Guest viewing is limited

Dating Apps: A Guide

That's probably what happened.

My only problem with that though is that you get banned without any further investigation. Just a simple look by a moderator at our messages feed would have cleared me out of trouble. In less than 10 seconds. There was no way for me to appeal or whatsoever and as the hassle wasn't worth the reward, I just gave up on re-installing the app when I recently got a new phone.

Reactions: zerosupblues
Sex is like breathing. Without sex and breathing, we'd long be extinct. Now imagine a several thousand words long treatise on sites that teach you how to breathe, followed by thousands more words in comments.

That guy’s TED Talk a few pages back was amazing, what devotion to sharing his knowledge. I looked at Bumble and Badoo discreetly, the difference is quite stark. The amount of 外国 barbarian women was very high on Badoo, as well as some really rough ones, 2s and 3s. I like homely gals but damn. Weird that the two apps are almost exactly the same but there’s a huge difference in who’s lurking where. Press Your Luck, I guess.

Reactions: thegreek
The two long posts in this thread were really helpful.

What app do Japanese use for hookups these days? Obviously Tinder is garbage, but is Tapple the preferred alternative?

I've gone on a lot of dates from Pairs and Bumble the last year, but most everyone I meet there is looking for something serious, not casual. But maybe I'm doing it wrong? Any suggestions?

Obviously Tinder is garbage
Depends on your target lol. Lots of Japanese women are looking for younger Japanese guys on there... It's a fairly hot place for these married women looking for a bit of side fun with other Japanese males. The foreigner side of it is a complete dumpster fire, yes.

Fire This Is Fine GIF by MOODMAN

The two long posts in this thread were really helpful.

What app do Japanese use for hookups these days? Obviously Tinder is garbage, but is Tapple the preferred alternative?

I've gone on a lot of dates from Pairs and Bumble the last year, but most everyone I meet there is looking for something serious, not casual. But maybe I'm doing it wrong? Any suggestions?
I don't think there has ever really been a "hookup" app in Japan aside from maybe Tinder back when it wasn't a total waste of time.

Bumble is the best app by far and has all kinds of people on it, from hookups to marriage seekers. Although it is very international (if that's what you want though then great)

Pairs and With are the two biggest Japanese apps, they both skew somewhat more serious and pretty much require Japanese. But you can find hook ups there too.

Depends on your target lol. Lots of Japanese women are looking for younger Japanese guys on there... It's a fairly hot place for these married women looking for a bit of side fun with other Japanese males. The foreigner side of it is a complete dumpster fire, yes.

Fire This Is Fine GIF by MOODMAN
Speaking of d-fires. I just met a J-gal who was a previous US mil spouse who had lived in America for around 8 years. She came wearing one of those thin futuristic leather jackets like in the Matrix and had an impressive bust, an American accent and near perfect English. That day was supposed to be all about the “casual”, she had one kid who resided in the US. Needless to say, it was an absolute Hindenburg having pried me very hard for details about my personal circumstances, and me stupidly being open thinking we’d somehow riff on f’d up marriages. And living in America had made her into a complete bitch out of Desperate Housewives. Spoiled her, total bad attitude. From now on, I’m identifying as a virgin.

Last edited:
Cool to see people still around on here.

Maybe time to write a followup.

Two more years of decent XP to add.
Im interested, appreciate your posts.

I have some experience and read Roosh Game, been on TRP subreddit for years, did some experiments, had some fun but not enough.
As I warmed up covid hit and some things happened in my life as well.

I am now ready to get back in track. I hear you mention Sinapse book? WHere can I find it?

What would you advise for someone who doesnt mind cold approaching and day or night game? Im not into apps that much but if you had to recommend one?

Just general tips. Is shaving really a must? I have some beard mustache combo and I like how it looks, I look way too baby faced clean shaven but it may be a plus since I look 10 years younger then. (30s now).

Next month Im spending few days in Japan, what to aim for? Id be down for ONS, best places to go to? Like avenues?

Im interested, appreciate your posts.

I have some experience and read Roosh Game, been on TRP subreddit for years, did some experiments, had some fun but not enough.
As I warmed up covid hit and some things happened in my life as well.

I am now ready to get back in track. I hear you mention Sinapse book? WHere can I find it?

What would you advise for someone who doesnt mind cold approaching and day or night game? Im not into apps that much but if you had to recommend one?

Just general tips. Is shaving really a must? I have some beard mustache combo and I like how it looks, I look way too baby faced clean shaven but it may be a plus since I look 10 years younger then. (30s now).

Next month Im spending few days in Japan, what to aim for? Id be down for ONS, best places to go to? Like avenues?
You're quite welcome.

