Terrible Dad Jokes Thread

It..it was another dad joke lol.

When it becomes "apparent" "a parent." Like a parent is a dad.

I guess dad jokes also work best in people's native tongues so maybe that's part of why you don't get some of them? I think a lot of dad jokes rely on subtle wordplay more than anything else.

ah ah! See, I’m hopeless :ROFLMAO:
And parent is the same word in French. Apparent too. I don’t even have this excuse then .

I guess Dad jokes are just too sophisticated for me. I have not escaped from adolescence yet. You put me in front of any sophomoric US comedy full of dick jokes and that’s more my thing. Say American Pie or Superbad.

Yeah well say that with a straight face when you’ll see mine
Straight face when I see your dick? Heh . .

As for actually seeing yours, I'll ask our mutual Korean friend if she wants a double date.

Reactions: Frenchy
ah ah! See, I’m hopeless :ROFLMAO:
And parent is the same word in French. Apparent too. I don’t even have this excuse then .

I guess Dad jokes are just too sophisticated for me. I have not escaped from adolescence yet. You put me in front of any sophomoric US comedy full of dick jokes and that’s more my thing. Say American Pie or Superbad.

Also in regards to your question about the quality of the joke having to do with it being a dad joke.

I think dad jokes are so bad that they do a full 180. They're so unfunny and cheesey that they become funny. They're a true treasure, especially for a dadless heathen like me ;)

I'd say that a joke becomes a "dad joke" when it becomes apparent

I object! :)

To be fair that's only really a dad joke if your dad is David Duke....

duke-firstdraftSUB-tmagArticle.jpg

The classic definition of a Dad joke is that it has a simple, yet horrific, pun of some kind.

But do you know when a joke truly becomes a dad joke?

When it becomes apparent.

Frenchy didn’t get it when I posted it either. :)

I object! :)

Frenchy didn’t get it when I posted it either. :)

yeah but come on a French guy is not supposed to know him. The Apparent/Parent thing, frankly, I should have got this one.
I guess I must read « Dad jokes for dummies » or sthg like that

Also in regards to your question about the quality of the joke having to do with it being a dad joke.

I think dad jokes are so bad that they do a full 180. They're so unfunny and cheesey that they become funny. They're a true treasure, especially for a dadless heathen like me ;)

Well at least you should be happy I’m not your daddy then :)

Well at least you should be happy I’m not your daddy then :)

But if she calls you that will you get angry? I would just probably go; we are in Japan afterall.

But if she calls you that will you get angry? I would just probably go; we are in Japan afterall.
So is there a Dad’s joke in what you just wrote?
Guys seriously you have to tell me in advance , you know now I suffer from acute DadsJokes blindness . Don’t make me wonder for hours if there aint even a joke, that’s cruel!

Reactions: MikeH

Yeah, there is, but it's actually pretty bad. Which of course makes it a better Dad Joke.

Yeah, there is, but it's actually pretty bad. Which of course makes it a better Dad Joke.
Naaah you’re just kidding . There’s no joke. Good try though
, I stayed 5mn on it

Naaah you’re just kidding . There’s no joke. Good try though
, I stayed 5mn on it

Nyah, you are just doing this so we would believe you are more sophisticated than the rest of us. :p

Guys seriously you have to tell me in advance , you know now I suffer from acute DadsJokes blindness . Don’t make me wonder for hours if there aint even a joke, that’s cruel!

DadsJokes blindness huh?

Unfortunately I can't be of much help here. Although I do have a friend who temporarily lost his vision.

He was a teacher...he went blind when his pupils stopped working.

DadsJokes blindness huh?

Unfortunately I can't be of much help here. Although I do have a friend who temporarily lost his vision.

Cass is killing it with the dad jokes tonight.

DadsJokes blindness huh?

yesssss! I got this one! There is a ray of hope after all. Thanks Cassandra

yesssss! I got this one! There is a ray of hope after all. Thanks Cassandra
Actually the joke was about a real story about young female high school teacher who had sex with a student. The joke was she went blind because she blew a pupil.

Reactions: SugoiBoy
Ah sorry sudsy I didn't read the whole thread, didn't mean to steal your joke.

To be fair, people often accuse me of "stealing others jokes" and "being a plagiarist"

But hey, their words not mine! :D

Better watch it with the thieving ways, or you might end up behind bars.

Though with you being a heavy reader, that might be not such a bad thing... prison libraries are surprisingly well stocked.

In fact, the prose outweighs the cons.

What’s all the fuss with dads anyway
Pete Davidson lost his at a young age and he’s a comedian star now . Didnt need dad’s jokes at all.

What’s all the fuss with dads anyway
Pete Davidson lost his at a young age and he’s a comedian star now . Didnt need dad’s jokes at all.

He couldn't keep a spinner so there.

He couldn't keep a spinner so there.
Ah ah, true. But maybe he’s better off that way.
Each time I watch his Chad SNL vids I laugh like an idiot. This one especially, reminded me the old days when a good lady was actually into me and I preferred the bad bitches who weren’t :)

Reactions: namae