Terrible Dad Jokes Thread

I learned something interesting over the weekend - how determine the sex of an ant.

Turns out that all you need to is drop it in a a shot glass full of water.

If it sinks, it's female.

If It floats... boy ant.

Last edited:
Be on the lookout, everyone!

Apparently the midget fortune teller that used to murder her clients to make sure her predictions of their day of death came true just escaped from prison.

The police have advised that there is a small medium at large.

upload_2020-9-29_19-23-41.png

I saw a man that used different cuts of steak to create portraits of people.

It was a rare medium, but well done.

I'd say that a joke becomes a "dad joke" when it becomes apparent

well I don’t get half of them even after pondering them for hours if not days sometimes (especially @IchigoDave’s ones and he’s twice daddier than me) so I cannot comment on this

Reactions: IchigoDave
well I don’t get half of them even after pondering them for hours if not days sometimes (especially @IchigoDave’s ones and he’s twice daddier than me) so I cannot comment on this
I would think the dad-ness of my jokes is quite apparent. Put it this way . . . if the punchline of the joke makes your eyes roll then it is a dad joke. Are you familiar with おやじギャグ? Same thing.

Reactions: Frenchy
DAD: I was just listening to the radio on my way in to town, apparently an actress just killed herself.

MOM: Oh my! Who!?

DAD: Uh, I can't remember... I think her name was Reese something?

MOM: WITHERSPOON!!!!!???????

DAD: No, it was with a knife...

If I ever had kids, I'd name them Sam and Ella

It..it was another dad joke lol.

When it becomes "apparent" "a parent." Like a parent is a dad.

I guess dad jokes also work best in people's native tongues so maybe that's part of why you don't get some of them? I think a lot of dad jokes rely on subtle wordplay more than anything else.

Reactions: SugoiBoy