Guest viewing is limited

Would you accept a walk with a 18 yo girl?

Decline. The police would stop you two on the street for a "shokushitsu". If it is a JK sampo and if she turns out to be still a high school student, you are in trouble.
Yeah its weird how you are not supposed to do adult stuff if you’re in highschool even if you are of age. I suppose they made that rule because it might influence the younger girls in the school. But i’m afraid it makes girls drop out and not finish high school, and nowadays you almost can’t do anything if you don’t finish highschool.

Decline. The police would stop you two on the street for a "shokushitsu". If it is a JK sampo and if she turns out to be still a high school student, you are in trouble.

Fwiiw, I have walked around Tokyo pretty extensively with women that young and/or who looked that young and never been stopped by the police or even had them give us a second glance, and I am quite a bit older than my 40s. So it isn't exactly inevitable, though I guess it could happen. I don't know what they think, but in some cases they probably assume she is a young relative of mine...although in some cases that isn't so plausible (though not impossible) due to differences in our races/ethnicities.

-Ww

Reactions: Ken1988
Fwiiw, I have walked around Tokyo pretty extensively with women that young and/or who looked that young and never been stopped by the police or even had them give us a second glance, and I am quite a bit older than my 40s. So it isn't exactly inevitable, though I guess it could happen. I don't know what they think, but in some cases they probably assume she is a young relative of mine...although in some cases that isn't so plausible (though not impossible) due to differences in our races/ethnicities.

-Ww

I saw a couple, an old man and a young girl, walking on the street together in the city where I live. Their almost hugging while walking together looked so natural that it was my second or third thought to realize the age gap. He would be in his late 60s and the girl be her early 20s. The old guy with his casual attire matched so well with the girl's appearance. I would imagine that you were like this amazing old man.

That's a match penalty; 5+20.

Because that's not a very good question in many levels. First as Alice said if she is an adult then the dad should not have any say to what she does. And putting the idea of dads thinking about their daughter's sex life in my head is a very bad thing to do.

Let's take advice from someone with two daughters.

I come from land where dad’s would probably shoot the middle aged man that was walking with their 18 year old baby. So I’m pretty sure that the question was not off base in my head and I’d be a hypocrite if I had a daughter. If I had a son, and he was walking with a middle aged woman, I’d do him a favor and take her off his hands. The only way I’d let my daughter around some old geezer if I had one is if he was a tycoon and paid me a lump sum payment of 100 million plus 10 percent interest in his empire. Otherwise, unfortunately it be prison time for me and another cell for him. Don’t ask if I had a son walking with a man. I’d be in prison for a long time. I’m an old school conservative and hypocritical. I enjoy dalliances but I keep it simple. So yeah, I asked the question. But I realized that 20 means adult in Japan or no?

Reactions: warubuta
No, not in this context. The age of consent is 18. For some purposes, such as signing binding contracts, it is 20.

-Ww
Ah, something I hadn’t researched about this country. Thought 20 was for everything. My apologies! Japan is confusing to me!

Reactions: Wwanderer
Ah, something I hadn’t researched about this country. Thought 20 was for everything. My apologies! Japan is confusing to me!

It is even more confusing than that. The national law for the age of consent is 13!!! But there are local laws in every jurisdiction in the country making it 18. I learned this, and many other things, from @Sudsy btw.

-Ww

Reactions: just4fun and Sudsy
That would be my main concern to be honest, or that the "18 year old" is in on it and trying to bait you for the police...is that even a thing?

That would be my main concern to be honest, or that the "18 year old" is in on it and trying to bait you for the police...is that even a thing?

I'd be astonished if it were...especially in Japan. I'm not sure, but I don't believe that the Japanese police are allowed to conduct sting operations of any kind, a legacy of the popular hatred of the pre-WW2 secret police.

I do think there is a chance that a younger girl might pretend to be 18 yo and put a guy on thin ice, but even then there could be no real problem as long as you stick to *walking* only.

-Ww

@majimekun - Is your question in the OP some sort of hypothetical or are you referring to some real situation? If the latter, it would be nice if you'd give us some context. How does the 18 yo know the 40-something? What was the context of her request? Did she give an explanation? Etc.

If it is a total hypothetical, it is a sort of odd one imo.

