Guest viewing is limited

Daily WHO Reports for the Coronavirus Outbreak (Link)

Stories like these is exactly why I think it's far worse than the media is reporting, and also why it's not spreading as rapidly in other countries. Other places have been pretty diligent and quick to address any new infections, while China would rather just contain the situation within and keep the outside world from knowing how bad it really is.
Other places, and I mean most of them, are not diligent or quick at all...

Some stupid things they did:

Taiwan failed to contain their evacuated citizen from the epicenter; failed again to contain passengers who was previously on cruise ship World Dreams.

Hong Kong has been a total failure...thousands of their medical professionals were on strike and refused to work.

Singapore failed to shut down some major religious gatherings, and let more than 3000 clueless elderly citizens mingle. Their government now talks about giving up tracing and isolating suspect cases, and instead starting to treat the disease like swine flu.

Indonesia refused to run tests on their evacuated expats from China, because, in their own words, it was too expensive.

The Britons had an epic failure. Their coach drivers stay in confined space for hours with the evacuated, without wearing anything protective (while the CDC officer next to him was fully geared), and this happened after the poor coach driver in Nara was infected.

2145.jpg

I wonder if anyone is thinking about how hay fever season is going to impact corona. My layman’s take would be that it will cause it to spread much faster. All the sneezing and runny noses. @TokyoJoeblow will definitely need to take heed as he is at the nexus of hay fever, direct contact with the bodily fluids of random strangers (saliva and semen transmitted directly and through a bicycle seat intermediary) and he also is having lots of random contact with migratory sex workers from the 3rd world.
Learn from the Chinese and solve it once and for all: just lock up the hayfever patients, starve the poor sex workers, and chop down all the fucking sakura trees.

Learn from the Chinese and solve it once and for all: just lock up the hayfever patients, starve the poor sex workers, and chop down all the fucking sakura trees.
I think you mean Hinoki trees.

I think you mean Hinoki trees.

Maybe it is just the bureaucratic way of dealing with the situation; start with sakura and if it doesn't help chop down the next species.

But he was right with the fucking part; that's what pollen is, trees ejaculating.

Reactions: surak

better idea , from my favorite French medieval serie:

95252F45-7470-4D0E-B969-2AC257FB5FB6.jpeg

« Scorch everything, to start again on healthier basis »

Reactions: rikkun
Just heard from a buddy of mine who travels frequently to Asia and he confirmed there are still groups of Chinese trying to get on planes in random Asian cities headed to LAX and also Honolulu. Sometimes they're stopped and ejected from the plane, sometimes not, depending on the efficiency of the staff at the departing airport. Also heard a story that a group of Chinese nationals arrived at HNL and claimed they were seeking asylum--they are now locked up in federal detention, but NOT in quarantine and not being medically monitored properly.

Never believe what the government tells you about supposedly blocking these assholes. Chinese who know they may carry this disease are still attempting to sneak into this country and others, making their way into the western U.S. where they can easily disappear in plain sight in cities like L.A., S.F. and Honolulu. The coronavirus will make its presence known stateside very soon.

Just heard from a buddy of mine who travels frequently to Asia and he confirmed there are still groups of Chinese trying to get on planes in random Asian cities headed to LAX and also Honolulu. Sometimes they're stopped and ejected from the plane, sometimes not, depending on the efficiency of the staff at the departing airport. Also heard a story that a group of Chinese nationals arrived at HNL and claimed they were seeking asylum--they are now locked up in federal detention, but NOT in quarantine and not being medically monitored properly.

Never believe what the government tells you about supposedly blocking these assholes. Chinese who know they may carry this disease are still attempting to sneak into this country and others, making their way into the western U.S. where they can easily disappear in plain sight in cities like L.A., S.F. and Honolulu. The coronavirus will make its presence known stateside very soon.

Without sources that’s just a rumour, albeit a little more plausible than some.

Without sources that’s just a rumour, albeit a little more plausible than some.

I'll admit the guy who told me about the Chinese trying to get on his plane isn't particularly bright (that's why he's doing P4P in the P.I. right NOW, of all times), but by that same token he isn't bright enough to make up stories like this. Said a group of about a dozen Chinese were removed from his plane before it could depart NAIA bound for a layover at HNL before arriving at LAX.

The story out of HNL with the asylum-seekers, that one is confirmed. Those of you planning vacations in Waikiki this year might want to avoid Chinatown.

And I can only imagine what an outbreak in SF could look like, where I believe they have largest Chinatown in the U.S.

It's coming, folks. Better take your vitamins.

