Sexually Transmitted Disease (std) Talk

So when I explain my mongering to my coworkers, they try to get on my ass about I spend money for pussy as they call it. I give them a couple of points.

1) Cost compared to what I want. One ex GF before we were intimate, I spent in total around 1K, to include dates, travel, hotels, etc...Where as I can pay far less for a date have an intimate setting combined with a GFE and to steal a line from the Isley Brothers, "Making Love Between the Sheets."

2) The infection rate in Japan. I don't know where I read it nor have I done the research into it, but most of my research seems to indicate a 10% infection among the population in sexually active adults. I use this as most of the guys I know who have well been with girls out in town seem to come back to the clinic because they were burned. I know that SW have to get checked (at least that is what is stated) every month, this peace of mind allows me to do what I do. Thankfully I have not been burned (knock on wood), but the fact that they have to get checked along with me trying to justify monthly checks is worth it. In my time mongering I have not been burned, however since that time I have had friends and coworkers burned MULTIPLE times by women out in town. The fact that they do not practice safe sex is BEYOND ridiculous. The two times in my mongering career that I have had unprotected sex (condom broke), I was fortunate.

3) I don't know why and I am completely sorry to say this, but most women I have been with outside of SW, their lady parts smell. I do not know why this is, but for some odd reason, I stand a better chance of being with an SW whose parts do not smell. I have only been with a handful of SW who have had smelly lady parts, even then the amount is so few I can count them on the one hand and l won't get past 5.

As with anything about sexual activity, you run the chance of meeting someone regardless of the country who has an STI; it is either that they do not know that they have one or they feel too embarrassed to tell you and or get checked and receive the proper medical attention.

The sad part is that I am more worried about STIs with non-SWs than I am with SWs.

Mhmm that's the thing. I'm unclear whether Japan is the old Japan or the new Japan that is more STD aware and proactive in flushing it out. Thanks for the info. Insider info on the culture always helps.

If she has one of those shaky orgasms she could squish you between her legs and it would be an unfortunate way to die

Let's be honest... the average woman in Japan doesn't have enough muscle in her thighs for that to be dangerous.

If you ever meet this young lady though... you're taking your life in your hands.

carriejune_anne_bowlby_01_by_soccermanager-dc9429j.jpg

If she has one of those shaky orgasms she could squish you between her legs and it would be an unfortunate way to die

Valar morgulis. It seems our dictionaries offer contradicting explanations of the word "unfortunate".

Reactions: Majora and Maxblack
What are your chances of getting sick if you are as cautious as you can be. No kisses and using condom during bj and sex? I know that's still not 100% safe but basically what's the worst that can happen and at what odds?

Reactions: Alex0707 and Majora
What are your chances of getting sick if you are as cautious as you can be. No kisses and using condom during bj and sex? I know that's still not 100% safe but basically what's the worst that can happen and at what odds?

Your main risks would be HPV and HSV2, both of which can be passed on areas the condom doesn't cover.

Your main risks would be HPV and HSV2, both of which can be passed on areas the condom doesn't cover.

You can also catch any viruses that spread through air including common cold, influenza and Ebola. And if we are thinking about the odds then of course you can break the condom and get everything at once.

Personally if I would have to avoid kissing I would as well stay at home and masturbate.

If you're that worried, then don't engage in P4P - period.

Reactions: 910234 and MikeH
If you're that worried, then don't engage in P4P - period.

Yes I can understand that and you may be right. I also understand you guys find people who are worried to be very annoying.

But I sincerely just want to recognize the risks of these activities and I don't know where else to ask and googled results are vague.

Reactions: Alex0707 and Majora
But I sincerely just want to recognize the risks of these activities and I don't know where else to ask and googled results are vague.

No, they are not vague. It is just that you, like most of the people, don't really know what "risk" means.

If they said there was one in 982.201 chance of getting HPV when kissing a girl would you do it? If not what would be the acceptable level?

People think flying is risky, though driving a car is riskier. Your perceived risk is totally different than the mathematical risk that can be calculated and thus you think the results you are given are vague.

So all in all, what @Sudsy is saying is all the truth there is. If you are worried don't engage in P4P.

No, they are not vague. It is just that you, like most of the people, don't really know what "risk" means.

If they said there was one in 982.201 chance of getting HPV when kissing a girl would you do it? If not what would be the acceptable level?

People think flying is risky, though driving a car is riskier. Your perceived risk is totally different than the mathematical risk that can be calculated and thus you think the results you are given are vague.

