Guest viewing is limited

Happening Bars Are Ok, But Couple Kissas Are Better

That is very weird.

I find the Retreat staff to be a bit nutty at times, especially how they administer that "back room" area and the door to it. So they aren't at the top of my list, though I do like how the interior looks for such a club.

I quite agree with all of the bits of your post I quote above.

My best guess is that my Japanese friend misread or misremembered the entrance requirements. She is not really a detail oriented person in general.

But in any case, none of us had a member's card when we arrived, and they did not ask for any id at all beyond glancing in the general direction of our proffered passports.

And based on my extremely limited Happening Bar experience, I'd definitely rate 9259 well above Retreat in all respects except the quality of the interior decor.

-Ww

Reactions: Jimmydr
Gentlemen, great information all around. Thank you for your contributions. Slightly different question. My female friend and I would like to try an HB or Couple Kissa but are concerned about the prospect of a police raid. Both of us work in fields in which we'd have to report any involvement with police and our careers could potentially be destroyed by such an encounter. How often do these raids happen? We are trying to calculate if our pleasure is worth the risk. Thanks for any insight.

@Stephen

That almost never happens. You are talking about very rare events. Many clubs have been open for over a decade and never had problems.

When a club is raided, it's usually because they allowed underage teenagers (which 99% of clubs don't and that's why they check IDs), is a new club (emphasis on NEWLY opened) that opened in an area where they are unwanted, or they were suppose to pay off somebody and didn't.

If you are overly paranoid, just go check out the place and only just have a drink. It will usually put any paranoia and hysteria to rest.

Last edited:
@Solong

Thanks much for the advice. That will put us at enough ease to at least get through the door. What happens on that depends on the environment and ourselves. Based on what I can read from this board we are going to try an HB first (since this is our first time). It seems that the recommendations are for Bliss Out and Arabesque. Would you gentlemen concur? If we decide to go CK route I've written down Olive 21 but that's it. Any extra info would be appreciated. Thanks again for your time and contributions.

Thanks for the information. This is valuable information for those who aren't living in Japan/ tourists and those who have limited information.

That's too bad that it has come to this. So if you're a single man, there's no chance to see a couple kissa bar then? Or are there single women out there available to accompany you?

Everyone,

This is a great thread. Especially,appreciate all the detail Solong put into this. Just want to say that my wife and I will be in Tokyo the weekend of April 4, and we will be giving one of the Couple Kissas a try, probably Olive. We would also be happy to meet folks from this thread for a drink and possibly play.

We are a married couple, she Chinese, 30. Me American, 40. We're both in great shape, experienced in the lifestyle, and lots of fun. Just hoping to meet like minded folks while we are there.

Best,

S & J

Hey there !

Thanks for this wonderful thread, very helpful ! Here is the plot : I'm currently in Tokyo with my gf, and we want to give a Couple Kissa a try. We are both from Europe, young (mid-20's), healthy and good looking (she's blonde with blue eyes, asian people always admire her...) but we don't speak a single word of Japanese (except the few basics of course...) !

With Solong posts we could see Olive21 is the one that fits better, since we are pretty new to this and she doesn't want single guys to hang around... We don't even know if we'd swap or just watch and be watched.

1/ Are foreigners allowed in Olive21 ? I already sent an email in english but no answer.

2/ How much is it for both of us ? Admission fee + entrance is 7000 or 5000+7000 ?

3/ Is the fact we're not speaking Japanese a real issue ? Or can we just nod when he tells the rules... ? :)

4/ Do Japanese in this club willing to watch and swap with foreigners ? My gf is bi-curious so she might have fun with girls too...

If everything is ok we should go there next week before leaving, during Golden Week actually...

1/ Are foreigners allowed in Olive21 ? I already sent an email in english but no answer.

2/ How much is it for both of us ? Admission fee + entrance is 7000 or 5000+7000 ?

3/ Is the fact we're not speaking Japanese a real issue ? Or can we just nod when he tells the rules... ? :)

4/ Do Japanese in this club willing to watch and swap with foreigners ? My gf is bi-curious so she might have fun with girls too...

@syckness

1) Yes, foreigners are allowed in the club, but you need to be able to speak basic Japanese. You DON'T need to be fluent, but do need to understand what's going on.

In fact, they will politely test your Japanese speaking ability, but it's a SIMPLE test. The reason for this is to prevent misunderstandings and potential arguments with Japanese couples.

Ways around this, is to come with a Japanese couple or have a Japanese partner (can be Japanese speaking foreign couple too).

