The Next US President is....

Status
Not open for further replies.
so put away your race card

now you’re the one putting words in my mouth...
Never made it a racial argument
Tbh I never even saw Obama as a typical black American , he’s half White and half Kenyan. His ancestors were not slaves in cotton fields .

Seriously though what a shit show; last two elections the cream of the crop that the US can come up with is Trump, Hilary, Biden.
Is it too much to ask for a candidate that just doesn't come across as a bit of a cunt?

Reactions: Tabanico
Seriously though what a shit show; last two elections the cream of the crop that the US can come up with is Trump, Hilary, Biden.
Is it too much to ask for a candidate that just doesn't come across as a bit of a cunt?
There were many candidates which did’t come across as a bit of a cunt.... but maybe the unspoken truth is that the US people (or at least those choosing the candidates) now prefer cunts? :confused:

but maybe the unspoken truth is that the US people now prefer cunts? :confused:

It still doesn't mean the rest of us need to talk about that; we could as easily talk about boobs instead.

It still doesn't mean the rest of us need to talk about that; we could as easily talk about boobs instead.
Well we talk about cunts In this thread, boobs aren’t the only exciting things :)

Has there ever been a politician that didn't? But still the most recent batch have been a lot more than "a bit".

Reactions: Tabanico and MikeH
Lol! Now look at who seems a tad triggered....
There were many 4 year period in US history when growth was higher , and military stronger (and I would never forget how they liberated my country , and still feel much gratitude for THAT America). Your hero backed off in Syria like a coward, much more than Obama, as much as he’s backing off vs Covid without much of a fight

1) If you're grateful for the U.S. military liberating France, I don't see how you could possibly be a fan of the way Obama neutered our military to pre-WWII levels.

2) Obama did absolutely nothing to Syria, unless you count partnering with RUSSIA (collusion??) on a bullshit chemical weapons deal that Assad repeatedly violated by gassing women and children. Trump's response to Syria violating that Obama agreement and gassing civilians was to bomb the living shit out of Syria with 59 Tomahawk missiles. I'd hardly call that "backing off." If that's the case, you would've preferred he take the next logical step in military escalation, which is troops on the ground? I certainly wouldn't want American kids dying for another nonsense, unnecessary overseas engagement. Hopefully you can see the irony. Obama withdraws troops and the anti-war liberal media calls him a hero. Trump withdraws troops and the same liberal media screams bloody murder and calls for war. Go figure.

3) I didn't vote for Trump. I actively campaigned against Trump. I held a titled state-level role in a campaign to stop Trump from getting the Republican nomination. I wrote op-ed pieces for politicians and other concerned party leaders, warning Republicans not to support his candidacy. I coordinated a state-level social media campaign warning Republicans not to support his candidacy. After he won, I was booted from local GOP operations and was denied a very cushy government job I was in line for. I still coordinate unofficially with and do messaging for beltway Republican organizations that try to hold Trump responsible when he veers off course. Hardly the actions one would take toward someone he considers a "hero." And, I might add, a hell of a lot more than any of the delirious TDS haters in this forum ever did and yet they run their mouths like their opinions even matter or that they ever did even a single thing to impact a topic they're suddenly so passionate about and the foremost authority on.

Again, I live in reality and deal with facts. Since this thread is dedicated to a political topic I could probably keep going, but it is getting very boring (dealing with TDS is especially tiresome) and I'm not getting paid to do it anymore so I believe I'll go have a wine now.

The Trump administration in common with around 200 countries haven’t handled the Corona situation well. If Biden were the President, the US would be in a similar situation as they are now.

If Biden were president now, sure, because Trump dismantled all of the federal government bodies responsible for dealing with it, including (but not only) the National Security Council Directorate for Global Health Security and Biodefense. Untangling that mess is going to be a significant undertaking for anyone who comes in.

1) If you're grateful for the U.S. military liberating France, I don't see how you could possibly be a fan of the way Obama neutered our military to pre-WWII levels.

