks/think they should or not.
-Ww[/QUOTE]

Aye aye Captain!
That's y they go to host bars
Solong woz right
If I was to open a pink salon for women do you think it would make any money?

Last edited:
Reactions: Solong and just4fun
[QUOTE="Wwanderer, post: 40053, ]Charlie Sheen is famously/notoriously reported to have once said of prostitutes, "We don't pay them to have sex with us; we pay them to go away after we have sex with them."

-Ww[/QUOTE]

I don't think many women will be wanting sex with Charlie Sheen now

A very timely quotation although this saying has been around for years

Reactions: Solong and just4fun