Guest viewing is limited

I Hate Night Clubs !

Solong if you are white and a Japanese woman doesn't want to sleep with you it doesn't make her a racist or nationalist. It just means : you are not her type (but she might be open to other white men), white men may not be her type (and that's ok, it isn't racism. Everybody have their own liking.), she might not be the type of person who wants to have sex with people she barely knows (and that's OK too).
In any case I don't see any proof of racism in there. Feel free to explain where do you see racism
Reread what I typed. I didn't say if a Japanese woman doesn't sleep with a White guy (or other race) that she is racist. And why type only "White"? There are other colors and races of men.

I typed that the LOCATION or bar/club doesn't make a difference, if she is racist or bias against you (or if she likes you). Going to a bar/club with less foreigners wouldn't ordinarily change her particular view on the guy approaching her.

Last edited:
Oh I see, I read too fast I guess.
I said white for the example of course...

In my opinion going to a club with less gaijin gives you the advantage of uniqueness, and can get more people interested in talking with you, women or men. It could lead to nice conversation and future romance or friendship (I would say that is rare) or more annoying conversation full of stereotypes about gaijin and stereotyped questions. The annoyingness level may vary depending how many times you've heard the same questions over again and how nice of a person you are.
Personnaly I can't take any "nihongo jozu" after saying as meaningful word as arigato, but that's me. Some of my friends are much cooler and don't mind talking about same superficial topics every weekend.

Reactions: Solong
Oh I see, I read too fast I guess.
I said white for the example of course...

In my opinion going to a club with less gaijin gives you the advantage of uniqueness, and can get more people interested in talking with you, women or men. It could lead to nice conversation and future romance or friendship (I would say that is rare) or more annoying conversation full of stereotypes about gaijin and stereotyped questions. The annoyingness level may vary depending how many times you've heard the same questions over again and how nice of a person you are.
Personnaly I can't take any "nihongo jozu" after saying as meaningful word as arigato, but that's me. Some of my friends are much cooler and don't mind talking about same superficial topics every weekend.

You bring up a very good point. I've heard this argument many times, where there being few other foreigners, appears to make you more interesting to Japanese.

Hmmm... That's a difficult one to reply to, because at times it can apper to be true. But for reasons different than many think.

1) Japanese interested in foreigners have less choice in X location, so choose the only one there.

To an extent this is true, but only to how arguably lazy or socially limited the Japanese person is. A Japanese person interested in foreigners can travel overseas, use online hookup for the city they are in, or make it a point to jump to different clubs where there are more foreign men.

In other words, because you are the only foreigner there at that time, doesn't mean they have to talk to you or they don't have other options.

2) Bias against supposedly or rumors of rowdy foreigners that tore up a place or were a nuisance.

Here, bias behavior against foreigners is somehow justified based on the experience, media report, or even gossip/rumor that some foreigners did something bad. Therefore Japanese "need" to be on high alert against all foreigners or those in their area. Often stoking irrational fears and excessive paranoia.

In Japan, when a particular group or an individual foreigner does something bad, it seems condemnation or fear can spread throughout the location. Even online or through the media.

So, if a group of Turkish guys get too aggressive in a HUB, for example, it seems many Japanese women can be afraid of all foreigners in that place. Even those that never seen anything, just heard about it or read online gossip.

Say a British guy, who had nothing to do with what some Turkish guy did last week approaches a particular Japanese woman at the same HUB. She starts waiving her hand in the "no" motion and calling him "charai" to her girlfriend.

That British guy may think that because too many foreigners come to that place, then this is the problem. It caused the Japanese women to be afraid, so he must find some magical place where no other foreigners go. Sounds too good to be true? Because it often is. It's not just about the place or number of foreigners.

But when an unwarranted negative reaction by a bias Japanese person is given, often there is little a foreigner can do. You can't stop, beforehand, a preconceived notion or stereotype that a Japanese person, club manager, or even an apartment owner may have.

I've found that more intelligent or more traveled and international minded Japanese will give you the benefit of the doubt before dismissing or discriminating against you. Where those that are close-minded or excessively paranoid, won't. So, how many other foreigners are in the place usually doesn't matter.

