Sexually Transmitted Disease (std) Talk

Went to a clinic near Nihonbashi Station for PEP. The process was fairly smooth. I waited 30 minute for the consultation. Then immediately did the blood test and got the result in another 30 min.

Like some people mentioned here, the doctor first told me that the likelihood of contracting HIV is very low in my case but at the same time expressed that he understood my concern and prescribed me the PEP just to give me the peace of mind. I gladly took it since the 77000 JPY bill was much easier to swallow than living with paranoia.
Has it been less than 72 hours?

Reactions: MikeH
"...prescribed me the PEP just to give me the peace of mind"

He's just paid 77k for peace of mind. Best not to ruin that 😅
Yeah, just concerned if this clinic is prescribing the drug outside the effective window.

he said waiting for 18 days to pass, assuming it is actually another 18 days waiting, meaning it is still under 72 hours period.

77k is about 1 session at hisyo, so ... chump change :X3:

Reactions: Alice
he said waiting for 18 days to pass, assuming it is actually another 18 days waiting, meaning it is still under 72 hours period.
72 hours is 3 days. 18 days is 432 hours....

Just want to admit in this thread: I thought I wouldn't mind, but after doing something I shouldn't have with a really attractive girl in a high-end soapland, the paranoia still hits me and I'm eagerly waiting for the 18 days to pass so I can do my HIV test. I'll stick to safer practices in future.
I read this and assume the exposure day is around yesterday.
but who knows?

Yeah, just concerned if this clinic is prescribing the drug outside the effective window.

Hopefully they are also doing blood tests later to make sure his kidneys and liver don't blow up.

Reactions: Acid Burn and Sudsy
I was wondering if he was getting a panel done, or if his entire cost was just for HIV test and PEP.

I've seen people with end stages of syphilis as well as AIDS.... truth be told, I thought the syphllis case was worse. Granted.. I only saw one case of syphilis like that but the disease was rarely seen before whereas prevalence is higher now

It was just under 72 hours window. The doctor was upfront about the side effects which aligns with what I read online. Hopefully my livet and kidney won't blow up, lol.

The cost was for the initial consultation including the HIV, hepatitis and kidney tests as well as 1 month's course of PEP. I'm planning to do the full test after the course.

Reactions: Sudsy
It was just under 72 hours window. The doctor was upfront about the side effects which aligns with what I read online. Hopefully my livet and kidney won't blow up, lol.

The cost was for the initial consultation including the HIV, hepatitis and kidney tests as well as 1 month's course of PEP. I'm planning to do the full test after the course.
Glad to hear it. And also glad that you took the logical route (get appropriate treatment) rather than letting it eat away at you.

also now you are on PEP anyway doesnt that mean you can err… go out in the rain without an umbrella… for the duration of the course? Is that how it works? I think thats how it works.

• Haha
Reactions: jhingy567
also now you are on PEP anyway doesnt that mean you can err… go out in the rain without an umbrella… for the duration of the course? Is that how it works? I think thats how it works.

That's how the guys I know use it for their annual trip to Thailand.

Reactions: Durg50
PEP is for suppressing a possible infection and letting your immune system finish it off. Re-exposure while on PEP usually means extending the course of PEP by 4 weeks.

PrEP is the one that prevents contraction.

They’re very different cocktails .

If I remember correctly, the daily PrEP is just JPY12500/month, sounds like a good deal for people who really want to do it raw. And I would assume the soapland girls who offer such service are probably taking it.
There is also on-demand PrEP that's about JPY5000.

If I remember correctly, the daily PrEP is just JPY12500/month, sounds like a good deal for people who really want to do it raw. And I would assume the soapland girls who offer such service are probably taking it.
really depends on your risk profile, but for those who afraid of condom breaking can use this PreP on top of condom. however it only protect against HIV if you use it without condom.

many raw warriors on the other forum use this and antibiotics before going to battle lol.

I wouldn’t assume that tbh. A girl I talked to about it was taking prophylactic antibiotics but had never heard of PrEP

Sex Ed and prevention of STIs seems pretty low in Japan.

From my understanding, Japan gets its STI counts from govt selected OB/GYN clinics only.... however most STIs would be diagnosed in STD clinics or urgent care types of places. Thus most STI are not counted or tracked. This is how there is more antibiotic resistant gonorrhea and syphilis here despite low reports of infection.

Reactions: Hughty
This is how there is more antibiotic resistant gonorrhea and syphilis here despite low reports of infection.
It's more the docs that throw random antibiotics out there as "prophylactics" instead of keeping up with the ones that actually work and reserving them for when there's an infection. Not kidding, a huge percentage of working girls take antibiotics daily - for years - in hopes of preventing an STI.

Japan doesn't have an effective mechanism for pulling a medical practitioner's license, so these old quacks just keep on passing out pills like candy.

It's more the docs that throw random antibiotics out there as "prophylactics" instead of keeping up with the ones that actually work and reserving them for when there's an infection. Not kidding, a huge percentage of working girls take antibiotics daily - for years - in hopes of preventing an STI.

Japan doesn't have an effective mechanism for pulling a medical practitioner's license, so these old quacks just keep on passing out pills like candy.
Absolutely — although I know girls who order the pills from India.