Here is a link to Sinapse's book. I bought mine years ago, so I hope this shop all still works. Otherwise I think the guy is stills semi-active, you might try e-mailing him if there is a problem.
https://book.attractionjapan.com/japan-game-book

If you are just in Japan for a few days and looking for a hookup, Bumble is probably your best bet in terms of apps. Other apps are better but require more time investment and Japanese skill. Perhaps Tinder if you are high spec and look it.

If you don't mind approaching then approach away. I advise against the lost gaijin approach though it /can/ work in some contexts. Just open with comments and maybe non-personal questions on things they are wearing etc. Has worked well for me. If they are interested they will ask back with obvious questions such as "where are you from?" etc. Even basic Japanese will help here but an interested girl will try hard at English to talk with you. An uninterested one will ignore you no matter what language you use. Sadly most people are still wearing masks everywhere and I have no advice on how to sort the wheat from the chaff. Either gamble it or confine your approaches to eating establishments I guess.

Bars are good, HUB seems to be coming back now they are less corona-nazi. Public Stand another good one. Early to midweek women/men ratios are better but sometimes you'll get lucky on a Fri or Sat. Otherwise walk around drinking areas, try random places that look good from the outside, that the crowd looks good. Don't bother with so-called girls bars or kyabakura. Clubs a viable option but I've never gone that route personally.

I would estimate the market split of girls who like/are ok with facial hair and girls who arent at around 35/65%. I've lived here and spent long periods with both facial hair and no facial hair. No facial hair has worked better for me. Your mileage may vary. Baby-face is likely to be an advantage here and make you more approachable. Tough guys more likely to be viewed as scary than sexy. These are generalisations so you'll have to decide yourself.

Good luck and good hunting.

Reactions: nanban and Barabbas
You're quite welcome.

Here is a link to Sinapse's book. I bought mine years ago, so I hope this shop all still works. Otherwise I think the guy is stills semi-active, you might try e-mailing him if there is a problem.
https://book.attractionjapan.com/japan-game-book

If you are just in Japan for a few days and looking for a hookup, Bumble is probably your best bet in terms of apps. Other apps are better but require more time investment and Japanese skill. Perhaps Tinder if you are high spec and look it.

If you don't mind approaching then approach away. I advise against the lost gaijin approach though it /can/ work in some contexts. Just open with comments and maybe non-personal questions on things they are wearing etc. Has worked well for me. If they are interested they will ask back with obvious questions such as "where are you from?" etc. Even basic Japanese will help here but an interested girl will try hard at English to talk with you. An uninterested one will ignore you no matter what language you use. Sadly most people are still wearing masks everywhere and I have no advice on how to sort the wheat from the chaff. Either gamble it or confine your approaches to eating establishments I guess.

Bars are good, HUB seems to be coming back now they are less corona-nazi. Public Stand another good one. Early to midweek women/men ratios are better but sometimes you'll get lucky on a Fri or Sat. Otherwise walk around drinking areas, try random places that look good from the outside, that the crowd looks good. Don't bother with so-called girls bars or kyabakura. Clubs a viable option but I've never gone that route personally.

I would estimate the market split of girls who like/are ok with facial hair and girls who arent at around 35/65%. I've lived here and spent long periods with both facial hair and no facial hair. No facial hair has worked better for me. Your mileage may vary. Baby-face is likely to be an advantage here and make you more approachable. Tough guys more likely to be viewed as scary than sexy. These are generalisations so you'll have to decide yourself.

Good luck and good hunting.
Thanks man, appreciate it.

The book ain't cheap but I just might fork out if its that worth it.

Thanks man, appreciate it.

The book ain't cheap but I just might fork out if its that worth it.

No problem.

Re: the book, yes it isn't cheap. It is far less money-efficient than say Game by Roosh, but it has its place. This makes it lower priority, and IMO not a must but worth it for a completist.
I would say purchase only if you don't mind spending and don't have super high expectations.

Reactions: Barabbas
No problem.

Re: the book, yes it isn't cheap. It is far less money-efficient than say Game by Roosh, but it has its place. This makes it lower priority, and IMO not a must but worth it for a completist.
I would say purchase only if you don't mind spending and don't have super high expectations.
Rooshes Game helped me a lot. Got the audio too somewhere I think. Money well spent. I found the attractionJapan page and it blew my mind on some things. Overall I dig the attitude Sinapse has.
Its balanced mentally, no bs, lots of practical spirituality/inner game stuff I always loved.

Can you tell me where to book a hotel for Tokyo, to get most out of nanpa?
Which neighborhoods or proximity to what?
Basically logistics tips if you find any important / Japan specific.

Can you tell me where to book a hotel for Tokyo, to get most out of nanpa?
Which neighborhoods or proximity to what?
Basically logistics tips if you find any important / Japan specific.
I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with hotels, but keep it close to a Yamanote Line station and you can't go too wrong. Probably around the Shinjuku/Shibuya sector of that circle might be more efficient but might cost more too.

Some cheaper hotels won't let you bring a girl back. Some turn a blind eye. Some you can sneak them in. It all depends, you'll have to just pick a place and hope.

