A date with my wife

I've noticed that.
while my wife is affectionate with me, she's very strict with our son and she doesn't like him to hug her too much as she talks about マザコン. I insisted that she has to give him a lot of affection while she can cause there will be a day when he'll be the one saying いやだ and ask for space.

See? Well, yes Japanese don't like マザコン boyz. Just like you see huge Afro American basketball players say, "I love you, mom" in front of the media,it's more キモい ., or 恥ずかしい for Japanese mums. Maybe you guys accept sharing differently. You give him affection alot, but your wife gives in her own way. But still that's "affection", believe it or not. Asian are made very differently from Westerns, don't ynu think? It's interesting.

See? Well, yes Japanese don't like マザコン boyz. Just like you see huge Afro American basketball players say, "I love you, mom" in front of the media,it's more キモい ., or 恥ずかしい for Japanese mums. Maybe you guys accept sharing differently. You give him affection alot, but your wife gives in her own way. But still that's "affection", believe it or not. Asian are made very differently from Westerns, don't ynu think? It's interesting.
in my home country it's also very common to see a soccer player dedicate a goal to his mum. it's like very basic but there are some cultures in which attachement to mothers is even bigger (I know arabs, italians and spanish people are over the norm about that, even as adults they hug their mothers a little too much).
and because mums are very 大切 the most offensive insults will involve mothers. the expression "son of a b****" exists in every language I know except Japanese. well even other insults don't really have Japanese equivalent, it seems you are soft on expressing your feelings in both positive and negative ways :D

in my home country it's also very common to see a soccer player dedicate a goal to his mum. it's like very basic but there are some cultures in which attachement to mothers is even bigger (I know arabs, italians and spanish people are over the norm about that, even as adults they hug their mothers a little too much).
and because mums are very 大切 the most offensive insults will involve mothers. the expression "son of a b****" exists in every language I know except Japanese. well even other insults don't really have Japanese equivalent, it seems you are soft on expressing your feelings in both positive and negative ways :D

> because mums are very 大切
Yes, I agree, "Mothers" are the most love eternal to most other countires men.

> other insults don't really have Japanese equivalent
Maybe, I only know one from good old days in Showa era said, " お前のカーチャンでべそ!your mum's outie!" We don't hear much, these days, though. Maybe it's a dead expression. Plus, I didn't understand, what exactly meant. lol.

お里が知れる、親の顔が見てみたい、ひどい親に育てられたに違いないwould be some insult for parents, when you come across of bad kids behavier.

> it seems you are soft on expressing your feelings in both positive and negative ways :D

Yes, that's because I'm 100% Japanese! I'm mature. I think before I spk things out (´∀`*)

Last edited:
> because mums are very 大切
Yes, I agree, "Mothers" are the most love eternal to most other countires men.

> other insults don't really have Japanese equivalent
Maybe, I only know one from good old days in Showa era said, " お前のカーチャンでべそ!your mum's outie!" We don't hear much, these days, though. Maybe it's a dead expression. Plus, I didn't understand, what exactly meant. lol.

お里が知れる、親の顔が見てみたい、ひどい親に育てられたに違いないwould be some insult for parents, when you come across of bad kids behavier.

> it seems you are soft on expressing your feelings in both positive and negative ways :D

Yes, that's because I'm 100% Japanese! I'm mature. I think before I spk things out (´∀`*)
I know this one and it's kinda cute and funny rather than offensive
it means you're mother's belly button is outgoing :LOL:

ps : when I said "you" I meant Japanese people. I think it's important to express yourself even if it comes from anger. It's natural for friends, brothers and lovers to argue, that means you care about each other.

Last edited:
Reactions: Malick
I get it when the husband/wife is ready to satisfy the other party but jealousy in sexless couples is a joke. it's like signing an exclusivity contract with a supplier who doesn't want to supply.

Exactly !!!!!

I get it when the husband/wife is ready to satisfy the other party but jealousy in sexless couples is a joke. it's like signing an exclusivity contract with a supplier who doesn't want to supply.

Exactly. But my wife wants affection without sex and complains if I try to go further than the proverbial "1st base". Which leaves me extremely frustrated and looking in other pastures. Argh!

last time my wife asked me if I'm cheating her I told her "I should consider it actually. I probably cum around 300 times a year and you're only involved in 10% of these times. my hand wouldn't blame me for taking 10% of the 90% she deals with to have other women handle it".

can't count the number of strokes she afflicted me for saying that. :blackeye:

Apart from the strokes did she have some kind of rationale answer too?

Exactly. But my wife wants affection without sex and complains if I try to go further than the proverbial "1st base". Which leaves me extremely frustrated and looking in other pastures. Argh!

Haha... my husband wanted massages because he was so tsukareta, but didn't want to have sex or make me feel good.

I got totally fed up with it and told him that I'd give him massages when he started giving me orgasms.

Haha... my husband wanted massages because he was so tsukareta, but didn't want to have sex or make me feel good.

I got totally fed up with it and told him that I'd give him massages when he started giving me orgasms.

I would go down to on my wife every night to give her an orgasm if should would let me. Instead it's every few months.

I guess most Japanese are raised in cold affection.
We don't have kissing, hug culture, we are pessimistic, we scold kids, when joking they look down on their kids, 何やってるんだよ〜、それだからダメなんだよー、those phrases we hear pretty often, when we are raised. But surprisingly, that comes from their affection.

It's very different from other countries that hug kids, kiss kids, encourage kids greatly, when they do good at school. It's all "normal" as 当たり前 fact, and parents wouldn't show much, unless you have a very bad score.

