Sexually Transmitted Disease (std) Talk

I just got my first of three HPV vaccines today actually. They're 35,000yen each.
Sounds like Gardasil-9, I got all 3 of them done at Tokyo Medical and Surgical Clinic for that price. As with most series of vaccinations, you get the most protection from the first vaccine, so if you want to save money you can try getting only the first. There's research out there saying the first will get you a majority of the immunity as getting three. I got all 3 because I could afford to.

Reactions: maikeru and Alice
It was on the news the other day that syphilis cases are up in Japan. Last year had the highest number on record, and this year is on track to top that. So be safe and get tested if you are worried. Amazon Japan has self-test kits for a number of STIs including syphilis, and you can get tested at your neighborhood urologist. I got tested recently, and the doc said if I am engaged in risky behaviour, I should get tested again.

Syphilis is treatable now, so you don't have to die from it like Al Capone.

I just got my first of three HPV vaccines today actually. They're 35,000yen each.
Yeah it cost about 100.000 total for me in Japan.
I also had it as a teen once.
Wonder if I should renew it again in my early 30s because the doctor told me it wears off in 10 years, that’s why I got the Japan one.
Hep A was two injections, maybe about 20.000-30.000 yen total. Same for hep B

Older guys cannot get vaxxed for HPV is my understanding, anyway. I tried and the nurse looked at me shocked. Said it was for girls. and young women. I think it is because the vaccination for HPV is not effective for older adult men.

At least stateside they are saying the HPV vax is good for men and women up to 45 years old, there's even a commercial campaign running currently on TV to educate people about that.

Last edited:
Older guys cannot get vaxxed for HPV is my understanding, anyway. I tried and the nurse looked at me shocked. Said it was for girls. and young women. I think it is because the vaccination for HPV is not effective for older adult men.
I guess it’s just an assumption because the vaccine was originally marketed as a prevention of womb cancer?

Reactions: Cinnabums
Yeah it cost about 100.000 total for me in Japan.
I also had it as a teen once.
Wonder if I should renew it again in my early 30s because the doctor told me it wears off in 10 years, that’s why I got the Japan one.
Hep A was two injections, maybe about 20.000-30.000 yen total. Same for hep B
Wow, vaccines are expensive in Japan. It cost me all but 30 dollars to get my HPV shots. Well and my monthly premium.

When I asked about it, I was told it's only really recommended for younger people because by 45, it's assumed any sexually active person has already been exposed. If you know you don't have it, you can say that and get it. It's still effective for older adult men, but only if you haven't been exposed to the virus yet.

Reactions: maikeru and Alice
Wow, vaccines are expensive in Japan. It cost me all but 30 dollars to get my HPV shots. Well and my monthly premium.
It's expensive because it's an import of an HPV vaccine from a Western country not covered by insurance. The Japanese HPV vaccine is likely cheaper but likely covers less strains of HPV.

Not sure if this question belongs here or in some other soapland q&a thread, but here we go:
we all know it's good practice to pee after sex to help flush out bacteria and prevent even common things like UTI. What's the etiquette for peeing after a soapland session? Do you just pee in the bathing area? give the lady a warning? pay extra for the partial golden shower? or as they usher you out at the end, ask to use the toire first before leaving?

I've always done the last option and my japanese isn't quite good enough to ask the lady about best practices.

Last edited:
Not sure if this question belongs here or in some other soapland q&a thread, but here we go:
we all know it's good practice to pee after sex to help flush out bacteria and prevent even common things like UTI. What's the etiquette for peeing after a soapland session? Do you just pee in the bathing area? give the lady a warning? pay extra for the partial golden shower? or as they usher you out at the end, ask to use the toire first before leaving?

I've always done the last option and my japanese isn't quite good enough to ask the lady about best practices.

Yeah, let's go to soaplands and piss all over the rooms a dozen people use daily. Just you asking this makes me shudder. I mean you even ask if you should give a warning first...are you insane?

Is this a serious question? If you have to go, just ask the guys at the front like any normal human being.

You know the answer: ask to use the toilet before you leave. While there are places that would accommodate your other requests, they’re not soaplands, and if the provider says golden showers are OK it’s usually them giving, not taking.

In any case, you’ve exposed yourself as someone who seemingly has no qualms about pissing in the shower, and I suggest you re-think your stance if you go to an onsen.

• Haha
Reactions: tkthedk
Wow!