Last trains are generally around midnight, so you'll have to get a girl back to your hotel by then or stay out til 5:30am ish unless you can get her into a love hotel. Assuming you are hunting a train ride away from your hotel.

Other logitstics will depend specifically on your hunting ground. Best you can do is scout before you in whatever area you choose.

Reactions: Barabbas
I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with hotels, but keep it close to a Yamanote Line station and you can't go too wrong. Probably around the Shinjuku/Shibuya sector of that circle might be more efficient but might cost more too.

Some cheaper hotels won't let you bring a girl back. Some turn a blind eye. Some you can sneak them in. It all depends, you'll have to just pick a place and hope.

Last trains are generally around midnight, so you'll have to get a girl back to your hotel by then or stay out til 5:30am ish unless you can get her into a love hotel. Assuming you are hunting a train ride away from your hotel.

Other logitstics will depend specifically on your hunting ground. Best you can do is scout before you in whatever area you choose.
Got it and thanks again.

While Tinder has been trash as expected I got some optimistic matches on With. But I can't message them without a Japanese passport?? Is there any way around this? I'm in Japan for some months but I won't be getting a resident card or passport.

While Tinder has been trash as expected I got some optimistic matches on With. But I can't message them without a Japanese passport?? Is there any way around this? I'm in Japan for some months but I won't be getting a resident card or passport.
Yeah most Japanese apps require Japanese identification before you can message: a residence card, JP drivers license or JP passport.
I'm afraid I don't know any workarounds for this.
Get a hold of a residence card if you can, otherwise you may be limited to Bumble and Tinder.

Yeah most Japanese apps require Japanese identification before you can message: a residence card, JP drivers license or JP passport.
I'm afraid I don't know any workarounds for this.
Get a hold of a residence card if you can, otherwise you may be limited to Bumble and Tinder.
Nevermind I'm just stupid, they accepted my non-Japanese passport.

I've been trying some apps lately to see how things work, haven't yet looked at the paid options or anything however. Curious to see if other people have similar experiences:

- Bumble: so my expectations for this were high given what people were saying and indeed got quite a few matches, however, none of the matches ever sent me a message so it was completely fruitless. For reference I've used this for like 4 weeks, I think I've got like ~30 matches or so. My profile is quite complete in terms of prompts, hobbies, etc. I wrote everything in Japanese (I do speak Japanese so idc if the girl can't communicate in English) thinking that might make me more approachable / easier for girls to message but to no avail. I of course do mention I can speak English as well. ¿Has anyone else experienced something similar in terms of never getting a message from matches?

- Tinder: jc this is a shithole, it's already barely unusable in other countries but man japanese tinder is something else. 8 out of every 10 profiles are prostitutes/scams trying to send you to twitter/line, and that's just at a mere glance. I would imagine a good amount of the other 2/10 profiles that aren't clearly a scam at a glance are also scams once you match with them.

Last edited:
I've been trying some apps lately to see how things work, haven't yet looked at the paid options or anything however. Curious to see if other people have similar experiences:

- Bumble: so my expectations for this were high given what people were saying and indeed got quite a few matches, however, none of the matches ever sent me a message so it was completely fruitless. For reference I've used this for like 4 weeks, I think I've got like ~30 matches or so. My profile is quite complete in terms of prompts, hobbies, etc. I wrote everything in Japanese (I do speak Japanese so idc if the girl can't communicate in English) thinking that might make me more approachable / easier for girls to message but to no avail. I of course do mention I can speak English as well. ¿Has anyone else experienced something similar in terms of never getting a message from matches?

- Tinder: jc this is a shithole, it's already barely unusable in other countries but man japanese tinder is something else. 8 out of every 10 profiles are prostitutes/scams trying to send you to twitter/line, and that's just at a mere glance. I would imagine a good amount of the other 2/10 profiles that aren't clearly a scam at a glance are also scams once you match with them.
Yup same exact experience. Bunch of matches on Bumble but not a single message from them. What's the point?? Also a bunch of Tinder girls that just say DM me on Twitter or other suspicious stuff.

I paid for a month and got responsive matches on the Japanese apps, but they all want serious relationships/marriage and I don't live here, just visiting looking for something casual.

Reactions: GirlLookingForFun

Consider writing less, in the past my profiles have literally been just two or three short bullet points. Also for Bumble I would recommend taking an English-first approach. The number of girls looking for primarily JP communication on Bumble is small.

It could also be your photos, 80% of success on apps is your photos. Have good, professional looking photos and never more than 3.

I am actually getting more likes than expected on Bumble and have had a bunch of matches but most convos just die down after a few messages. No clue if I am not "aggressive" enough or they just talk to the other 300 guys they matched with but I also at this point do it out of boredom...and it's not like the girls matching with me are stunning either. Guess that comes with being an ugly bum.