The Anything Goes Thread

Living in Japan was the first time in my life I'd been surrounded by a significant number of Brits, and their barbarous take on the English language. For the first six or so months, I actually couldn't understand some of them (the ones from blue-collar areas). I remember the first time the topic of the pronunciation of "pedophile" came up.

THEM: "You Americans say PED-o-phile, right?"

ME: "Yeah, why? How do you say it?"

THEM: "It's pronounced, 'PEE-do-phile.'"

ME: "Fuck that, that sounds fucking gay. That can't be correct."

THEM: "How do you pronounce the word, PEDIATRICIAN?"

ME: (Silence)

THEM: "You stupid American cunt."

That's also how I figured out this new, interesting take on the world "cunt." I probably learned more about the English language than Japanese while living in Japan.

Living in Japan was the first time in my life I'd been surrounded by a significant number of Brits, and their barbarous take on the English language. For the first six or so months, I actually couldn't understand some of them (the ones from blue-collar areas). I remember the first time the topic of the pronunciation of "pedophile" came up.

That's also how I figured out this new, interesting take on the world "cunt." I probably learned more about the English language than Japanese while living in Japan.
Instead of silence he should have said, "How do you pronounce PEDESTRIAN?" Or PEDASTOOL or PISS OFF LIMEY!

As the old saying goes, “Britain and America are two nations divided by a common language.”

If only it could be this simple.

F062EDE1-2E92-4D5B-9D01-CDB188384338.jpeg

I remember when Taco Bell had the .59, .79, .99 value menu

In all fairness, that wasn't THAT long ago. I actually worked at a Taco Bell during my summer break in college, and I remember the $0.79 menu items. I think the standard crunchy and soft tacos were on that one, along with the cinnamon twists, maybe the cheese enchilada? OK, so it was a little over 20 years ago.

It actually wasn't too bad of a job. The downside was working on a Sunday morning, still very obviously drunk, watching all the hot girls stop in on their way to the beach, mall or something better than standing at a Taco Bell cash register in a fucking aqua blue Taco Bell cap and striped Taco Bell polo shirt. The upside was the caliber of worker/manager, plus the lack of supervision and oversight during the late shift. The "assistant managers" (meaning mid-20s HS drop-out potheads) were left in charge of closing up at night, so maybe 10 minutes before closing we'd make up a whole mess of chicken/steak chalupas and mexican pizzas, shut down the store, lock the doors, grab the bongs from our cars and the Old English 40s from the hidden spot in the walk-in refrigerator and get drunk and high as fuck in the kitchen, sitting on the floor eating all the free food. After we were properly shitfaced we'd steal a bunch of tomatoes, go outside the store and start throwing them at passing cars on the highway.

And mind you, that was just two years before I showed up for work in Japan. So much for the immigration screening process allowing in only quality workers.

Last edited:
Read about Matt Hancock, this is the perfect example of someone needing a regular dude friend to tell him what not to do.
Don’t give your married woman on the side a role in your office
Don’t give her a high level paying job
Don’t make out with her in the office if you know there are cameras. Someone broke might actually be watching the videos from time to time.

A regular dude friend would have made him realize he has shit to lose.

Reactions: SugoiBoy