So,I guess, that's why majority of Japanese ladies want to have western bfs or non Japanese men with receiving lots of affection, get married, but once honeymoon ends and have kids in their family, complaint and scolding occurs alot, and not much showing affection.

They are raised seeing their parents as a model parents, and wife makes her husband tea, and hus wouldn't say "Thanx". Most things done so quietly. Well, that's more of very old fashioned style. If she was raised in happy, giggly family, she'll be like that when she gets married and raise a family.

It's sad. But, that's a reality. Guyz don't notice it, when they are in love.

At least, we shouldn't forget the gratitude, as many of you mentioned. Because you're there for me, everything goes right. I feel protected alot. How could I be happier! You're an amazing husband! Thank you so much, darling!!!

My male cat shows that to me. (´∀`*)

I wish I could say that to a man, oneday in the future...or my next life! (´∀`*)

You can't change your partner. If you want her to change, you're the one to accept her and try to find good in her. Find good game! Maybe is the key for better home.

Couldn't sleep...just wanted to say things from Japanese prospective, when being raised.

Thanks for reading.

Yes, it looks like affection is considered as weakness sometimes, or a notion imported from other countries... I love Japan , and I really admire Japanese people for building a society which on average is more peaceful and prosperous than most, but still after so many years I can't get why interpersonal relationships (notably between spouses) have to be so cold sometimes.
Also I feel like ladies (maybe men too) put on a passionate mask during the boyfriend/girlfriend period (and yeah, sex is good then!) but that mask falls after marriage. In some cases I've heard of, literally just the day after. Or do they just put on another mask ? Like society kind of EXPECTS them to become cold?
I will never understand Japanese psyche.

Reactions: e-smile and Malick
Haha.... not a husband, no.

Well me neither. Anyway can't divorce. We are living separately and I Proposed a fortune to my wife but she still says no and always wants more. Once , just to see how absurd this could get , I said OK and she came back... wanting even more! :vomit:
Maybe she's the reason I can't stand being overcharged for sex... been overcharged for no-sex (and now divorce) too long, I'm totally messed up now! :wacky:
Probably she is just afraid of losing the married status, can't quite figure out what she wants to do with her life...

Last edited:
There has to be another way to make money from marital strife besides the P4P industry.

I mean prostitution has done ok over the centuries and modern psychology has made a coin or two over the last 80 years, but there is certainly room for growth.

Maybe in the coming age of artificial intelligence someone will develop a domestic helper robot. In addition to cooking your meals and keeping your house tidy, it is also a marriage counselor and arbitrator of disagreements.

I might try marriage again if I had a robot that would logically solve problems for us.

Asimo might be able to do that one day, but I wonder if I could find a woman that would listen to it.

Maybe if we gave Asimo a Tazer and programmed it to zap the spouse who doesn't listen?

There has to be another way to make money from marital strife besides the P4P industry.

I mean prostitution has done ok over the centuries and modern psychology has made a coin or two over the last 80 years, but there is certainly room for growth.

Maybe in the coming age of artificial intelligence someone will develop a domestic helper robot. In addition to cooking your meals and keeping your house tidy, it is also a marriage counselor and arbitrator of disagreements.

I might try marriage again if I had a robot that would logically solve problems for us.

Asimo might be able to do that one day, but I wonder if I could find a woman that would listen to it.

Maybe if we gave Asimo a Tazer and programmed it to zap the spouse who doesn't listen?

Ah ah, yeah... or next step : a robo-spouse that has no ego hence no fight possible.

Reactions: Jbagz
Apart from the strokes did she have some kind of rationale answer too?
the only thing she could say is that I jerk my self off too much while on her side she's satisfied with what I give her.
like, behind the lines, we should blame ourselves for being too needy.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Also I feel like ladies (maybe men too) put on a passionate mask during the boyfriend/girlfriend period (and yeah, sex is good then!) but that mask falls after marriage. In some cases I've heard of, literally just the day after. Or do they just put on another mask ? Like society kind of EXPECTS them to become cold?

That's not only Japanese who do that. American men and women do the same thing.

Reactions: patty diaz
the only thing she could say is that I jerk my self off too much while on her side she's satisfied with what I give her.
like, behind the lines, we should blame ourselves for being too needy.
Yeah, we are the sick ones. Got that too! :(

there is a proverb in my country that says "god gives meat only to people who don't have teethes"
in 15 years my wife must have given me less than 5 massages while I gave her a countless number of massages.

Yes, it looks like affection is considered as weakness sometimes, or a notion imported from other countries... I love Japan , and I really admire Japanese people for building a society which on average is more peaceful and prosperous than most, but still after so many years I can't get why interpersonal relationships (notably between spouses) have to be so cold sometimes.
same here, big respect to Japan in the way they really have advanced in the social contract of a country. it's safe, clean and super organised. but it really lacks warmth in this concrete jungle.

Well me neither. Anyway can't divorce. We are living separately and I Proposed a fortune to my wife but she still says no and always wants more. Once , just to see how absurd this could get , I said OK and she came back... wanting even more! :vomit:
Maybe she's the reason I can't stand being overcharged for sex... been overcharged for no-sex (and now divorce) too long, I'm totally messed up now! :wacky:
Probably she is just afraid of losing the married status, can't quite figure out what she wants to do with her life...
Japan have an old fashioned way to see divorce. they would call a divorced woman "batsu ichi". they are not quitters and it's seen as failure.
that applies for work as well, they won't quit a job even if they are not happy with it.

lack of passion and affection can't be solved by logic.
you wouldn't want a logical act of passion anyway.

Reactions: Wwanderer