-Ww

Well yeah, I wouldn't image a sting like this would happen in North America as these "walking dates" or whatever they're called isn't a thing here but I get what you mean.

And excellent point about intent, but it could easily become a "your word against hers" situation as well.

Reactions: just4fun
I assume there are no laws about walks with people of whatever age...
-Ww

If it means being alone with a 18 yo old when you're in your 40s, then you're in big trouble IF the girl starts making false accusations about your behaviour for some reasons. It's then your version against hers and I'm pretty sure you know it can get very ugly. It's only a matter of whether or not you want to take that risk.

Plus the fact that she might even be younger than 18 .. unless you ask her her ID card ... which isn't practical/realistic at all when you've never met her before.

The only way I’d let my daughter around some old geezer if I had one is if he was a tycoon and paid me a lump sum payment of 100 million plus 10 percent interest in his empire.
So you’d pimp out your own daughter but you wouldn’t let her be with someone she loves?

Also all that prison talk and killing talk, I don’t know if its just some way Americans tough talk themselves but I don’t think they fully realize what life will be like after they have to live with being a murdered and/or life in a prison.

If it means being alone with a 18 yo old when you're in your 40s, then you're in big trouble IF the girl starts making false accusations about your behaviour for some reasons. It's then your version against hers and I'm pretty sure you know it can get very ugly. It's only a matter of whether or not you want to take that risk.

If it is false accusations that worry you, shouldn’t you refrain from being alone with any woman (or man) you don’t know well and trust? What does her age have to do with it?

-Ww

If it is false accusations that worry you, shouldn’t you refrain from being alone with any woman (or man) you don’t know well and trust? What does her age have to do with it?

-Ww

Because an "underaged" girl might want to meet you for the sole purpose or using her age as a mean to get easy money from you by threatening you.

Between two adults, the rules are a little bit different and the above scenario doesn't apply.

So you’d pimp out your own daughter but you wouldn’t let her be with someone she loves?

Also all that prison talk and killing talk, I don’t know if its just some way Americans tough talk themselves but I don’t think they fully realize what life will be like after they have to live with being a murdered and/or life in a prison.
I don’t consider a tycoon a pimp. What pimp has tycoon money? And lots of Americans go to prison over stupid stuff. They realize perfectly what it means to carry that and what prison is like. And it’s just a way of saying how serious some dads are about who their daughter is around. I would suppose that u don’t read US news much or don’t follow those local stories. You don’t have to worry! I don’t have any kids and I don’t have any plans on having any.

Because an "underaged" girl might want to meet you for the sole purpose or using her age as a mean to get easy money from you by threatening you.

Speaking of paranoia (as we were in another thread just now), so you imagine that there are teenage women out there running a racket by asking middle aged men to take a walk with them and then accusing them of rape or some such crime? Do you suppose that they have picked you out as a target for some reason (just how big is that bank account??) or that they somehow get away with doing it repeatedly to a whole series of victims? I mean, seriously?

Between two adults, the rules are a little bit different and the above scenario doesn't apply.

Why? Is there some reason that, say, a 19 or 20 or 30 or 50 yo couldn't cause you a lot of trouble by making false allegations about your conduct? I don't follow your thinking on this.

-Ww

Last edited:
From the article: "Depending on the prefecture, it’s completely legal to arrest a 17-year-old for dating their 16-year-old classmate."

Now just give me one example where that has ever happened?

From the article: "Depending on the prefecture, it’s completely legal to arrest a 17-year-old for dating their 16-year-old classmate."

I was thinking exactly the same thing as I read the article...typical media "scare tactics". Without some stats to tell you how heavily enforced a law is, the whole spiel is pretty hypothetical. I mean in principle Japanese prisons could soon be overflowing with people who bought or sold FS, but we all know it isn't going to happen.

-Ww

Reactions: MikeH

Never heard of it. But I do know that there is no provision in Japan to protect the 17 year old.

I was thinking exactly the same thing as I read the article...typical media "scare tactics". Without some stats to tell you how heavily enforced a law is, the whole spiel is pretty hypothetical. I mean in principle Japanese prisons could soon be overflowing with people who bought or sold FS, but we all know it isn't going to happen.

-Ww
Right, we know they have the law and it’s really strict, but it’s like pissing in plain view, never any arrests take place.

Reactions: Wwanderer