Interestingly enough though the increase in syphilis in the US has led to some successful trials of prophylactic doxycycline for high risk individuals so the idea isn’t totally off base in current conditions

the increase in syphilis in the US has led to some successful trials of prophylactic doxycycline for high risk individuals
Yeah, there's a place for properly researched prophylaxis - the problem is the pill-mill docs here that'll prescribe anything for any reason.

Though my bodybuilder buddies do like the cheap government subsidized testosterone....

Hello everyone, 👋
Yesterday I spent time with someone unreviewed from Libe NH Osaka and received kisses and BBBJ, got provided toys used on my butt, gave a HJ and had insertive anal with condom until finishing outside. Overall the experience wasn't the best (mainly because they looked completely different from the pictures, had many scars from cutting themselves and the place smelled weird) and now I keep thinking about it...

I shaved about 10h before and found a bit of blood in my stool after it (from the toys)... During play I didn't have any major contact to their cum or blood, but I'm still a little concerned about the toys which probably touched countless people, rectal fluids and all the mixed lube that was covering me as well as things I may not have seen due to the dimmed light. I feel stupid for going in the first place because I know that I am a little hypochondriac...

Can anyone give me a few honest words that slap me into reality so I stop fantasizing about HIV and other STDs? Did my explanation sound safe to you guys or was I reckless? Is Libe considered a safe shop? What would you do after this experience? Are my concerns reasonable or just my disappointment? What should be my main worry, if any? Even if you would just go straight to the next one after an encounter like this I'd be happy to hear some realism.

I know that I can just get tests but that will only be reliable in a couple weeks... It was my first time at a shop and I won't go to similar establishments again, because it ruins my mood more than anything and I almost feel sorry for posting such a lousy post... I'm usually very logical about things, but this stupid hypochondriac tendency now leaves me uneasy (probably ignited by my disappointment)...

I'd love to hear some of your thoughts and whether I should leave a review or not.

Kind regards 😓👋

I know this feeling. I remember seeing a Thai provider in London, on a business trip, years and years ago, and they used a fleshlight on me. Obviously I was super horny at the time so thought it was great. Until I nutted and got home and was like, WHAT THE FUCK WAS I THINKING???
I convinced myself I had an STD for a couple of weeks till I got tested and was all clear.
Ultimately, there is no point panicking about any of this stuff. Pretty much anything you pick up can be treated. Just relax, and keep yourself covered until you get yourself checked.

Reactions: Maxblack and Synowo
Hello everyone, 👋
Yesterday I spent time with someone unreviewed from Libe NH Osaka and received kisses and BBBJ, got provided toys used on my butt, gave a HJ and had insertive anal with condom until finishing outside. Overall the experience wasn't the best (mainly because they looked completely different from the pictures, had many scars from cutting themselves and the place smelled weird) and now I keep thinking about it...

I shaved about 10h before and found a bit of blood in my stool after it (from the toys)... During play I didn't have any major contact to their cum or blood, but I'm still a little concerned about the toys which probably touched countless people, rectal fluids and all the mixed lube that was covering me as well as things I may not have seen due to the dimmed light. I feel stupid for going in the first place because I know that I am a little hypochondriac...

Can anyone give me a few honest words that slap me into reality so I stop fantasizing about HIV and other STDs? Did my explanation sound safe to you guys or was I reckless? Is Libe considered a safe shop? What would you do after this experience? Are my concerns reasonable or just my disappointment? What should be my main worry, if any? Even if you would just go straight to the next one after an encounter like this I'd be happy to hear some realism.

I know that I can just get tests but that will only be reliable in a couple weeks... It was my first time at a shop and I won't go to similar establishments again, because it ruins my mood more than anything and I almost feel sorry for posting such a lousy post... I'm usually very logical about things, but this stupid hypochondriac tendency now leaves me uneasy (probably ignited by my disappointment)...

I'd love to hear some of your thoughts and whether I should leave a review or not.

Kind regards 😓👋
You wore a condom for anal, and didn't contact their fluids other than saliva, which does not carry HIV. The toys will not be an HIV risk, as HIV cannot survive exposure to oxygen. Libe also sanitizes toys, so you're fine there as regards anything else. The worst you're realistically facing is a low possibility of chlamydia or gonorrhoea from the unprotected oral, and a very low possibility of herpes.

Reactions: Synowo
You wore a condom for anal, and didn't contact their fluids other than saliva, which does not carry HIV. The toys will not be an HIV risk, as HIV cannot survive exposure to oxygen. Libe also sanitizes toys, so you're fine there as regards anything else. The worst you're realistically facing is a low possibility of chlamydia or gonorrhoea from the unprotected oral, and a very low possibility of herpes.
Thank you so much for your answer (and Tabanico's too)! This already calmed me down a bit, I just have few little little questions:

How frequent do the shops (in my case Libe Osaka) test their members and is it possible for members to stay undetected for a long time?

And regarding the lube: Are my concerns about contracting something through that unreasonable? It probably protects me more than anything - especially if it was a lot of lube, right? (I'm just thinking about stuff that may have mixed into it and then spread around the condom)

And again sorry for these questions... I feel silly...

How frequent do the shops (in my case Libe Osaka) test their members and is it possible for members to stay undetected for a long time?
We don't know, you need to ask them.
But, I'll bet that they take much better care of their their own health than their clients do because of the line of work they are in. These people have normal lives outside their work, just like everyone else does.

Are my concerns about contracting something through that unreasonable?
Yes.