Another way is to have experience with swinging at Japanese clubs, to compliment your basic level Japanese speaking. In that way, you know how to act and what's going on. If you tell them that you have been to other JAPANESE happening bars that THEY know, they will be more lenient in allowing you to become a member, as you understand the rules of conduct. SHOW them your membership card from the other happening bar.

1B) No, they are not going to answer e-mails in English.

2) The fee is 7,000 yen for both of you. Only couples can enter, so prices are for couples.

Edit- You might be charged a first time new member's fee and for you membership card. I forgot what it was...

3) See answer to 1. The point is not so much your Japanese, but that you need to understand the rules and how to interact with other Japanese couples to not cause problems for the club.

A) I suggest that you get familiar with interacting with Japanese couples and rules.

Try the happening bars Sleeping Beauty in Shibuya ( http://www.sleeping-beauty2006.com/) or WakuWaku 9259 in east Shinjuku (http://www.bar9259.com/) WakuWaku 9259 is very good at teaching that "weird Japanese vibe". Don't expect much swinger action, but you will often get a Japanese cultural experience.

They both are more lenient about Japanese language ability, and tend to have people and staff that speak SOME English. Just going 1x or 2x, is usually enough for you to figure out how to interact with Japanese couples.

B) Olive-21 is HARDCORE.

Couple Kissas aren't like Happening Bars or time wasting. People at Olive (couple kissas) will swap, a lot.

You should understand the "vibe". Many Japanese can be a bit weird to foreigners. So it's good to have a bit of experience dealing with them.

C) If you have experience as swingers and think you both can handle it, then you can go straight to Olive (Friday or Saturday is best). But be honest with yourself about your experience level and ability to interact with Japanese couples.

4) Most Japanese will happily swap with foreigners. Especially if the couple is good looking, young, and/or the lady is bi. There are a lot of bi-curious Japanese women.

It's only some Japanese that have a kind of ultra-nationalistic vibe. You will often spot those types by their standoffish behavior or overly trying to ignore your attempts to communicate with them.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for this kind answer... !

I also read your feedback about Happening Bars and I'm afraid this would be a waste of time for us because we really want to experiment swapping in Tokyo...
About Olive21, I guess the only concern is the japanese test since we really cannot understand japanese... Have you ever heard of people who got refused because they could only communicate in english ?

Have you ever heard of people who got refused because they could only communicate in english ?

Yes! This is routine in Japan, not only in the context of CKs and HBs but in all sorts of nightlife and other contexts. If your international experience is limited to Europe and other areas where English serves and the "lingua franca" (oxymoronic though that sounds) for travelers, you are in for many surprises in Asia in general and particularly in Japan.

-Ww

Here's my feedback :
We tried to go tonight to Olive21 with my gf (both from Europe), but as expected we couldnt pretend speaking japanese so... Bye bye...

We then headed to Bliss-out, helped by an old ugly man who was outside. But we decided not to enter because it was creepy downstairs, and we didnt know if it was worth the price. Paying 8500Y without knowing whats going on inside and just have a drink... My gf wouldnt take that risk !

So we were really disappointed, anyway if a couple speaking japanese is willing to go to Olive21 and help us to enter, he's more than welcome ! Before friday...

Cheers

Here's my feedback :
We tried to go tonight to Olive21 with my gf (both from Europe), but as expected we couldnt pretend speaking japanese so... Bye bye...

We then headed to Bliss-out, helped by an old ugly man who was outside. But we decided not to enter because it was creepy downstairs, and we didnt know if it was worth the price. Paying 8500Y without knowing whats going on inside and just have a drink... My gf wouldnt take that risk !

So we were really disappointed, anyway if a couple speaking japanese is willing to go to Olive21 and help us to enter, he's more than welcome ! Before friday...

Cheers

1) It's hard getting around the Japanese language requirements, UNLESS the bar is specifically friendly to foreigners or you bring friends who are Japanese or speak Japanese.

2) You can put an ad out on Craigslist or Adult FriendFinder. Responses from Craigslist by other swinger couples are usually quick.

2B) Meet at a coffee shop first, to make sure you feel comfortable with them.

3) Per my advice, I had recommended Sleeping Beauty (Shibuya) or Waku Waku in (East Shinjuku). As they both tend to be lenient with foreigners.

3B) Bliss-out is actually nice inside, you should have arguably given it a shot and they are foreigner friendly. However, how much action there will be in Happening Bars is totally random and like playing a slot machine. Could be great, could be boring. Bliss-out has been slipping in people coming, so I recommended the other bars first.

But, BRINGING people with you stacks the deck in your favor.

