Guest viewing is limited

Post-approach Game

I really don't understand this conflictive attitude. A good looking woman wants a bit of peace and quiet to listen to music and you think it's
A) ok to interrupt her
B) ok to abuse her because she's not interested in you.

When I put my headphones in and sit on the train listening to music, it's because I want some peace and quiet. It annoys the fuck out of me when people expect to talk shit to me that I'm not interested in.

It isn't really interrupting if they aren't even really listening to music in the first place and you catch them glancing at you frequently when you aren't looking, then act uninterested because they are spineless cowards.

They don't like the way I look at them? Fuck em. They don't like the way I talk to them? Fuck em. I flip people off everyday. It is a lot of fun because most people deserve it.

Mate you're an amusing brand of crazy. next time I see a Japanese person literally do one of those cartoonish jumping flinches of terror when all I've done is simply stopped them to ask directions, I'll think of you and smile

Mate you're an amusing brand of crazy. next time I see a Japanese person literally do one of those cartoonish jumping flinches of terror when all I've done is simply stopped them to ask directions, I'll think of you and smile

Come on...we all know a white person doesn't have to be crazy to make Japanese people flinch in terror...they just have to be...non Japanese lol.

You gotta step it up a notch, drop some LSD and hit the streets with only your banana hammock, do some shock tactics by jumping in front of them suddenly while wearing Google Glass:mad:

Well Nigel would say that is cranking it to 11 because even smiling has proven to scare them lol.

Japanese people are afraid of gaijin faces, especially, the Caucasian type.

After getting thrown out of the only Starbucks I ever had any luck in and pleasantly blown out by scores more girls, I'm pretty burnt out on this. How anyone "regularly" (being aware of the low strike rate involved) makes stuff like this work is beyond me, as is how they ever put up with all the stress and hassle needed to gain any real skill in the face of ever increasing frustration and disappointment.

I don't think I have the psychological wherewithal at this point to be ignored by hundreds of girls in the street (plus it seems I could end up like TokyoJoeblow rather than Solong/Sinapse, which would be counterproductive to say the least)... are the odds much better on trains and station platforms?

I did previously read Solong's enthusiastic contributions on the subject (http://tokyoadultguide.com/threads/train-nampa.8258/) with some interest, although as usual the accounts given here are not exactly wholly congruent with experience in the field so I had certain reservations about what to expect.

After getting thrown out of the only Starbucks I ever had any luck in and pleasantly blown out by scores more girls, I'm pretty burnt out on this. How anyone "regularly" (being aware of the low strike rate involved) makes stuff like this work is beyond me, as is how they ever put up with all the stress and hassle needed to gain any real skill in the face of ever increasing frustration and disappointment.

I don't think I have the psychological wherewithal at this point to be ignored by hundreds of girls in the street (plus it seems I could end up like TokyoJoeblow rather than Solong/Sinapse, which would be counterproductive to say the least)... are the odds much better on trains and station platforms?

I did previously read Solong's enthusiastic contributions on the subject (http://tokyoadultguide.com/threads/train-nampa.8258/) with some interest, although as usual the accounts given here are not exactly wholly congruent with experience in the field so I had certain reservations about what to expect.

Well it isn't like I never pull women because I do alright at times.

I know my attitude is what causes more rejections.

I just wish most Japanese women weren't so anti-nampa.

I just wish most Japanese women weren't so anti-nampa.

They get less anti nanpa (albeit very gradually) by having less guys berate them for walking down the street. If you approach graciously and let her be if she doesn't like it she won't have a bad experience, won't tell her friends, leading her friends to be less on guard when random gaijin #3586 comes to potentially berate her. This is a social ecosystem, you improve it by leaving girls with good experiences. If she hears more stories like "Man the coolest guy came up to me in the street today" as opposed to "this guy was so annoying he would not go away and then he flipped me off and yelled at me for no reason" she will be more open next time.