Last edited:
If a Japanese woman comes to the HUB, it's almost guaranteed she's looking for foreign men. It isn't for the "beer", that's for sure. (n):poop:

Overall, it seemed to me that the club that wasn't in Roppongi, girls were much more open and interested (at different times seemingly deliberately grouping closer to my friend and I), whereas girls at the Roppongi club were very protective and standoff-ish. They were like 2 parallel universes and the opposite of what I expected being that Roppongi is a hotbed of foreigners. It may have just been the cascade effect - you dance with one girl, other girls see that and then they all become interested. I can't see myself trying to do pick up in the HUB, it seems too awkward to go there alone and establish a proximity to the women.

If a Japanese woman comes to the HUB, it's almost guaranteed she's looking for foreign men. It isn't for the "beer", that's for sure. (n)[emoji14]oop:
Oh that's an interesting theory. Do you really believe that say 90% of Japanese women come to the HUBs looking for foreign men?

And of the HUBs, usually the ones close to major areas (Roppongi, Shinjuku, Shibuya) have foreigners coming to them. If you went to say Gotanda, Kamata, Kawasaki, etc... You would be hard pressed to see or rarely see any foreigners coming to them.

Even the Shinjuku HUBs, only 1 is popular with foreigners, with the others HUBs having few to no non-Asian foreigners at any given time.

I say, people put this theory to the test. Go to any HUB, and watch Japanese women interacting with foreigners. NOT interracial couples coming in, but guys doing pick up in those places. Usually it's pathetic and you'll feel sorry for the foreign men. Well, except for racist or xenophobic types who hate interracial/international couples.

I'm not saying there is never any international interaction or success, but it is very clear that Japanese women don't usually just come for foreign men. In fact, foreigners trying to pick up Japanese women in the HUB is a JOKE among many Japanese now. They can be in ALL Japanese groups, watching the foreigners from a distance as entertainment, or completely ignoring any foreigners and in their own bubble.

Reminds me of the Roppongi clubs and Japanese women throwing their panties at any foreign or White guy (depends on who is telling it) stories that I would hear Japanese guys say.

Seems to me there is a huge gap between reality and this fantasy world Japan people seem to like referring to.

Last edited:
As mentioned, the average guy isn't digging too deeply into the sexual history or views of women, and many prefer not to know. And even if or when attempting to do so, only on a superficial level, exchanging only what is socially acceptable, or massively sugarcoating whatever is said.

I'm interested in neither the superficial or socially acceptable, especially when it conflicts with reality, truth, or honesty.

While I almost admire your singular belief in your ability to detect lies from truth in what women tell you (a rare talent in itself), I (and a few others here) am a bit bothered by some basic assumptions you consistently make in your "observations". Namely, even if you completely trust your ability to identify true information about someone's sexual history or personal views, you almost always apply this pseudo-Freudian, pop-psychology analysis to this information and then extrapolate grand theories about the roots of their individual behaviors, which you then often generalize to the entire female population of Japan (and occasionally the entire gender).

While your points might be valid, it just sometimes feels a bit too simplistic and presumptuous. It's a little like watching those cop shows like CSI or Law and Order, in the end everything fits neatly into a prescribed package, but we all know from our daily lives that life is almost never that way.

I agree with @Curacao about "confirmation bias" influencing many of your views. This is especially common when conclusions are solely based on individual anecdotes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

And I also really agree with @Mr Cat that women in night clubs or bars (or public) have a right to be there *just* to dance or hang out with friends (or walk home), and they have the right to be not interested in *any* guy who hits on them for their contact info. This doesn't automatically confer some negative personality, which you often seem to imply. As if every healthy, balanced woman should at any time or place, gladly flirt with you, give you her contact info, and have sex with you every time you hit on her. This is not reality.

Last edited:
It's probably not worth mentioning. But this is a little too coincidental because one of my older students brought up this particular party and had probed me with questions on what I knew about it, if I had ever heard of it, knew what they did, etc. I had no idea what he was talking about at first and had him explain more in detail. At that time, I kind of got the sense that he was probing to find out if I was related to it in some way (how?:cautious:). Since I had no knowledge of this minority party it seemed we were at a roadblock of what to talk about, yet he wanted to continue the conversation about it. Now he never mentioned racism, but instead the nationalistic views this group competes against other parties.
http://japanfocus.org/-Arudou-Debito/2386/article.html
I assume it was this he was speaking of as he did mention the publications by the party.