I've just recently discovered this site and have greatly enjoyed reading through much of the information you've provided regarding this topic. I'm an American - Wife is Japanese . We are both in great physical condition, have been told we are a very attractive and considered socially well adjusted by others.

My wife and I will be in Tokyo for a few days and I was hoping you could provide me with an update regarding HB & CK links and suggestions as to which establishment(s) would be best for middle aged couples to experience an enjoyable and mutually rewarding first time experience.

Hi all,
alot of great comments on happening bars and couple kissa. would a group of people want to get together to go to a happening bar this Friday June 20? I'd like to get out and meet other people looking to play. I'm thinking ot go to Bliss-out on Friday night. Would any of you want to join a group going out?

Or if anyone has strong feelings about going to Sleeping Beauty or WakuWaku 9259 we could go to one of those places instead.

Dear Solong,

thanks for these loads of information!
I am from Europe in my end 20s, new to this and very interested in this scene and have a weakness for japanese woman.
From 2nd to 7th October i will be in Tokyo alone and hope to find someone to try it out with me or a couple that can introduce me to the scene and some people.
My japanese is unfortunately around zero, but i am adventurous, polite and patient and will manage to have some conversation in poor language :) afterwards.
As a single men it might be harder, but actually i have someone back at home i am thinking to introduce too after i tried it.

I followed your advice and posted on craiglist.
Hope to get a reply there or here!

Dear Solong,

thanks for these loads of information!
I am from Europe in my end 20s, new to this and very interested in this scene and have a weakness for japanese woman.
From 2nd to 7th October i will be in Tokyo alone and hope to find someone to try it out with me or a couple that can introduce me to the scene and some people.
My japanese is unfortunately around zero, but i am adventurous, polite and patient and will manage to have some conversation in poor language :) afterwards.
As a single men it might be harder, but actually i have someone back at home i am thinking to introduce too after i tried it.

I followed your advice and posted on craiglist.
Hope to get a reply there or here!

Craigslist and AFF are best if you are posting as a couple looking for another couple. Next best is you posting to meet a couple, not single woman. Then suggest the couple meet up with you at the swinger club.

A single woman is possible from that route, but a much bigger gamble that you will get it.

As a single guy, it's a lot more tricky. If you are going the online route, better to use regular dating websites. You can use personal ad sites like Metropolis and Craigslist too, but your ad or reply is best as a normal date, then you can explain on the date. That is just how it is and how women are. A straight up swinger ad, from a guy to women, is unlikely to work.

When you meet the lady, you can then suggest going to a swinger club. However, it's usually better that you have been to the club first and are familiar with it. Women tend to be more fearful or hysterical, so you will have to be the strong guide and mentor for them.

You can go as a single guy, and depending on the night, may find some good action and single ladies. On 10/3, Bliss-out is having a party. It will be expensive for single guys, but might be worth it.

Reactions: horber
Craigslist and AFF are best if you are posting as a couple looking for another couple. Next best is you posting to meet a couple, not single woman. Then suggest the couple meet up with you at the swinger club.

A single woman is possible from that route, but a much bigger gamble that you will get it.

As a single guy, it's a lot more tricky. If you are going the online route, better to use regular dating websites. You can use personal ad sites like Metropolis and Craigslist too, but your ad or reply is best as a normal date, then you can explain on the date. That is just how it is and how women are. A straight up swinger ad, from a guy to women, is unlikely to work.

When you meet the lady, you can then suggest going to a swinger club. However, it's usually better that you have been to the club first and are familiar with it. Women tend to be more fearful or hysterical, so you will have to be the strong guide and mentor for them.

You can go as a single guy, and depending on the night, may find some good action and single ladies. On 10/3, Bliss-out is having a party. It will be expensive for single guys, but might be worth it.

Great, thanks for the quick reply!

I think it's not a good idea to bring a single lady who is also new with me as i have no idea and no japanese.
Anyway hard for me to find one that way since i am usually not the fastest, and this time am a bit late.
I also wrote some couples and posted it too, so hope to find someone that way.
Would make me feel more comfortable if i can speak about it with someone and ask some more basic questions.
A couple here? I'll invite you for a tea or drink before so we can get to know!

The Party in Bliss-out souns nice. They have also something like a "First Trial Campaign" but i don't understand if thats something for me.
On your post about the Bliss-Out it sounded a bit single foreigner guy unfriendly, but i want to try it anyway.

Is there is any single woman (better with experience) who want to come with me and help me translate to get in at least?
We would get through as couple propably and i pay it of course.
You would also have a favor free...

