Guest viewing is limited

Dating Apps: A Guide

birthrate is low because it is troublesome to raise a kid.

it is not just the money, it is the quality of life. developed country citizen has birthrate declining everywhere. being childless is normal (you no longer get nagging such as in developing countries I think).

having babies might result in girls cant work and have to be stay home full time( the lack of day care also worsen this issue).

lifestyle change can be scary, like waking up in the morning because of baby crying. moving to detached house because apartment doesnt allow kids etc. not possible to go to nomikai, movies due to children and the list goes on.
Where is the daycare next to the SL for a happy family ?!

Back again with more wisdom. Don't give a fuck about these girls, they're professional actors. And, get close with an average looking girl and get them to show you their phone. Not only do they have 2500+ likes on dating apps, they have 500+ LINE notifications, let alone other apps. Don't even bother to think about the attention they get on instagram or tiktok.

If you're dating a chronically online girl I weep for you.
New guy here and preparing for my first trip to Japan. Just wanted to chime in to say this comment is spot on and applies to Latin America as well. The past few years, using the sugar daddy approach, I've had success with Tinder in Mexico and especially in Colombia. I'm early 50s and generally prefer being with women 22-29 years old.

I was floored after seeing how much attention they get after a few chicas showed me their Tinder and IG accounts. Not only younger, good looking guys for normal hookups as you would expect; but also plenty of older men (local and foreigner) offering financial benefits.

Even with an average looking girl their cellulars are pretty much a "box of dicks"; and social media has changed everything in terms of relationship dynamics. Times are different now so learn, adapt, and don't get attached.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maxblack
Back again with more wisdom. Don't give a fuck about these girls, they're professional actors. And, get close with an average looking girl and get them to show you their phone. Not only do they have 2500+ likes on dating apps, they have 500+ LINE notifications, let alone other apps. Don't even bother to think about the attention they get on instagram or tiktok.

If you're dating a chronically online girl I weep for you.
Lol
I’m on my phone all the time but it’s hardly for male attention (except for TAG of course).
Just for mobile games, interacting with friends and reading other people’s stories.
Dating apps are a pain in the ass because people never look like their pictures and there are rarely people that are right up my alley, and scheduling appointments with people while you don’t know if it will be a good time and you’ll be getting anything out of it is annoying.
I honestly wish life was more happening around us, but I can’t seem to take my eyes off my phone.

but I can’t seem to take my eyes off my phone.
I think this might be addiction lmao.

I honestly wish life was more happening around us,

Honestly, since I started going out more here and Japan and hanging out with people, I have found my life to be so much better.
When I was on dating apps and on HelloTalk trying to meet up with people and chill, it was a disaster.

With gaming, I joined up on discord and found a community and that helped majorly. But getting outside and touching grass still feels to be number one.

If you don't mind izakaya or bars, perhaps even drink some alcohol (unlike me), then you truly can't NOT make any connections in Japan. Especially as a foreigner. People will say the gaijin card doesn't exist anymore or how it's not as much of a surprise as it used to be but even in Tokyo, people do not expect a a foreigner to stumble into a random bar or izakaya and will be interested either way. Use it to your advantage.

Edit: maybe I should specific the point about random bars; I mean places that aren't necessarily in the heart of Shibuya or Shinjuku. Travel west on the Chuo line to places like Nishi-Ogikubo and you'll find some nice spots.

Last edited:
I tried to sign up for Pairs with my japanese phone number and for some reason it kept saying I was under 18 years old even though I was born in 1993, what gives lol? It was the same thing for Omiai, does anyone know what's happening or have had any similar thing happen to them? I've been using Bumble with some relative success (few matches but no dates yet) but I want to try my hand at the meaty Japanese apps.

Reactions: biggiesmallpop
I was born in 1993, what gives lol?

Holy shiznit!! That is you!! Welcome welcome!!! 🥳🥳🥳👍👍👍

IMG_0173.jpeg

We just went back 20 years. But seriously, either feels like a bug or they think my JP number is a baby.

That's my guess. I get people calling my JP number constantly thinking I'm other people. I guess Japanese SIM cards get passed around a lot.
People with bad credit etc. tend to dump their numbers and get a new one. Very common, and not just in Japan.

Reactions: Alice and dweb
Damn, that sucks, so do I need to get a new number or something? What's the solution here?

they can get your age from phone number?

try move the year around a bit, maybe some bug in the age calculation.

People with bad credit etc. tend to dump their numbers and get a new one. Very common, and not just in Japan.
I wonder if this is the case with esims that have phone numbers too?

I haven’t been able to find a single visitor eSIM that had voice, it all seemed to be data only.

I haven’t been able to find a single visitor eSIM that had voice, it all seemed to be data only.
Likewise, all of the ones I've found with a phone number attached want at least a resident's card, if not permanent residence/driver's license.

Likewise, all of the ones I've found with a phone number attached want at least a resident's card, if not permanent residence/driver's license.
That's the rule for getting a sim card with voice. PR isn't required, just evidence that you're a resident and not a tourists.

That's the rule for getting a sim card with voice. PR isn't required, just evidence that you're a resident and not a tourists.
Good to know for my impending move here, thanks much for the clarification!

Recently just found out about "Boo" the app. Going to see if it is any good.

At least from the reviews it sounds interesting.

Does anyone have any experience with this one?

https://boo.world/ja <-- Please let me know if I can't post links and what not and I will delete let @admin huumans.

I managed to be able to sign for Pairs but boy is it hard, I feel like it's harder to get a like than in Bumble. Also I can't change my Google play region to Japan so kinda hard to download the app versions (just been using them on PC).

I managed to be able to sign for Pairs but boy is it hard, I feel like it's harder to get a like than in Bumble. Also I can't change my Google play region to Japan so kinda hard to download the app versions (just been using them on PC).
make new gmail for japan use.

Reactions: Husniye