2) Obama did absolutely nothing to Syria, unless you count partnering with RUSSIA (collusion??) on a bullshit chemical weapons deal that Assad repeatedly violated by gassing women and children. Trump's response to Syria violating that Obama agreement and gassing civilians was to bomb the living shit out of Syria with 59 Tomahawk missiles. I'd hardly call that "backing off." If that's the case, you would've preferred he take the next logical step in military escalation, which is troops on the ground? I certainly wouldn't want American kids dying for another nonsense, unnecessary overseas engagement. Hopefully you can see the irony. Obama withdraws troops and the anti-war liberal media calls him a hero. Trump withdraws troops and the same liberal media screams bloody murder and calls for war. Go figure.

3) I didn't vote for Trump. I actively campaigned against Trump. I held a titled state-level role in a campaign to stop Trump from getting the Republican nomination. I wrote op-ed pieces for politicians and other concerned party leaders, warning Republicans not to support his candidacy. I coordinated a state-level social media campaign warning Republicans not to support his candidacy. After he won, I was booted from local GOP operations and was denied a very cushy government job I was in line for. I still coordinate unofficially with and do messaging for beltway Republican organizations that try to hold Trump responsible when he veers off course. Hardly the actions one would take toward someone he considers a "hero." And, I might add, a hell of a lot more than any of the delirious TDS haters in this forum ever did and yet they run their mouths like their opinions even matter or that they ever did even a single thing to impact a topic they're suddenly so passionate about and the foremost authority on.

Again, I live in reality and deal with facts. Since this thread is dedicated to a political topic I could probably keep going, but it is getting very boring (dealing with TDS is especially tiresome) and I'm not getting paid to do it anymore so I believe I'll go have a wine now.

For the facts on a Syria...

https://www.google.co.jp/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/600829/

Trump begging Erdogan in a letter to not invade and the recipient throwing it in the dustbin was probably what you call a strong show of American leadership ....

But anyway I agree: sipping wine is more fun than arguing on TAG . Cheers! :)

Reactions: Keihan Chikan
For the facts on a Syria...

https://www.google.co.jp/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/600829/

Trump begging Erdogan in a letter to not invade and the recipient throwing it in the dustbin was probably what you call a strong show of American leadership ....

But anyway I agree: sipping wine is more fun than arguing on TAG . Cheers! :)

I just polished off a half bottle of Chardonnay and a tallboy, and good ideas always come with alcohol, so I've got a better idea than argue about who does and doesn't suck that also keeps with the spirit of this thread about who the next president is. I pose this question: What's your prediction about the next few months leading up to the November election? It's obvious that this will be a single-issue election, and that issue is COVID-19. You can call me a conspiracy theorist or tin-hat-douchebag but this is what I think will happen, and mark my words so I can rub it in your faces if it comes true.

I think that sometime in September we're going to get breaking news that one (or more) of the large-scale vaccine trials was successful and that the drug is being forwarded to the FDA for rapid approval. It looks like the Oxford/AstraZeneca and Moderna vaccines are the most promising, and Trump claims he has already secured 100-million doses of the former with another deal for 500-million more, but because the Moderna vaccine is partnered with the NIH and can therefore be controlled by the federal government (meaning Trump) I think Moderna is going to be the first. Stock markets will rally like never before. The entire mood in the country will shift into celebration mode, much like VE Day or VJ Day back in 1945. Whether or not the vaccine is safe in the long term will be largely ignored.

Then, Trump is going to lean on the FDA for approval and, despite the FDA commissioner claiming he won't be bullied by politics, the new vaccine is going to get approval in October. And then, Trump will launch a non-stop Twitter tirade celebrating "his" delivery of a working vaccine, "the first in the world, it's amazing, it's phenomenal, it's safe, I already took fifteen doses," he'll hit the campaign trail holding rallies in all of the hardest-hit states with significant electoral votes (Florida, Nevada, etc.), he might even name the fucking vaccine after himself, but he will get the message across and come across as a savior.

The Dow Jones will skyrocket past 30k. Tourist destinations and major factories across the country will tentatively set reopening or expansion plans, new government and private sector jobs will be created just to handle the mass production and distribution of the vaccine, creating or bringing back hundreds of thousands of jobs. Joe Biden, stuttering and demented by that point, will be a non-issue and largely just ignored. Nobody will even care about debates.