Looks like i'll have to go alone, i got no reply, everywhere.
Guess i seemed like a naughty freak who just wants to get a easy chance...
*UPDATE: gosch, i just forgot to really publish the post^^*

As i am more interested in the whole experience and how the people are, I would really appreciate it if someone can give me a quick introduction, because i know like nothing and don't want to make someone feel uncomfortable because i did something thats rude in Japan.
I have some manners, but i am asking for the smal details that might be a cultural difference.

You go down there, then its like a bar or ballroom?
Do you meet each other there and talk, and when you like each other then go together somewhere?
Or first at all to a changing room?
Is there a chance that the other guests are speaking a bit english so I can have a conversation at least?

Hope to get a reply.

Last edited:
@chuchu

1) A lot of women are hypocritical about sexuality.

So you can have women advertise they are bi, kinky, poly, etc... But if they see a guy doing it, they will label him a creep.

Also a lot of women that openly advertise are just attention whoring and playing games. You can't trust that they are being honest.

2) A lot of women straight up lie (and lie a lot) about their sexuality. To others and even themselves.

So a woman can tell you she is an almost virgin, even though she did a 3 way last night.

3) Better to do the normal dating process online, then figure out her sexuality and level through conversation and questions.

If the woman is adventurous, honest, or at a high level then it's possible to take her to a swinger club the 1st or 2nd date.

Last edited:
Looks like i'll have to go alone, i got no reply, everywhere.
Guess i seemed like a naughty freak who just wants to get a easy chance...
*UPDATE: gosch, i just forgot to really publish the post^^*

As i am more interested in the whole experience and how the people are, I would really appreciate it if someone can give me a quick introduction, because i know like nothing and don't want to make someone feel uncomfortable because i did something thats rude in Japan.
I have some manners, but i am asking for the smal details that might be a cultural difference.

You go down there, then its like a bar or ballroom?
Do you meet each other there and talk, and when you like each other then go together somewhere?
Or first at all to a changing room?
Is there a chance that the other guests are speaking a bit english so I can have a conversation at least?

Hope to get a reply.
Just saw this. Best way is to go and find out
;-)

@Solong

I met a girl in an oppai bar last nite who does an erotic dance at a Happening Bar

www.t-colors.net

She said Wensday is best nite 4 female:male ratio. 5000 yen 4 all u can drink

Have u or n e 1 else been there? Its in Kabukicho off Shiyakusho Dori

Can confirm: AKB69's happening bar girl was amazingly hot. Long hair with bangs like Bettie Paige. :love:

Last edited:
@Solong

I met a girl in an oppai bar last nite who does an erotic dance at a Happening Bar

www.t-colors.net

She said Wensday is best nite 4 female:male ratio. 5000 yen 4 all u can drink

Have u or n e 1 else been there? Its in Kabukicho off Shiyakusho Dori

I went there before, when it was under different management. It was called Tru Colors. Back then, it was a decent club, as the manager used to run Silk (a very famous and fun Happening bar.) Silk is now Bliss-out, under new management.

Didn't like their sign up process ( t-colors ) as brought a lady friend, and they wanted to get all and way too much of our information. Never became a member, as a result. Maybe they have changed since then, so might check them out sometime in the near future.

Have talked to guys that went there. There setup is a bit different from other Happening bars.

Supposedly they do a kind of non-swinger or newbie party, then after 10pm or something like that, it becomes a swinger club. Was told it's an almost no action place.

I don't usually like the shows, because that often means the club is terrible for swinging and no action. To hide the fact there is no action, but get people to come, they perform shows. Often things like pole dancing, strip tease, shibari (tie up people with ropes), S&M, etc... So then, the club becomes a FETISH bar, masquerading and lying that it's a happening/swinger bar.

The fetish bar, in order to charge extremely high prices, will try to portray itself as a happening bar and attempt to trick male customers into thinking something might happen. However, nothing happens OR the couple playing with each are performing and putting on a show (more tricks and faking).

Last edited:
Reactions: Hamerare
We are Malaysian Chinese couple will be in Tokyo for the 1st time on Dec 24th to 30th. We are swingers and wife is consider sexy n tall. Which club would u suggest for us to try? Is there also any hot spring for adults to go to as well? Thanks

Hello Solong

I would like to thank you for your valuable inputs.
I jsut registered as we are a mixed swinger couple (Me French Black Guy / JP Girl) and we are looking for other couples to meet at Olive 21 on Friday June 5th or saturday June 6th night. We already went to swinger Club in Paris and Barcelona and we would love to experiment Japanese night life.
To be honnest I didn't know where to send this request.

We look forward to hear about many couples in the same mood as we are

E&Y

Reactions: Solong
Use the conversation feature

Reactions: meiji