So all in all, what @Sudsy is saying is all the truth there is. If you are worried don't engage in P4P.

Actually I can't find actual percentage so that's why I consider them vague but I guess you're right and I do perceive risk higher cause of fear. So thanks for that.

Reactions: Majora and Ddddd
I just want to share some info for those who have anxiety issues with the prospect of being infected by HIV.

You can assess your risk on this website : http://helpline.aidsvancouver.org/

If you have taken a high level risk, you can go to a clinic and ask for a PREP. It must be taken within 72 hours after the incident.
( https://www.hiv.gov/hiv-basics/hiv-...ation-to-reduce-risk/pre-exposure-prophylaxis )

You can take a NAT test ( also called RNA PCR ) as early as 11 days after the incident.
It's only available for the HIV-1 virus but you have to know that there are almost non existent cases of HIV-2 in Japan. At least such a test will help you stay calm for the remaining weeks.

Know what test you're taking, their pros and cons.
For point of care tests available at clinics ( results within 10~20min ), the 4th generation ALERE HIV COMBO is currently the best ( http://www.aclr.com.es/clinical-res...o-and-established-hiv-infections.php?aid=6899 )
It gives 95% conclusive results at 6~8 weeks after the incident.

A good read explaining all the existing tests and their recommended periods of use :
http://paetc.org/wp-content/uploads...allroom-Branson-HIV-testing-CA-OA-11.2017.pdf

Never forget that a high level of anxiety can provoke symptoms that are very similar to acute HIV infection.

Still, it is estimated that, in Japan, there are between 3000~5000 new HIV infections every single year, mostly concentrated in the Tokyo area ( https://www.y-cn.jp/hiv/ )

Don't panic, get regularily tested.

Thank you

Can someone remind me of the forum's favourite testing clinic? My search-fu isn't up to it. After I got busted by my wife I need to get a full test and she wants it covered by insurance. Last time I got tested in shimokitazawa and would go there again but it's not covered by insurance (and they are closing this year! Sad face).

Can someone remind me of the forum's favourite testing clinic? My search-fu isn't up to it. After I got busted by my wife I need to get a full test and she wants it covered by insurance. Last time I got tested in shimokitazawa and would go there again but it's not covered by insurance (and they are closing this year! Sad face).
You can just claim you have some symptoms, it will be covered in that case. ;)

Will they conduct a full check in that case though? Or will they only test for what they think I might have (in which case I guess I can just list all possible symptoms but then I might be there all day...)?

Will they conduct a full check in that case though? Or will they only test for what they think I might have (in which case I guess I can just list all possible symptoms but then I might be there all day...)?

They can only test for what you have symptoms for or anything that is commonly contracted at the same time. So a burning sensation ought to be good to get you checked for Gon, Clam, Syph, and herpes.

Dunno why she's insisting on it being covered by insurance, though... the paid clinics are faster and test for a wider range than NHI-only places.

It's really baffling how Japan doesn't make it a conducive environment for getting these tests free of costs like say England or so. You would think that such steps would facilitate in the long run to reduce such problems. I know there's a free one at Shinjuku but in general if I feel the need to get a test I would expect it to be covered by the insurance atleast rather than faking symptoms all the time.

Reactions: eebob
It's really baffling how Japan doesn't make it a conducive environment for getting these tests free of costs like say England or so. You would think that such steps would facilitate in the long run to reduce such problems. I know there's a free one at Shinjuku but in general if I feel the need to get a test I would expect it to be covered by the insurance atleast rather than faking symptoms all the time.

Each municipality offers free STD test (HIV plus a few options) at its hokenjos or other venues. The Shinjuku one is just one of those municipality-run things.

Each municipality offers free STD test (HIV plus a few options) at its hokenjos or other venues. The Shinjuku one is just one of those municipality-run things.
Right - but the free testing facilities won't give you a copy of the test results.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Okay, so being covered by insurance is no longer a requirement. I was going to go here:
http://pctclinic.com/std-testing-treatment

Which would be 12,000 yen. Unless anybody has any better recommendations?

It was ne er a requirement to have insurance as that is the private full cost for the standard testing. However if you fake symptoms like mentioned by the @TAG Manager then you will pay 30% for the entire or partial amounts depending on which tests your 'symtoms' cover

It was ne er a requirement to have insurance as that is the private full cost for the standard testing.

It was his wife's requirement.

Reactions: Tabanico