And in November, Trump will be re-elected.

If you think I'm wrong, what say you?

I think it is more likely that Trump will make it difficult for the people who would likely vote against him to get to the polls, whether that is by purging voter rolls, locking more and more people up, or fomenting civil unrest so that he can continue to send in Federal law enforcement to block off the streets. I think there is a possibility that if a vaccine appears he will get a bounce, but only to the extent that he will still need to stop people from voting.

I think it is more likely that Trump will make it difficult for the people who would likely vote against him to get to the polls, whether that is by purging voter rolls, locking more and more people up, or fomenting civil unrest so that he can continue to send in Federal law enforcement to block off the streets. I think there is a possibility that if a vaccine appears he will get a bounce, but only to the extent that he will still need to stop people from voting.

Fair enough, but I would venture a guess that in-person voting, which has already been on the decline for more than ten years, will be even less popular now due to COVID and far more people will opt to vote absentee or, in increasing numbers (like my current location) state governments are opting for all mail-in voting. Voter suppression will be increasingly more difficult, if not impossible, because it's not like the old days where Klansmen can stand outside polling places and threaten black folks, or later when Black Panthers would stand outside polling places and threaten white voters to keep them away or coerce them into voting for their favored candidates. Many year ago I used to volunteer as a GOP "poll watcher," which is the government-sanctioned position each political party has to basically have their own security staff on site to make sure nothing illegal is happening while people vote. If someone wants to vote, it's next to impossible to stop them.

Trust me, it's a hell of a lot harder to get folks to vote than stop them from voting.

Ahem. That was a team effort there, Johnny-come-lately.

Umm, NO. Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks told me that the Americans liberated France all by ourselves, without the help of all those god damned Brits or beady-eyed Canadians. You need to watch more award-winning movies.

I just polished off a half bottle of Chardonnay and a tallboy, and good ideas always come with alcohol, so I've got a better idea than argue about who does and doesn't suck that also keeps with the spirit of this thread about who the next president is. I pose this question: What's your prediction about the next few months leading up to the November election? It's obvious that this will be a single-issue election, and that issue is COVID-19. You can call me a conspiracy theorist or tin-hat-douchebag but this is what I think will happen, and mark my words so I can rub it in your faces if it comes true.

I think that sometime in September we're going to get breaking news that one (or more) of the large-scale vaccine trials was successful and that the drug is being forwarded to the FDA for rapid approval. It looks like the Oxford/AstraZeneca and Moderna vaccines are the most promising, and Trump claims he has already secured 100-million doses of the former with another deal for 500-million more, but because the Moderna vaccine is partnered with the NIH and can therefore be controlled by the federal government (meaning Trump) I think Moderna is going to be the first. Stock markets will rally like never before. The entire mood in the country will shift into celebration mode, much like VE Day or VJ Day back in 1945. Whether or not the vaccine is safe in the long term will be largely ignored.

Then, Trump is going to lean on the FDA for approval and, despite the FDA commissioner claiming he won't be bullied by politics, the new vaccine is going to get approval in October. And then, Trump will launch a non-stop Twitter tirade celebrating "his" delivery of a working vaccine, "the first in the world, it's amazing, it's phenomenal, it's safe, I already took fifteen doses," he'll hit the campaign trail holding rallies in all of the hardest-hit states with significant electoral votes (Florida, Nevada, etc.), he might even name the fucking vaccine after himself, but he will get the message across and come across as a savior.

The Dow Jones will skyrocket past 30k. Tourist destinations and major factories across the country will tentatively set reopening or expansion plans, new government and private sector jobs will be created just to handle the mass production and distribution of the vaccine, creating or bringing back hundreds of thousands of jobs. Joe Biden, stuttering and demented by that point, will be a non-issue and largely just ignored. Nobody will even care about debates.

And in November, Trump will be re-elected.

If you think I'm wrong, what say you?