Morale police on patrol this morning, EVERYONE here has pissed in the shower, yes Everyone of us. Obviously a planned wee wee normally happens in a toilet but when I had to go during a soap session girl suggested the shower and we just shared bodily fluids so a pee in the shower wasn't embarrassing. This was however crisis and not a pee for STD precaution.

Yeah, let's go to soaplands and piss all over the rooms a dozen people use daily. Just you asking this makes me shudder. I mean you even ask if you should give a warning first...are you insane?

Is this a serious question? If you have to go, just ask the guys at the front like any normal human being.
To be fair I had Kaoru tell me “ just pee” and she watched and showered it with the shower head and it was the only time in my entire life I thought about that kinda play. Then again Kaoru can make taking off my socks sexy as hell so…

damn, forgot that the topic itself is quite polarizing even in everyday normal life.

i wasn't sure the etiquette so that's why i just wait until the end (but if it's a ~2 hr session, would be nice to clear the pipes sooner than later). tbh, my first time, i wasn't even sure if it was okay to spit the iodine gargle on the floor or not since there isn't a sink in the soap rooms either.

its_all_pipes.gif

Reactions: Alice

asking for toilet at the end of session are common.

although peeing in the bathing area doesnt kill anyone, some people could still smell the ammonia afterward.

damn, forgot that the topic itself is quite polarizing even in everyday normal life.

i wasn't sure the etiquette so that's why i just wait until the end (but if it's a ~2 hr session, would be nice to clear the pipes sooner than later). tbh, my first time, i wasn't even sure if it was okay to spit the iodine gargle on the floor or not since there isn't a sink in the soap rooms either.

View attachment 24853
You can spit the mouth wash on the ground near the drain.
Just tell the girl you want to pee and she’ll give you options. There is usually a toilet on the same floor as the rooms,and a toilet downstairs when you walk out. However most experienced girls will just let you pee on the drain in the bath room. Has nothing to do with golden showers unless that’s previously specified with the girl as well (and that would not be common indeed), she doesn’t even have to stand in that area with you. You can just do it and rinse yourself and the floor off well afterwards.

I usually get ushered straight out the door once I walk downstairs. I'm sure they'd let you stay to pee, but it would interrupt their "routine". I just hit a combini up afterwards or hold it.

Just man up and pee in your pants while walking back to the station like the rest of us.
A real man pees in someone else's pants.

Just return from a shop in Tokyo and at begin of session girl put my dick inside her no condom, I didnt get it immediatly, only after like 1m, I said this aint gonna work and we continue all with the condom.
Iam super worry for HIV, is there some chances that I get it? I told her like wtf, she told that its ok, she do health check like every week but Iam still worry like a lot. Is there some places in Tokyo where I can get some sort of express test to check Am I infected? Or its impossible to detect it rn? In general Iam understanding chances pretty low (<0.01%) but still worry as fuck

Last edited by a moderator:
Calm down. While not 0%, there is a very, very, very slim chance that you got infected with HIV. If you are still worried, the window periods for HIV testing…
  • Antibody tests can usually detect HIV 23 to 90 days after exposure. Most rapid tests and self-tests are antibody tests.
  • A rapid antigen/antibody test done with blood from a finger stick can usually detect HIV 18 to 90 days after exposure.
  • An antigen/antibody lab test using blood from a vein can usually detect HIV 18 to 45 days after exposure.
  • A nucleic acid test (NAT) can usually detect HIV 10 to 33 days after exposure.
So we’re talking 10 days at the earliest using NAT.

If you’re really that worried about STDs, be smart about it and take condoms with you. HIV is also not the only STD out there, so get checked for others too if you‘re worried.

Be smart, be safe—and that applies to P4P and regular dating as well.

Reactions: Hughty
Just return from a shop in Tokyo and at begin of session girl put my dick inside her no condom, I didnt get it immediatly, only after like 1m, I said this aint gonna work and we continue all with the condom.
Iam super worry for HIV, is there some chances that I get it? I told her like wtf, she told that its ok, she do health check like every week but Iam still worry like a lot. Is there some places in Tokyo where I can get some sort of express test to check Am I infected? Or its impossible to detect it rn? In general Iam understanding chances pretty low (<0.01%) but still worry as fuck
https://ph-clinic.org/en/

I guess we might see another person shelling out 77k for HIV PEP :X3:

based on this https://std.wellnest-clinic.jp/price/
Chlamydia can be tested from 24 hours.
hiv from 4 weeks. nowadays with latest tech 10 days should be sufficient.

Last edited by a moderator: