Positive prostitution books and movies?

This is not directly about sexwork but i have not related to a movie this much in a long time.

So i just watched “departures” for the first time. I felt like the way he has to hide his job from everyone and the way his friend and wife react when they find out is very very similar to sexwork. It was really emotional for me to see this in a movie and i felt very understood. I feel like its much the same taboo. Just like this guy i have a job that means a lot to me and that i’m very emotionally invested in but that other people are really grossed out by and want nothing to do with, like its a bad thing.

And would definitely consider this as a possible carreer change in the future.

We just watched it this evening and loved it. Thinking about the similarities to sexwork as @User#8628 pointed out made the movie even more interesting.

And Alice, if you ever get into this career, I’d imagine there’d be tons of guys who would want you to send them off that way (assuming you are like the main character and not like the ones that tried to do his father :LOL: ) ;)

Reactions: Simonka
This is not directly about sexwork but i have not related to a movie this much in a long time.

So i just watched “departures” for the first time. I felt like the way he has to hide his job from everyone and the way his friend and wife react when they find out is very very similar to sexwork. It was really emotional for me to see this in a movie and i felt very understood. I feel like its much the same taboo. Just like this guy i have a job that means a lot to me and that i’m very emotionally invested in but that other people are really grossed out by and want nothing to do with, like its a bad thing.

And would definitely consider this as a possible carreer change in the future.
I would like to watch it. Where did you find it? It’s not on Hulu or iTunes or Netflix - what I can see.

Reactions: Simonka
Hmmm... A clown playing the violin on a Swiss mountain. 'Departures' - looks like a pretentious chick flick. I'm guessing Meryl Streep makes a cameo.

It is definitely one to put on the 10 foot pole list.

Don’t make fun of me, its the legal and clean way.
Sure i have netflix too but they usually don’t have the movies i want to watch, like in this case.
I use netflix mainly for series, or if the weather is too bad to go to tsutaya.
Not making fun @User#8628 just thought it interesting you using Old School method for being soooo young... I assume DVD and not VHS - you probably don't know VHS...(Noooo it does not mean Very Hairy Snatch) :p:D:D:D:D

Not making fun @User#8628 just thought it interesting you using Old School method for being soooo young... I assume DVD and not VHS - you probably don't know VHS...(Noooo it does not mean Very Hairy Snatch) :p:D:D:D:D
I have watched exclusively VHS in my childhood (although i actually didn’t know the English term until recently). We didn’t get a dvd player until my tweens i think.

I didn’t know we can still buy VHS players.
You can buy them secondhand.

I go to tsutaya because i have never been one for illegal downloading since i’m a technical noob and its can have bad consequences for your pc if it goes wrong. I think most Japanese people use tsutaya, even young ones, so I don’t feel very weird here.
Tsutaya has a few videos left but most are dvds anyway and they regularly have the newest movies coming in on dvd, so its not dated. You can also buy new movies as dvds online so its not like dvds are dead already. I did see that you can download movies from Itunes now and that looks good but I haven’t really looked into that yet. I do want it to be able to play on my tv, but i have internet on the tv so i suppose it’s possible (if NHK asks though, no i dont have a tv). Dvd is just so easy because you just slide them in and thats it ;)

I’m actually very old fashioned and slow and bad with technical stuff and although i can’t live without my smartphone i often think my life would better without the internet. If i could, i would go back in time just a few decades.

i often think my life would better without the internet. If i could, i would go back in time just a few decades.

Says a person who has never lived without the internet. :p

The Good Old Times; they were shit. Trust me, I was there. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
So was I, and I quite enjoyed them ;)

No you weren't. The good old times stopped when you were born. Ask you dad. :p

No you weren't. The good old times stopped when you were born. Ask you dad. :p

If I was to ask him, he'd say I kept my mum busy so that he could go out and have even MORE fun..... :)

I have watched exclusively VHS in my childhood (although i actually didn’t know the English term until recently). We didn’t get a dvd player until my tweens i think.

You can buy them secondhand.

I go to tsutaya because i have never been one for illegal downloading since i’m a technical noob and its can have bad consequences for your pc if it goes wrong. I think most Japanese people use tsutaya, even young ones, so I don’t feel very weird here.
Tsutaya has a few videos left but most are dvds anyway and they regularly have the newest movies coming in on dvd, so its not dated. You can also buy new movies as dvds online so its not like dvds are dead already. I did see that you can download movies from Itunes now and that looks good but I haven’t really looked into that yet. I do want it to be able to play on my tv, but i have internet on the tv so i suppose it’s possible (if NHK asks though, no i dont have a tv). Dvd is just so easy because you just slide them in and thats it ;)

I’m actually very old fashioned and slow and bad with technical stuff and although i can’t live without my smartphone i often think my life would better without the internet. If i could, i would go back in time just a few decades.
I knew you were an "Old Soul"...:) that's a compliment by the way ;) OK, so you grew up on VHS... You don't need to download to watch on internet. I get the Tech Noob stuff too.. don't want your PC to be corrupted with some virus or malware... Whatever you are comfortable with... It just took me back a little because you are so young... :D

So what decade would you prefer to go back to ? :D

Reactions: AliceInWonderland