While I almost admire your singular belief in your ability to detect lies from truth in what women tell you (a rare talent in itself), I (and a few others here) am a bit bothered by some basic assumptions you consistently make in your "observations". Namely, even if you completely trust your ability to identify true information about someone's sexual history or personal views, you almost always apply this pseudo-Freudian, pop-psychology analysis to this information and then extrapolate grand theories about the roots of their individual behaviors, which you then often generalize to the entire female population of Japan (and occasionally the entire gender).

While your points might be valid, it just sometimes feels a bit too simplistic and presumptuous. It's a little like watching those cop shows like CSI or Law and Order, in the end everything fits neatly into a prescribed package, but we all know from our daily lives that life is almost never that way.

I agree with @Curacao about "confirmation bias" influencing many of your views. This is especially common when conclusions are solely based on individual anecdotes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

And I also really agree with @Mr Cat that women in night clubs or bars (or public) have a right to be there *just* to dance or hang out with friends or walk home, and they have the right to be not interested in *any* guy who hits on them for their contact info. This doesn't automatically confer some negative personality, which you often seem to imply. This is not reality.
You can believe so, as if it's impossible to observe any facts or credible theories can't come from experience and observation. You are free to believe we can't tell the sky is blue by looking at it, and that gravity is just a figment of Newton's imagination.

And while others talk smack, I live the life and are in the places that I talk about. I know what I've seen, and as entitled as anyone to form an opinion about it.

As if every healthy, balanced woman should at any time or place, gladly flirt with you, give you her contact info, and have sex with you every time you hit on her.

I've never typed any argument such as that. Please don't attribute an argument to me, that I haven't stated. I firmly believe women and men should be free to choose whomever they like.

I was referencing things that I saw, and have happened to me directly or to friends of mine.

uploadfromtaptalk1449672568507.jpg

(Another ridiculous drunk sleeping in front of Shinjuku HUB or maybe it's just my imagination. I only think, what I thought that I saw, was real.
[emoji12] )

Last edited:
Namely, even if you completely trust your ability to identify true information about someone's sexual history or personal views, you almost always apply this pseudo-Freudian, pop-psychology analysis to this information and then extrapolate grand theories about the roots of their individual behaviors, which you then often generalize to the entire female population of Japan (and occasionally the entire gender).

And I also really agree with @Mr Cat that women in night clubs or bars (or public) have a right to be there *just* to dance or hang out with friends (or walk home), and they have the right to be not interested in *any* guy who hits on them for their contact info.

Without elaborating them in my usual verbose way, let me just note that I very much agree with all of the above points...and especially the confirmation bias one. The "often right, sometimes wrong but never in doubt" syndrome is a very common symptom of confirmation bias. To the person in question, the world as they perceive it (anecdotally) *overwhelmingly* and genuinely (from their perspective) supports their established views and understandings.

(Uh, what do photos of drunks have to do with anything? There were tons of blanked out their minds, and consciousness, drunks around in the rocking old bubble days too; they just got blasted on more expensive booze back then.)

-Ww

This is a deceptive comment. And I'm going to call you out on it.

What is it that was said, that you have never ever seen females do?

You don't know women cheat?

Never heard a woman lie?

Perhaps you want to tell us that women are always goody goody Cinderella sweet cheery whatever mommy says angels. Or, perhaps it's only the Japanese women that are this magically goody goody.

Of course I have known all those things to happen. We all have. Neither I nor anyone else here is maintaining such absurdities as that women don't lie. If you are going to set up straw men, why not at least construct plausible ones.

What I did say, as did @Sinapse first in this thread, is that the overall picture of women and interacting with them that I receive from your posts is *very* different from the one I experience myself personally. It is also quite different from what I have heard from the very large majority of men over many years and in many places.

To cast this in your metaphor:

http://www.tokyoadultguide.com/threads/i-hate-night-clubs.9395/page-2#post-42450

It is not as though you are an overall happy Porsche owner/driver with a few complaints about some "engine issues"; rather it is that you criticize Porsches so consistently and extensively compared to everything else that I know personally from driving my Porsche and have heard from other Porsche drivers that I can scarcely believe you are talking about the same make of car. As far as I understand him, that's also what @Sinapse meant by his comment "I frequently hear you mention things like this about Japanese women.. and I'm wondering if we're in the same dating pool! ... Seriously though, I see little to NONE of what you're talking about here..."

It is puzzling. Maybe it is just the way you express yourself, an extreme "glass half empty" perspective... Maybe. I dunno. But it does seem odd to me.