I say nothing, I think you’re right , actually I vouch for that scenario, for the entertainment value. Except the Dow Jones part as I shorted pretty much anything. For reasons which have nothing to do (directly) with the US elections or Covid19. Stocks valuations are insanely high , were already before the March hit and now it’s worse given all the uncertainties. Liquidity pumping and thousands of Robinhood day traders don’t make for a healthy market imo.

I'm going to need the metric you used to make this judgement and a reference.
You’re right, but Trumpians don’t like to be bothered with stats and figures , they just assert a made-up reality
Having said that in a world where a dozen countries have nukes (even goddamn France and UK... which apparently DJT discovered recently), number of tanks and GIs may be less relevant than before

You’re right, but Trumpians don’t like to be bothered with stats and figures , they just assert a made-up reality
He said "Again, I live in reality and deal with facts." so obviously he'll be able to answer

Having said that in a world where a dozen countries have nukes (even goddamn France and UK... which apparently DJT discovered recently), number of tanks and GIs may be less relevant than before

I don't bother responding to other un-named bigoted douchebags who make bigoted blanket statements like "I hate Americans," particularly the really cute ones who think they're forum hall monitors who can demand "metrics" on a silly ass novelty forum about political campaign speculation. But your observations about troop numbers, however, are absolutely correct. Military strength is no longer gauged by troop numbers or artillery, but rather expenditures and budgeting. When I referenced Obama's cuts to our military, I was referring to the budget cuts Obama demanded from the Pentagon which, if you adjust for inflation, would've reduced annual military spending to levels not seen since pre-WWII. A simple google search of SECDEF Robert Gates' remarks about his opposition to the cuts will yield all the answers and numbers you need. It is, after all, public record. And that doesn't even include the very secretive "black" operational budgets that are quietly added to congressional budget packages that include spending for unnamed operational expenses for not just the military but also federal law enforcement agencies. I learned about them as a congressional staffer. Any senior-level congressional staffer will be familiar with this, and can tell you how significantly those were reduced under the Obama regime. The ironic part is that the Bin Laden raid, which Obama was more than happy to take credit for, was carried out by operators who had been significantly defunded by the Obama Admin, which is why a number of the SEALs on that mission have been quoted saying that their only reservation about taking that mission was that it would've guaranteed Obama's re-election.

But seriously, can't we just go back to speculating about November? This sort of in-depth discussion gets the keyboard quarterback douchebags all riled up and they end up drinking too much and showing up late for their shifts at AEON.

Reactions: Durg50
I don't bother responding to other un-named bigoted douchebags who make bigoted blanket statements like "I hate Americans," particularly the really cute ones who think they're forum hall monitors who can demand "metrics" on a silly ass novelty forum about political campaign speculation. But your observations about troop numbers, however, are absolutely correct. Military strength is no longer gauged by troop numbers or artillery, but rather expenditures and budgeting. When I referenced Obama's cuts to our military, I was referring to the budget cuts Obama demanded from the Pentagon which, if you adjust for inflation, would've reduced annual military spending to levels not seen since pre-WWII. A simple google search of SECDEF Robert Gates' remarks about his opposition to the cuts will yield all the answers and numbers you need. It is, after all, public record. And that doesn't even include the very secretive "black" operational budgets that are quietly added to congressional budget packages that include spending for unnamed operational expenses for not just the military but also federal law enforcement agencies. I learned about them as a congressional staffer. Any senior-level congressional staffer will be familiar with this, and can tell you how significantly those were reduced under the Obama regime. The ironic part is that the Bin Laden raid, which Obama was more than happy to take credit for, was carried out by operators who had been significantly defunded by the Obama Admin, which is why a number of the SEALs on that mission have been quoted saying that their only reservation about taking that mission was that it would've guaranteed Obama's re-election.

But seriously, can't we just go back to speculating about November? This sort of in-depth discussion gets the keyboard quarterback douchebags all riled up and they end up drinking too much and showing up late for their shifts at AEON.

what the fuck Bush did to more than double it though? With what results? When I look at the curve in link above, the progression during Bush Jr years looks insane

Status
Not open for further replies.