What you're doing is like shitting in the pool then swimming around in it and wondering why it stinks

@Ascent, @TokyoJoeblow

Dont let it get you down guys, in the end all experience is good experience. Try to re-phrase your thoughts to see situations from a more positive perspective, you'll end up enjoying the process a lot more.

Eg. Instead of: 'I tried to get her contact details' (couldnt) = Failure, try: 'I approached to see if we click, got my answer' (no) = Success. Sounds trivial but makes a huge difference, I reckon. Same goes for many situations in life

@Ascent, @TokyoJoeblow

Dont let it get you down guys, in the end all experience is good experience. Try to re-phrase your thoughts to see situations from a more positive perspective, you'll end up enjoying the process a lot more.

Eg. Instead of: 'I tried to get her contact details' (couldnt) = Failure, try: 'I approached to see if we click, got my answer' (no) = Success. Sounds trivial but makes a huge difference, I reckon. Same goes for many situations in life

Great advice. Reframing is massively powerful, in all situations

They get less anti nanpa (albeit very gradually) by having less guys berate them for walking down the street. If you approach graciously and let her be if she doesn't like it she won't have a bad experience, won't tell her friends, leading her friends to be less on guard when random gaijin #3586 comes to potentially berate her. This is a social ecosystem, you improve it by leaving girls with good experiences. If she hears more stories like "Man the coolest guy came up to me in the street today" as opposed to "this guy was so annoying he would not go away and then he flipped me off and yelled at me for no reason" she will be more open next time.

What you're doing is like shitting in the pool then swimming around in it and wondering why it stinks

Yes, this is one reason, but NOT the ONLY reason. Japanese women are anti-nampa because they are shy and insecure as well.

Japanese women are anti-nampa because they are shy and insecure as well.

So the best way to deal with these shy and insecure women is to abuse them because they are not interested, making them even more insecure. Sometimes I think you can't be the guy that posts on these forums in RL, as nobody could really not see the problem with their behaviour after making so many mistakes.

So the best way to deal with these shy and insecure women is to abuse them because they are not interested, making them even more insecure. Sometimes I think you can't be the guy that posts on these forums in RL, as nobody could really not see the problem with their behaviour after making so many mistakes.

I'm not trolling. I'm seriously like this in real life lol. I try not to abuse people, but it is difficult. I'm still seeking mental help though.

It is just annoying when I stop hitting on women and then I get women sending my body language and then flaking. It is like what the fuck? I'm not even bothering women anymore and then one comes to me and then pulls some flaky ass shit on me? It is a bunch of shit. How can you not get angry when women do that?

Are there a lot of open cans of paint thinner near you?

I'm not trolling. I'm seriously like this in real life lol. I try not to abuse people, but it is difficult. I'm still seeking mental help though.

It is just annoying when I stop hitting on women and then I get women sending my body language and then flaking. It is like what the fuck? I'm not even bothering women anymore and then one comes to me and then pulls some flaky ass shit on me? It is a bunch of shit. How can you not get angry when women do that?

Your Mental Help clinic has a name : it's a PUA bootcamp, and the physician's nickname is Synapse.

Reactions: Wwanderer
Interesting thread. To summarize some of the numbers:

(Success = sex)
Ascent < 1% success rate
Some famous PUA 3% success rate
Japanese nanpa masters < 5% success rate
Sinapse 10% success rate
A beginning PUA 3% success rate according to the 1/3 rule

According to Sinapse only 1% of the guys can overcome the fear of approaching. It sounds pretty hopeless for the average guy then.

Also interesting how a 3% success rate sounds reasonable but 1/3 sex from a date doesn't.

Maybe if you'd be more respectful to women they'd treat you better. "Bar rats" is not a nice word.

And SoLong mentioned in another post that girls can't read your mind and can't know how you think about them and other girls but the less naive girls will absolutely feel if you really respect
women and treat them equal (which doesn't mean you cant hunt for loose sex because sometimes thats what women are on as well). Its just a certain vibe you give up and it leaves a bad taste with the women you talk to that makes them not want to meet you again.

Nor is "whore" either, but both words encapsulate certain essential truths about the women to whom they are applied. Most men wouldn't respect the qualities such women embody, whatever they might think of women more generally.