-Ww

Oh that's an interesting theory. Do you really believe that say 90% of Japanese women come to the HUBs looking for foreign men?
I said almost. Those that aren't hunting gaijin have zero taste if the HUB is their idea of a fun place to drink. It's the McDonalds of bars. (n)(n)(n)

I said almost. Those that aren't hunting gaijin have zero taste if the HUB is their idea of a fun place to drink. It's the McDonalds of bars. (n)(n)(n)
Oh boy.....I know where I'm going tonight!!! :p

It's a toss up........and I let them both fall......

But I'm ready for a drink or 2.....Beer O'clock passed a couple of hours ago.....

Reactions: Wwanderer
What I did say, as did @Sinapse first in this thread, is that the overall picture of women and interacting with them that I receive from your posts is *very* different from the one I experience myself personally. It is also quite different from what I have heard from the very large majority of men over many years and in many places.
-Ww

You aren't slick. The strawman is coming from you. The question I'm asking is what is different about what I have described that you haven't seen before or the large legion of men that you claim?

You gave ZERO examples. All that you are doing is playing a subtle game of strawman. Then accussing me, of something you are very much doing.

You then state that you have seen women lie and cheat too (oh my, they are humans not infallible princesses). That's agreement about reality, not what is so different about the fantasy of Japan you seem trying to perpetuate.

Exactly what are you trying to say about Japanese women or Japan anyway, in contrast? That things always go silky smooth here... Come on, stop with that BS.

Last edited:
The challenge still stands. I recommend people actually GO to a HUB, watch, and observe.

Even in the HUBs where foreigners frequent most, it's very clear the majority of Japanese women are mostly NOT there to talk to foreigners. You may also be confusing those Japanese wanting to go to a different type of place (fuinki 雰囲気 ) or to look, with them proactively chasing after or trying to date foreigners.

And there are many HUBs, with NO foreigners in them or who rarely come there.

Lastly, it's very odd to see you (a pro monger) support picking up Japanese women at HUBs. So you are a PUA all star now??? OK, got it.

Last edited:
The challenge still stands. I recommend people actually GO to a HUB, watch, and observe.

Even in the HUBs where foreigners frequent most, it's very clear the majority of Japanese women are mostly NOT there to talk to foreigners. You may also be confusing those Japanese wanting to go to a different type of place (fuinki 雰囲気 ) or to look, with them proactively chasing after foreigners.

And there are many HUBs, with NO foreigners in them or who rarely come there.

Lastly, it's very odd that you support picking up Japanese women at HUBs. So you are a PUA all star now???
The Hub gets real busy on soccer night.....but since that's a children's game it fits......
Not my kind of club.....been a few times....happy hour or meeting place to start the night.....

Reactions: Wwanderer
The Hub gets real busy on soccer night.....but since that's a children's game it fits......
Not my kind of club.....been a few times....happy hour or meeting place to start the night.....
I've been to and picked up many women from the HUBs. I'm very aware of them.

Though I'm a bit confused by your comment. Come to a HUB on soccer night and any foreign guy is guaranteed to get laid???

I was just saying previously, that it's not necessarily the place foreign guys will want to go for women nor is it the "easiest" and "best" pick up place in Japan, as its being labeled here. And getting this label, from mongers who are often anti-pickup.

Because if the HUB is that easy, and most of the Japanese women are looking for and throwing their panties at foreigners there, then I'm not understanding all these mongers having to buy sex. There is a clear disconnect with reality somewhere.

Reactions: TokyoJoeblow
Hehe, HUB IS pretty easy though ^^

Though I'm a bit confused by your comment. Come to a HUB on soccer night and any foreign guy is guaranteed to get laid???

No, I'm saying that years ago the hub was okish......going anywhere nowadays....there's zero guarantee at the club scene......soccer night they're there to watch the soccer games.......and if you move in you're just gonna piss'm off......unless ur wearing a jersey of their favorite team.......a good ice breaker......
but the hub sucks......

Reactions: Solong
Since the HUB is so very easy (as is claimed) for any foreigners to get laid, let's declare an official end to prostitution and paying for sex.

Every guy, run to [emoji322] HUB[emoji322] . She is waiting [emoji137]

It's the MAGICAL place where panties are flying everywhere, and women are waiting with their legs wide open. Be the first to hump her.

And if you believe that, maybe you believe in unicorns too.

Last edited:
Reactions: TokyoJoeblow