Reactions: Sudsy

Take it easy. No one can flee from the epicenter now. Public transports are discontinued. They'll need a special pass to drive their own vehicles. No airlines are flying. No visa services are available. The roads connecting the epicenter and its neighbouring cities have all been blocked and secured by armed forces.

On the other hand, there are around 3,400 Chinese nationals from the epicenter still staying in Thailand.

But they arrived before the lockdown by Jan. 23rd.

Most of their visas are valid for up to 15 days, so they need to fly to a third country.

If they are clueless enough, they may chose to fly to LAX or HNL instead of a dozen of better destinations, but it's very unlikely that they are carrying the virus.

And for the record, China just cost me my first foray into the treasures of Thailand. I had a trip booked for four weeks out, and my other half, who is coming with me (yeah, I know), was already upset that I'd booked a suite that was about a block away from Nana Plaza and had finally realized I was serious about the ladyboy bars. This fucking outbreak was all the excuse she needed to cancel our flight. After this current pandemic is over, President Xi can atone for this by dispatching thousands of the hottest 18yo females in Beijing and Harbin (especially Harbin, once had a smoking hot student from there I wanted to nail) to Gotanda where they will give free HE sexy time massages to all expats for an entire month. The guys stuck on the cruise ship get to go first.

I didn't get to attend any of the Hanshin Tigers games during their championship season in 2003 because of SARS. Hope someone--Trump, maybe--makes these fuckers pony up this time.

Reactions: Frenchy
I'll admit the guy who told me about the Chinese trying to get on his plane isn't particularly bright (that's why he's doing P4P in the P.I. right NOW, of all times), but by that same token he isn't bright enough to make up stories like this. Said a group of about a dozen Chinese were removed from his plane before it could depart NAIA bound for a layover at HNL before arriving at LAX.

The story out of HNL with the asylum-seekers, that one is confirmed. Those of you planning vacations in Waikiki this year might want to avoid Chinatown.

And I can only imagine what an outbreak in SF could look like, where I believe they have largest Chinatown in the U.S.

It's coming, folks. Better take your vitamins.
For the record, those staying in Chinatown have been there for around 50 years already...Newcomers just go to Palo Alto.

And for the record, China just cost me my first foray into the treasures of Thailand. I had a trip booked for four weeks out, and my other half, who is coming with me (yeah, I know), was already upset that I'd booked a suite that was about a block away from Nana Plaza and had finally realized I was serious about the ladyboy bars. This fucking outbreak was all the excuse she needed to cancel our flight. After this current pandemic is over, President Xi can atone for this by dispatching thousands of the hottest 18yo females in Beijing and Harbin (especially Harbin, once had a smoking hot student from there I wanted to nail) to Gotanda where they will give free HE sexy time massages to all expats for an entire month. The guys stuck on the cruise ship get to go first.

I didn't get to attend any of the Hanshin Tigers games during their championship season in 2003 because of SARS. Hope someone--Trump, maybe--makes these fuckers pony up this time.

Look at the bright side. Your better half is probably already planning an alternative program for those 4 weeks. Lot's of art exhibitions, museums and other stuff like that to broaden your horizon. After 4 weeks like that you will probably know a lot more about Chinese pottery than you could ever imagine;)

New study says this virus can be contagious even after staying on metal for 9 days. Get ready, this one is on a rampage and it's pissed off!

Last edited:
I guess it’s time to re-educate people how to properly wash their hands with soap regularly.... especially after using the restroom.

Well, real gentlemen wash their hands before using the restroom; it is just proper to shake your little brother only with clean hands.

Have all the reported cases thus far been Asian men?

I saw a blog post from a noted software guy (who isn't a doctor, I should add) that he thinks it was some kind of accidentally released bioweapon that targets Han Chinese exclusively. On one hand, I don't see any reason why he'd have any expertise on the matter, but if it were somehow true, I doubt either Chinese or international media would report anything to that effect either.

I saw a blog post from a noted software guy (who isn't a doctor, I should add) that he thinks it was some kind of accidentally released bioweapon that targets Han Chinese exclusively. On one hand, I don't see any reason why he'd have any expertise on the matter, but if it were somehow true, I doubt either Chinese or international media would report anything to that effect either.
You’re thinking of season 2 of Designated Survivor.

Reactions: warubuta and MikeH

It might be that all the death so far have been Asians, but there are definitely infections among non Asians. In Germany the main source of contagion has been a Chinese lady(without symptoms) on a business visit spreading it to her local colleagues.

New study says this virus can be contagious even after staying on metal for 9 days. Get ready, this one is on a rampage and it's pissed off!

Read the whole study - pretty much any coronavirus can survive on metal for up to nine days.

Didn't do much to extend the shelf life of SARS or MERS.

Reactions: MikeH and Ken1988