I'm inclined to be particularly respectful of people who are sincere and truthful in their dealings with me, whilst being constantly strung along by the sadly all too common flaky Japanese girls has left me very sceptical in my interactions with them.

If a beginner has a 3% success rate and an advanced guy like Sinapse gets 10% then it hardly seems worth it to put 1000's of hours into it to get 3x more girls (not taking quality into account).

If other PUA and nanpa masters get only <5% then maybe Sinapse is just an outlier or the conditions are highly favorably for a (white) guy like Sinapse in Japan. I have a friend who got a truckload of Japanese girls but he can't get the same number of girls in Korea or Australia.

For those saying you need to practice 10,000 times and you will become great, read the book "The Sports Gene". Even if I practice a million times I will never become a NBA star. Sure I can become better but if I just happen to have the bad genes then I will always be a mediocre player no matter how much I practice.

Reactions: Wwanderer
Imo there is night and day difference between 1 - developing/improving skills and 2 - changing one's basic personality traits and fundamental abilities. The latter is surely far more difficult and perhaps not psychologically healthy even if you succeed. The former is changing what you can do; the latter is changing (or trying to change) who you are. A very sharp distinction should be made between the two.

I keep mentioning that we have not been discussing my biggest misgivings about PUA/gaming so far. This is one of them.

-Ww

According to Sinapse only 1% of the guys can overcome the fear of approaching. It sounds pretty hopeless for the average guy then.

This includes the 95% of guys who don't really give it a solid try. Most guys will never try to overcome their fear of approaching women and instead will only rely on "warm" situations like social situations or introductions. Most guys will be paralyzed an unable to say hi even if their totally perfect and ideal girl walked right in front of them - and they'd make all kinds of mental excuses as to why they won't talk to her ("I'm busy right now, I'll talk to the next one" "She's probably busy" "She won't respond" "She's walking too fast" "She's too far away now" etc etc). So I don't mean 1% who start studying game - no those are already ahead of the curve compared to everyone else except naturals (guys who naturally just attract women without much effort).

If a beginner has a 3% success rate and an advanced guy like Sinapse gets 10% then it hardly seems worth it to put 1000's of hours into it to get 3x more girls (not taking quality into account).

Not sure why you would discard quality! That's the most important piece!

conditions are highly favorably for a (white) guy like Sinapse in Japan.

I've mentioned before that I'm not white. And, when I first came here before working on pickup heavily, I wasn't getting laid at all. So no, I would not say that is accurate. Also, the "3%" rate for beginners is not at all accurate either I believe (where did you get it?). Beginners are wildly different levels, but I would say the most common starting place is 0 - they can't even get a single (decent) girl.

All of this is useless mental number crunching. The only metric that matters is how much have YOU improved - not what other guys are doing. You should undertake the journey of pickup for the person you will become (a man on his purpose), NOT the results you will get (girls).

Imo there is night and day difference between 1 - developing/improving skills and 2 - changing one's basic personality traits and fundamental abilities. The latter is surely far more difficult and perhaps not psychologically healthy even if you succeed. The former is changing what you can do; the latter is changing (or trying to change) who you are. A very sharp distinction should be made between the two.

I keep mentioning that we have not been discussing my biggest misgivings about PUA/gaming so far. This is one of them.

-Ww

You should undertake the journey of pickup for the person you will become (a man on his purpose), NOT the results you will get (girls).

Well let's go down that rabbit hole then (perhaps in a new thread) ^^

Also, the "3%" rate for beginners is not at all accurate either I believe (where did you get it?).
I think you and SoLong said a normal guy should be able to get a date for 10% of the approaches. And SoLong gave his rule of thumb of 1/3 for an average guy. So 100 approaches, 30 contacts, 10 dates, 3 lays. About 3% then.

Beginners are wildly different levels, but I would say the most common starting place is 0 - they can't even get a single (decent) girl.
Yes this seems more realistic to me. This also means Ascent is doing totally fine :)